AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Monogatari Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   Character discussion - Senjougahara Hitagi (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=85092)

Skyfall 2009-08-12 08:34

Character discussion - Senjougahara Hitagi

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Hitagi related.If you have any thoughts regarding this spunky woman and wish to let others know, feel free to voice them here.
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Bakemonogatari fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specific episode / chapter / game talk, there are other threads for that stuff.

Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whining and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favorite.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter is always welcome, but harassing people won't be tolerated.

• Discuss, not Chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel (#animeuki) on ZiRC.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

• Use spoiler tags!Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

White Manju Bun 2009-08-12 10:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyfall (Post 2576312)
If you have any thoughts regarding the spunky wolf goddess and wish to let others know, feel free to voice them here.

:heh: Took this from the Horo template I see.

Edit: same thing was in Araragi's but I deleted that one :D

Skyfall 2009-08-12 10:20

Darn, i should get around to using the default template system instead of copy/pasting and editing the first one at hand. Oh well... :heh:

Bonta Kun 2009-08-12 16:57

Possibly one of the most fascinating females of late?

Hell knows I find her so, she may be crazy n all but that just adds to the charm:D

In terms of how much I like her, she's right up there with Tsukiumi-swan and she tops my list of fav characters!

Azuma Denton 2009-08-12 21:18

Other people (and herself) always call her tsundere...
But she is not a tsundere...

Maybe a mixing of kuudere and yandere...
Anyway her character is unique... I've never seen any other character resembling her in other anime or game...

kalbron 2009-08-13 00:22

Definitely a yandere. Though the yan is decreasing slowly, she's still freaking insane even if she does love him.

dave1992 2009-08-13 01:50

Mostly kuudere, maybe a bit tsundere, but she's just a freak.

Definitely not a yandere, because a yandere is usually calm and silent, and also cheerful. After that, killing someone/do something amazing.

Hitagi seems only looks cruel, but she never did anything bad except the staples thingie. If she's a yandere she already cut Araragi's mouth and click her pencil on Araragi's eye. More like Louise Vallierre, cruel and dangerous, but only on outside.

calorie 2009-08-13 02:05

Apart from her unique personality, what I possibly like the most about her is her body language - the way she tilts her head when she talks or the calm, yet alluring demeanor.

Though this is partially enhanced by good directing/animation, it nonetheless fits Hitagi very well and certainly makes her more memorable.

pseudonhym 2009-08-13 04:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsla (Post 2578457)
Apart from her unique personality, what I possibly like the most about her is her body language - the way she tilts her head when she talks or the calm, yet alluring demeanor.

Though this is partially enhanced by good directing/animation, it nonetheless fits Hitagi very well and certainly makes her more memorable.

I totally agree with you.
She's a very unique character
I don't think anyone will hate her

Quote:

Other people (and herself) always call her tsundere...
But she is not a tsundere...
I think she can be classified as a tsundere.
She has a tough and stubborn side but surprisingly has a soft and sweet side as well. This was portrayed in episode 2 of the series when she said that she gained a precious friend, even though she refused araragi when he first offered help.

Clarste 2009-08-13 05:30

All this classification talk sort of bugs me. She's herself, isn't that enough? If she's half-kuu, half-tsun and three quarters yan by marriage, is it even meaningful anymore?

Mentar 2009-08-13 06:29

I think it is. It shows that she is fairly unique in that she is NOT easily classified, in that she's defying most common types. At least I'm still trying to figure out why exactly I find her so fascinating ;)

DjJuvan 2009-08-13 06:29

Maybe this is the new path the industry will take... new style of heroins, something refreshing. I like Hitagi too, she's interesting to listen and the way she acts is uniq too.

zato_1one 2009-08-13 07:53

Hitagi is like a breath of fresh air. She is definitely my all time favorite female character. She is very unique. The fact is that we can't really classify her in one category is proof enough. We've seen so many many female characters who try to flirt male protagonist with their body. Hitagi is also a flirt one but her ways of doing it is top class. She is pervert. :heh: Her straightforward personality really caught me off guard. Her confession may not touching in term of drama but it's definitely one of the most memorable and impressive confession ever!

I also like her serious attitude very much. Like when she insists Araragi to give her a clear answer. Yes, she's definitely doing it right. For a long time that such character can finally do it right! Don't make their relationship unclear and open a chance for her lover to end up with another girl with a ridiculous excuse like "unclear relationship" Thumb up to Senjougahara! It's very hard not to like her. IMO :eyespin:

Azuma Denton 2009-08-13 09:50

Hmm, my friend just ask me...

Why does people call Hitagi a tsundere??

Zetsubo 2009-08-13 09:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azuma Denton (Post 2579099)
Hmm, my friend just ask me...

Why does people call Hitagi a tsundere??

She can't express her emotions properly or at all.

zato_1one 2009-08-13 10:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zetsubo (Post 2579107)
She can't express her emotions properly or at all.

I think that makes her more like a kuudere.

Zetsubo 2009-08-13 11:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by zato_1one (Post 2579125)
I think that makes her more like a kuudere.

Yuki Nagato is a cool dere

Hitagi Senjougahara is not.

Darknemo2000 2009-08-13 11:09

But she can be really mean too which is more tsundere trait than kuudere. As said she is a mix of all. People call her tsundere because her mean-threatening personality is most easy to identify and they are tsndere-ish traits thus she is a 'tsundere-chan'.

And yes Yuki, is a true cooldere, Hitagi' personality is quite different from that.

Zetsubo 2009-08-13 11:10

I think calling her Gaharadere is enough.

Darknemo2000 2009-08-13 11:18

Personally I call her tsundere just very a-typical one - like Horo, Sheryl or Madoka - though in fact they are just have a very wide personalities, i just use this word to avoid too long descriptions.