AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

skyboy928 2011-07-06 20:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou (Post 3681552)
If they're not discount, how much did the total come to? MGs aren't cheap... :heh:

it cost me $456 including s/h.

Kuroi Hadou 2011-07-06 20:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyboy928 (Post 3681613)
it cost me $456 including s/h.

And I thought I was dedicated. :eyespin:

skyboy928 2011-07-06 21:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou (Post 3681618)
And I thought I was dedicated. :eyespin:

i'm already running out of room :(

Tetra Vaal 2011-07-07 00:24

I will be purchasing this.

DV04 2011-07-07 01:56

Me too. How much is it (in USD)?

Appel 2011-07-07 03:21

yeah, that marida figure is pretty damn awesome^^ she is an awesome character in general, id love to have that one as well but i think ill pass :P

i picked up my gatlings for the unicorn from the post office today^^ im glad that i got some paint for them because the quality of the plastic really isnt great, it looks cheap :P
but i cant wait to see them on my unicorn!

skyboy928 2011-07-07 05:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3682007)
i picked up my gatlings for the unicorn from the post office today^^ im glad that i got some paint for them because the quality of the plastic really isnt great, it looks cheap :P
but i cant wait to see them on my unicorn!

and i can't wait to see the picture of that :heh:0

anyway, this weekend i will try to get some spray paint and paint the deathscythe hell like your. hopefully it come out ok, lol
by the way, did you spray it before you cut out the pieces?:confused:

Appel 2011-07-07 09:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyboy928 (Post 3682073)
and i can't wait to see the picture of that :heh:0

anyway, this weekend i will try to get some spray paint and paint the deathscythe hell like your. hopefully it come out ok, lol
by the way, did you spray it before you cut out the pieces?:confused:

awesome^^ im sure it will turn out well! there are some tutorials on the internet on how to do it right, too.
and no, i didnt cut them before paiting the pieces. i just painted the marks with a marker after cutting them.

i will upload pictures later^^

skyboy928 2011-07-07 14:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3682278)
awesome^^ im sure it will turn out well! there are some tutorials on the internet on how to do it right, too.
and no, i didnt cut them before paiting the pieces. i just painted the marks with a marker after cutting them.

i will upload pictures later^^

so usually how long will it take to fully dry?? as i said before i'm pretty impatience :heh:
i might need to paint one but work on the next one just so i don't keep on wonder if it's dry enough to touch yet, lol

Tak 2011-07-07 14:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3682007)
yeah, that marida figure is pretty damn awesome^^ she is an awesome character in general, id love to have that one as well but i think ill pass :P

Personally, I find Marida sexy, though I am not too sure if thats even the right reaction to have...

- Tak

Appel 2011-07-07 16:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyboy928 (Post 3682575)
so usually how long will it take to fully dry?? as i said before i'm pretty impatience :heh:
i might need to paint one but work on the next one just so i don't keep on wonder if it's dry enough to touch yet, lol

tamiya black dries pretty quickly. depending on the weather conditions you could probably apply the top coat after about 30 minutes. the top coat will probably need a couple of hours to dry so that you can work with it but that depends on what kind of top coat you use^^ i had many different brands so far, one took 2 days to dry and another one took just about 2 hours :P

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tak (Post 3682586)
Personally, I find Marida sexy, though I am not too sure if thats even the right reaction to have...

- Tak

yeah, she is pretty hot indeed^^
although finding an anime character attractive is always a little problematic... knowing the japanese she might as well be 14 but look like 18 XD (but its good to know that she actually is 18, so we dont have to feel like pervs :P)

Kuroi Hadou 2011-07-07 18:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3682730)
although finding an anime character attractive is always a little problematic... knowing the japanese she might as well be 14 but look like 18 XD (but its good to know that she actually is 18, so we dont have to feel like pervs :P)

The problem with females in anime is the ten-year-olds look twenty and the twenty-year-olds looks ten... :uhoh::eyespin:

skyboy928 2011-07-07 18:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3682730)
tamiya black dries pretty quickly. depending on the weather conditions you could probably apply the top coat after about 30 minutes. the top coat will probably need a couple of hours to dry so that you can work with it but that depends on what kind of top coat you use^^ i had many different brands so far, one took 2 days to dry and another one took just about 2 hours :P

so which brand of top coat is 2 hours to dry? i think i will go for that one

Araxiel 2011-07-07 19:38

I honestly thought Marida was older than 18, but Gundam characters in particular have a history of being younger than I'd have pegged them as. :p
At any rate, what's the price tag looking like on her? Ballpark estimate?

DV04 2011-07-08 01:38

I visited Gundam Guy's blog and it was stated as 7140 in YEN. I converted it to about $88.22 in USD. And yes, I find her to be attractive as well. Probably one the few in the UC universe in my eyes, lol.

Appel 2011-07-08 02:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyboy928 (Post 3682839)
so which brand of top coat is 2 hours to dry? i think i will go for that one

i honestly have no idea what the brand is called XD i just picked it up at my local hobby store.
you should do the same. it usually says on the can how long it takes to dry. and hobby related top coat usually doesnt take as long to dry, anyway.

JC... 2011-07-08 03:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Araxiel (Post 3682906)
I honestly thought Marida was older than 18, but Gundam characters in particular have a history of being younger than I'd have pegged them as. :p

Did you see ZZ Gundam?

Exia_00 2011-07-08 06:44

does anyone have links to a Wing Zero Custom MG review or a Wing EW ver./Ver. K.a? Thinking of having something to go with my Epyon MG and didn't know which wing would be better considering W.Z. Custom is featured on the box which goes better considering W.Z. Custom is an old kit.

Kuroi Hadou 2011-07-08 08:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exia_00 (Post 3683408)
does anyone have links to a Wing Zero Custom MG review or a Wing EW ver./Ver. K.a? Thinking of having something to go with my Epyon MG and didn't know which wing would be better considering W.Z. Custom is featured on the box which goes better considering W.Z. Custom is an old kit.

I can give you a basic run down: The WZ Custom has a ton of problems with the wings; mine has loose joints, the "feathers" have a tendency to fall out, and the kit is incredibly top-heavy so it's always falling over if you don't have a base. On top of that, the buster rifles don't really fit into the hands to well because the hands aren't strong enough to counterbalance the weight.

I recommend the regular Wing Custom.

Sworra 2011-07-08 08:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyboy928 (Post 3682575)

Paint may dry on the surface pretty quick but the inner layer sometimes isn't dry.. i recommend letting it cure for a day just to be on the safe side.. Believe me rushing will only cause more problems.. and bite you back in the ass.. Top coat can react differently to so include that with things that can go wrong. :)

Cheers and have fun with painting. :)