AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Manga in Korean (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=20878)

Phantom Blade 2004-09-20 23:29

Manga in Korean

Anyone here read manga in korean? cuz i have some questions

i know that the newer series are unflipped and the translations arent messed with (ie: changing names), but are the older series like Kenshin messed with? cuz like with kenshin i noticed that the title has been changed... and i dont know if its flipped or not.

sOnJoOL 2004-09-21 19:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phantom Blade
Anyone here read manga in korean? cuz i have some questions

i know that the newer series are unflipped and the translations arent messed with (ie: changing names), but are the older series like Kenshin messed with? cuz like with kenshin i noticed that the title has been changed... and i dont know if its flipped or not.

i do.
and first of all they never change names. maybe there is changed names,
but 99 percent is no change
and kenshin isnt messed at all.
Rurouni Kenshin = Ba-Ram-ui GumShim.
Ken is Gum, while shin is shim.
they take the meaning rather than just the pronounciation.
and Nin is in. what do you expect the korean company to title it? 루로니켄신?
no it doesnt work that way, since korean have their own way of saying
한문, they use that. While English doesn't have a word for 한문.
Ninpou in Naruto is translated as In-Bub.
and the names dont change.
Naruto -> 나루토 Na-Ru-To
Luffy -> 루피

jennwenn 2004-09-21 20:43

Hey I'm learning Korean! *struggles to read two part names* Um...yeah learning curve....

sOnJoOL 2004-09-21 23:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by jennwenn
Hey I'm learning Korean! *struggles to read two part names* Um...yeah learning curve....

what the 한문? its Han-Moon
and keep at it~ :)

Phantom Blade 2004-09-22 01:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by sOnJoOL
i do.
and first of all they never change names. maybe there is changed names,
but 99 percent is no change
and kenshin isnt messed at all.
Rurouni Kenshin = Ba-Ram-ui GumShim.
Ken is Gum, while shin is shim.
they take the meaning rather than just the pronounciation.
and Nin is in. what do you expect the korean company to title it? 루로니켄신?
no it doesnt work that way, since korean have their own way of saying
한문, they use that. While English doesn't have a word for 한문.
Ninpou in Naruto is translated as In-Bub.
and the names dont change.
Naruto -> 나루토 Na-Ru-To
Luffy -> 루피

thats good then.

i have some questions

is GTO translated in korean? i searched GTO on yes24.com and only english and japanese ones came out.

how fast does the korean translation come out? and if u know, how long till those books reach the states?

한글 .... yea i just installed the korean type into the computer. I dont know where all the keys are. (and my spelling is pretty bad.) why is a writing system that is supposed to be phonetically the most advanced so hard to write....

sOnJoOL 2004-09-22 01:31

Quote:

thats good then.

i have some questions

is GTO translated in korean? i searched GTO on yes24.com and only english and japanese ones came out.

how fast does the korean translation come out? and if u know, how long till those books reach the states?

한글 .... yea i just installed the korean type into the computer. I dont know where all the keys are. (and my spelling is pretty bad.) why is a writing system that is supposed to be phonetically the most advanced so hard to write....

nope no gto licensed yet.
and usually, the korean version comes out after about a month after japan version.
but some have irregular release periods.
like chrno crusade, it has almost half year space between releases.

kpjoon 2004-09-30 17:52

Quote:

thats good then.

i have some questions

The Korea version of GTO ended a little after a month after it ended in Japan but In Korea it wasn't called GTO it was called 'BanHangHaJiMa" (translates to 'Don't talk back) I was thinking about reading GTO in Korean but then it's in left to right format and all of the names are changed so that's no fun...

Onizuka= Young Gil
Miyabi= Remi

etc~