AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Skye629 2014-02-22 20:35

Impulse buy: HGUC Victory Gundam

No idea why I bought it lol, I suppose the only reason was to motivate me to watch the series

Just finished episode one and Im confused as hell, is it supposed to be like that?

ZeroXSEED 2014-02-22 20:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 5021324)
Impulse buy: HGUC Victory Gundam

No idea why I bought it lol, I suppose the only reason was to motivate me to watch the series

I want to buy a standard GM I but it's out of stock everywhere, and variants are just overpriced POS :(
Quote:

Just finished episode one and Im confused as hell, is it supposed to be like that?

Victory is somewhat stretched out from it's origin that is early UC timeline (MSG-CCA) that's the reason why it leaves lot of room to explain, and gave birth to Gundam Unicorn

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2014-02-22 21:07

Quote:

Episode one is supposed to confuse you since you got dropped right at the center of the action (you can blame Tomino for that). IIRC after some episodes, you'll be treated to some flashback episodes which explain how things go the way they are.

Warning: there are so many WTF-content in this series (most of them are not good "WTFs" :heh:).

ZeroXSEED 2014-02-22 21:22

Goddamnit,

Browsing through online stores and all the vanilla GMs are either sold out or overpriced

~Destiny~ 2014-02-22 21:51

I never knew that resin smells so toxic-ish :uhoh:
Small progress :(

Skye629 2014-02-22 23:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Destiny~ (Post 5021400)
I never knew that resin smells so toxic-ish :uhoh:
Small progress :(

Dude that stuff is toxic for the lungs and can lead to cancer, get a mask/high ventilated setup (preferably both) ASAP

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED (Post 5021345)
I want to buy a standard GM I but it's out of stock everywhere, and variants are just overpriced POS :(
Victory is somewhat stretched out from it's origin that is early UC timeline (MSG-CCA) that's the reason why it leaves lot of room to explain, and gave birth to Gundam Unicorn

Uh Victory is a good few decades AFTER Unicorn >_>

As for the GMs, just be patient, which ones are you looking for?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 5021351)
Episode one is supposed to confuse you since you got dropped right at the center of the action (you can blame Tomino for that). IIRC after some episodes, you'll be treated to some flashback episodes which explain how things go the way they are.

Warning: there are so many WTF-content in this series (most of them are not good "WTFs" :heh:).

Oh no wonder Im so damn confused lol, I thought I jumped into a later episode by mistake

And by WTF moments, are you referring to things like the Bikini babe assault scene I saw at some point on Youtube? ROFL

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2014-02-22 23:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 5021498)
And by WTF moments, are you referring to things like the Bikini babe assault scene I saw at some point on Youtube? ROFL

That’s one. There are others like Beam Rotors, things involving “the pride of the bikers” BS, and ships with gigantic wheels decimating city after city on land like a giant bulldozer :uhoh:, and more. This series is just crazy and certainly mirror how depressed Tomino was when creating it. Still, depends on your mood, it can be fun to watch :heh:.

ZeroXSEED 2014-02-22 23:58

Quote:

Uh Victory is a good few decades AFTER Unicorn >_>

When I mean room, there's a room between CCA and Victory to fill :heh:
Quote:

As for the GMs, just be patient, which ones are you looking for?

Vanilla GM, that means RGM-79 GM, I don't want Cold District version because the hand suck and I don't paint so dessert GM is out.

They're usually sold between 9.5-10 dollars, but as of recently the price hike up to 13-14 for other reason than inflation and my usual retailer is out of stock.

~Destiny~ 2014-02-23 00:17

Quote:

Dude that stuff is toxic for the lungs and can lead to cancer, get a mask/high ventilated setup (preferably both) ASAP

Yeah, i grabbed a mask as soon as I opened the box :heh:
I did some research ahead of time and I know inhaling it is bad, so I wet sand it in my the garage, but damn.. Never knew it'd smell so bad :eyespin:

Wild Goose 2014-02-23 03:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED (Post 5021345)

Well I got my HGUC GM Command at a good price... and I was lucky, that was the last GM Command they had.

Next Gunpla I build will be either a Command Space or a Sniper II.

Also where do you get the color for the beam saber? :heh:

ZeroXSEED 2014-02-23 03:37

Coloring beam saber? You mean solid white saber?

Pick the lightest color paint you can get, or mix them with white paint. If all else fail just dip it into food coloring solution then topcoat.

See paint tutorial just in case.

loon1688 2014-02-23 04:16

Another collection for this year....
MG Aegis Gundam, suddenly feel it look nice so just bought it.....
Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)

Appel 2014-02-23 06:44

I actually kind of expected a HGUC Neo Zeong^^; Keeping the design of the machine secret for so long without actually releasing a model kit of it would not have made a whole lot of sense in my opinion.

Wild Goose 2014-02-23 09:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED (Post 5021698)
Coloring beam saber? You mean solid white saber?

Pick the lightest color paint you can get, or mix them with white paint. If all else fail just dip it into food coloring solution then topcoat.

See paint tutorial just in case.

Noted. I guess I was expecting translucent beam saber, not realising that's with MG and later kits - mine's fairly earlyish, I think... ah screw it, just run with the MG, I'm crap with melee weapons anyway. :p

Znozzy 2014-02-23 17:54

So, My order of the following just arrived(From Kotobukiya, Sent by HLJ!):
2x Freestyle shields
1x Freestyle gun
2x Revolver/Rocket Launchers
2x Gatling Gun
1x Impact Edge

Time to build away. i'll try to post pictures of them on my custom Impulse later if the light is right

ZeroXSEED 2014-02-23 19:53

Koto's weapon sometimes is hilariously oversized even for MG, let alone HG

I remember a friend that bought Strong rifle for his Dynames... turns out it's TWICE as tall as the MS itself.

Wild Goose 2014-02-23 20:17

Guess that explains why they call it No Scale? :heh:

Galaxian 2014-02-23 20:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED (Post 5022468)
Koto's weapon sometimes is hilariously oversized even for MG, let alone HG

I remember a friend that bought Strong rifle for his Dynames... turns out it's TWICE as tall as the MS itself.

He can always pretend is the stratosphere sniper :heh:

ZeroXSEED 2014-02-23 22:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wild Goose (Post 5022484)
Guess that explains why they call it No Scale? :heh:

Yeah, they just explain them as "Suitable for robots from 15-20 cm tall"

i.e. Frame Arms, which is slightly smaller than MGUCs

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galaxian (Post 5022490)
He can always pretend is the stratosphere sniper :heh:

He did, he put a stand on the rifle and Dynames literally hugging the rifle like a Dakimakura because lulz

Skye629 2014-02-24 01:26

Anyone know the best place to pick up old 1/144 kits?

I all of a sudden have an interest in picking up some old 1/144 kits from the Victory and G-Unit lines

However the main sites I checked (HLJ and Hobbywave) are mostly out of stock and Ebay tend to charge some pretty extreme prices