AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   General Anime (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Your favorite "Best Friend" character? (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=117390)

takai 2013-01-17 14:28

Your favorite "Best Friend" character?

It's a simple question. You know, the guy/girl that hangs around with the main character frequently usually providing either comic relief or words of wisdom.

I'd have to go with Orito from Kore wa Zombie Desu Ka? This guy is the man and a master in the art of pervertedness, and just a straight up boss.
http://cdn.myanimelist.net/images/ch.../15/108892.jpg

Kyuu 2013-01-17 14:51

This guy:
http://myanimelist.net/character/24503/Hideki_Hinata

Y'need someone to watch your back? You won't even need to ask.

RWBladewing 2013-01-17 15:15

Any member of the Suginami line from the Da Capo series. An intelligent guy who always has some sort of interesting crazy plan going on and always has my back when I inevitably get the bad ending on a first run through the games. And he doesn't constantly whine/threaten to kill the main character for getting a girl like so many characters in this role do.

SilverSyko 2013-01-17 16:08

While I really don't like it as much as I originally did anymore, Yuuji from Baka and Test: Summon the Beasts is my favorite character in the show. Love his "bros before hoes" mindset, how he's not an idiot despite being in the lowest class and how he just keeps trolling everyone that isn't Shouko.

Not to mention it's pretty rare to see a best friend character who actually has a girl after him. Most of the time these guys are nothing but annoying jealous whiners that I want to slug in the face if I could.

takai 2013-01-17 17:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverSyko (Post 4516496)
While I really don't like it as much as I originally did anymore, Yuuji from Baka and Test: Summon the Beasts is my favorite character in the show. Love his "bros before hoes" mindset, how he's not an idiot despite being in the lowest class and how he just keeps trolling everyone that isn't Shouko.

Not to mention it's pretty rare to see a best friend character who actually has a girl after him. Most of the time these guys are nothing but annoying jealous whiners that I want to slug in the face if I could.

Yes yes yes. Definitely. Yuuji is such a well developed, well rounded character too. Plu I personally think he's hilarious and awesome. From his inspirational speeches, to his one on one talks with Akihisa, he's a quality best friend character. I also like how realistc he is too, he tortures the hell out of Akihisa sometimes, just like real guy friends do

NK_500 2013-01-17 17:44

Akira from Special A. How many other shoujo shows had cool 'girl-friend' type characters like her?

Triple_R 2013-01-17 17:52

Miyokichi Nobuse of True Tears.

Spoiler for Reason Why, Many spoilers:

Akito Kinomoto 2013-01-17 19:09

Yohei Sunohara from Clannad. The butt-monkey of Kyou and Tomoyo's wrath while still being perceptive and caring when he needs to be. He's the only one who seems to bring out a natural side of Tomoya that wasn't ached by love or bounded by family responsibility. He was there long before Nagisa, giving new meaning to the phrase bros before hos (not that I think Nagisa is a ho but you get the point).

Zellami 2013-01-17 19:32

I sort of enjoy more the Best of friendS type. As those guys in Moonlight Mile and Battle Fairy Yukikaze. The "In for a penny, in for a pound" kind of thing. Gintoki and Katsura from Gintama might be pretty close to this, too.

Last Sinner 2013-01-17 21:09

Lafiel and Jinto from Crest of the Stars/Banner of the Stars. Those two get flung together into a nightmare of a situation yet they guide each other all the way with maturity, elegance, wit and humour. They don't make them like those two anymore.

Dr. Casey 2013-01-17 21:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Last Sinner (Post 4516832)
Lafiel and Jinto from Crest of the Stars/Banner of the Stars. Those two get flung together into a nightmare of a situation yet they guide each other all the way with maturity, elegance, wit and humour.

They go all the way with each other? Sounds like they're more than just friends, ohoho

Dawnstorm 2013-01-17 21:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Triple_R (Post 4516617)

Him.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akito Kinomoto (Post 4516702)
Yohei Sunohara from Clannad.

And him, too.

Also:

Fukube Satoshi, from Hyouka, who even overshadowed the main character, Oreki Houtarou, IMO.

ChainLegacy 2013-01-17 22:07

Hmm, Killua from Hunter X Hunter comes to mind, as it is a currently airing series. He and the protagonist, Gon, have one of my favorite friendships in anime. He's also your typical super-cool assassin, 'dark' type from shounen series. If I had to choose, I guess I'd say I like Gon more, but they're both really great and enjoyable characters. Killua's usually the more perceptive and knowledgeable of the two and tends to have flashier powers. Their bond is also a very important element in making Hunter x Hunter an unusually deep series for an action-oriented shounen series set in a fantastical world. He is very grateful to Gon as he is the first real friend he ever made and

Spoiler for hunter x hunter:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Casey (Post 4516845)
They go all the way with each other? Sounds like they're more than just friends, ohoho

Well, it's been several years since I saw any of the Crest series, so I can't quite remember all the details (great show from what I do remember, though) but:

Spoiler for Crest of the Stars:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Triple_R (Post 4516617)

Spoiler for Reason Why, Many spoilers:

Don't even remember that he existed. Actually, most of that series just kind of flew out of my memory. I suppose it has been four- five years, but I guess it wasn't particularly endearing to me.

Chiibi 2013-01-17 22:27

Quote:

I'd have to go with Orito from Kore wa Zombie Desu Ka? This guy is the man and a master in the art of pervertedness, and just a straight up boss.
Personally, I find the perverted/jealous best friend-stereotype in harem series like Orito incredibly annoying and overdone. They all act and sound the same: freaking obnoxious. :rolleyes:

Thus, my pick is Hinata from Angel Beats. I loved his friendship with Otonashi...even though it was short-lived...I thought he acted a lot more like a best friend should act and the moments they shared were heartfelt and genuine.
Bromance at its best!!

takai 2013-01-17 22:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiibi (Post 4516917)
Personally, I find the perverted/jealous best friend-stereotype in harem series like Orito incredibly annoying and overdone. They all act and sound the same: freaking obnoxious. :rolleyes:

Meh. I think Orito is an amazingly awesome character, that's a true bro at heart. And wants nothing but happiness with women for both him and his best friend. The guy is plain hysterical too. Makes me laugh everytime I see him.

Chiibi 2013-01-18 00:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by takai (Post 4516949)
Meh. I think Orito is an amazingly awesome character, that's a true bro at heart. And wants nothing but happiness with women for both him and his best friend. The guy is plain hysterical too. Makes me laugh everytime I see him.

I don't hate him or anything....but this type of character is literally in every single harem anime I can think of....that's all. >_>

NoemiChan 2013-01-18 00:54

Sunohara of Clannad..... so I could date his sister Mei...

bhl88 2013-01-18 00:55

Iskandar/Nanoha/Rikka.
Fate/Zero/titular character/Chuunibyou

NoemiChan 2013-01-18 00:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiibi (Post 4517092)
I don't hate him or anything....but this type of character is literally in every single harem anime I can think of....that's all. >_>

Question: Is he even close with the MC?

Eragon 2013-01-18 01:11

You people are all dense. The best "Best Friend" you could ask for is DORAEMON XD Who else do you even want :heh:?

Jokes aside then.........................Gilgamesh(yeah I know he doesn't fit all the requirements but still) - yes definitely him. Way too interesting to not have around. Though that means I need to be like Kirei, which could be a problem.......for the rest of humanity :D

Another would be..................can't think of any right now, maybe later.