AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L) Sunabozu (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=21141)

clem-kun 2004-09-26 11:10

Sunabozu

Only a promo has been released, but I seem to like what I see. There's action, drama, shonen, and I think I even sense ecchi. :naughty:

Did anyone else think the little girl looked like the little girl (Komachi) from Samurai 7?

FlyByNite 2004-09-26 11:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by clem-kun
Only a promo has been released, but I seem to like what I see. There's action, drama, shonen, and I think I even sense ecchi. :naughty:

Did anyone else think the little girl looked like the little girl (Komachi) from Samurai 7?

She has the same VA (Chiwa Saito) as the little girl from Samurai 7 too :)

Altho the character designer for the series is different, the character designer for Sunabozu did the designs for Trigun and I thought the look of the show was kinda Trigun or Battle Angel Alita-esque.

a_nevels666 2004-09-26 17:37

Quote:

I liked what I saw as well. It really looked like a good mix of those elements. Time will tell I guess.

clem-kun 2004-09-26 21:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyByNite
She has the same VA (Chiwa Saito) as the little girl from Samurai 7 too :)

*after checking it up on ANN*

Wow... you're right. That's really uncanny O_o

Lindus 2004-09-29 13:40

Sunabozu Promo

Quote:

:help: One thing first, I don't seem to get any soundtrack with the Baka-Fansubs promo. None of my viewers worked (VLC, MediaPlayer 9 & Classic, DivX player, QuickTime). Does anyone know which audio codec is required?

Ecchi? Most probably after seeing that initial shot zooming over the sleeping(?) purple haired girl's assets :uhoh: But it is a Gonzo production so it'll probably be just pg-13 with some "titillating" (pun intended) scenes in the background.

Otherwise what I have seen so far remids me a bit of Trigun and Full metal panic which to me is a good thing.

The little girl reminded me of Henrietta from Gun Slinger Girls. It is so annoying when one sees a "familiar" face and then cannot find who the designer is or if they did another series I saw before. I guess it is becoming more and more necessary to learn to at least read Japanese.

With hopes to see this soon,
/Lindus

deathsvengeance 2004-09-29 14:51

I am looking forward to seeing what this anime is all about as well, its piqued my curiousity.

Boxy 2004-09-30 00:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by deathsvengeance
I am looking forward to seeing what this anime is all about as well, its piqued my curiousity.

Seconded. Also where do i know that song that was in the promo from? Its taken from somewhere or is a REALLY close variant, Full Metal Panic seems to stick in my mind but i could be from somewhere else. Any idea's?

Dagger 2004-09-30 08:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boxy
Seconded. Also where do i know that song that was in the promo from? Its taken from somewhere or is a REALLY close variant, Full Metal Panic seems to stick in my mind but i could be from somewhere else. Any idea's?

That was the exact same music used in ADV's Full Metal Panic promo, so yeah... they lifted it directly from FMP.

Dragosmore 2004-09-30 11:47

Random comment since I've begun reading the manga (in Japanese) for this series, is that the title is Sunabo*u*zu. Not Sunabozu, there is a difference~

LordBrian 2004-09-30 14:16

It's also not Sunabozo, as some people would have you believe. Though that version is fairly amusing.

clem-kun 2004-09-30 17:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordBrian
It's also not Sunabozo, as some people would have you believe. Though that version is fairly amusing.

Gomen, gomen. That was my fault. I didn't QC it well, and when I realized it, it was already released. And I didn't want to make a v2 for a promo... :heh:

Albert 2004-10-09 15:16

Raw Sunabozu 1!

http://www.saiyaman.info/bt/

TaMz 2004-10-09 17:07

Quote:

:help: One thing first, I don't seem to get any soundtrack with the Baka-Fansubs promo. None of my viewers worked (VLC, MediaPlayer 9 & Classic, DivX player, QuickTime). Does anyone know which audio codec is required?
umm...?
XviD...
Audio compressor: Unknown (tag 2000)...
tho it works fine for me (VLC and MPC)...

I'm desparately translating the first ep with my n00b skillz...
so it might still take some time (maybe on next tuesday or wednesday? (or never))...
seemsto follow the manga quite perfectly, tho they jump at least one chapter (ep 2 seems to be chapter 3 of the manga)...

ecchi? no, nothing more than the big breasted girl that seems to follow the main Sunabouzu (read: Sunaboozu) around...

Timeless Enigma 2004-10-09 17:42

My preconceived notions of this anime was that it was going to a serious tale.

Thank god I was wrong. It was pretty funny, and it's shaping up to be something special. It actually did remind me of Trigun too.

Rikichi 2004-10-11 20:25

Episode 1 for Lunar

A Lamer 2004-10-11 23:26

This looks like it will be a delightful anime to follow. The absurdity of the ecchi parts makes it all the more enjoyable, in my opinion. If you arent into fanservice however, this most definitely is not the anime for you.

Hooray for boin-chan.

Y fa fret 2004-10-12 02:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rikichi
Episode 1 for Lunar

Very entertaining show. Funny as heck too.

But can anyone tell me what the hell "Yo mama has an outie" means???

Fab 2004-10-12 02:39

I think it has to do with your bellybutton

rainking187 2004-10-12 03:50

Awesome, awesome show. Can't wait for more.

Melty Snow 2004-10-12 05:51

Wow that was so cool ^^. The live action opening really threw me off. I like how Lunar subbed it, it fit the Anime well. SunaBouzu is such an awesome guy, not annoying at all. I'm glad they didn't make him overreactive about his height like Ed in FMA.