AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   AnoHana (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   AnoHana - Episode 11 (END) Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=105079)

Pocari_Sweat 2011-06-23 21:00

Spoiler for Ep11:

On the whole, a nice way to conclude the series. Not the best it could be but it was still quite good. However, I wasn't close to crying, because the first half's waterworks desensisted me by the end of the series. I think Okada misallocated the naming of this series and should have titled this "True Tears" instead, given the level of crying :heh:

Solid 9/10 for the episode.

Will do a end of series review later when a review thread is up.

Midnight Bliss 2011-06-23 21:25

^
Yeah, the overdramatic crying at the beginning got a bit awkward for me. I was raging at first because of Anaru, but then when Tsuruko came and she had her monologue, oh god. ;__;
And uh, is it implied that she reincarnated into those flowers next to the tree? Seems like it.

Proto 2011-06-23 21:35

Hmm... this episode is best watched back to back with 10 I think. You have to be in a certain state of mind to fully appreciate it.

Personally I found myself crying throughtout the episode, but then again I'm a crybaby. Not bad at all though, only a little over the top at times.

But then again human emotions tend to be like that. There's no cap that should tell us what is within the margin of what is acceptable.

tongonwilson 2011-06-23 21:42

One of the best anime out there. I Cried so hard during the last 5 mins T_T

khryoleoz 2011-06-23 21:45

Ugh! That was simply the worst episode ever. Why would I wanna say goodbye to this awesome cast! Makes me wanna go to heaven myself. Gonna dose up on Prozac now. Second only to Menma herself, seems like Popo has had the most traumatic experience with her death since he had seen it. While it came outta nowhere as seemingly to be ass pull, I still liked that he wasn't simply the dumb guy of the group. His passion wins, though I would've preferred to have caught some indication of his own state earlier throughout the series.

Starry Dust 2011-06-23 21:53

Sometimes less is more.
But this episode kinda overdid the drama and tears (and the yelling) :uhoh:
I couldn't help but laugh at some parts.

Eh, I'll give it a 7/10.
Ending was predictable but good.

KyriaL 2011-06-23 22:15

The gem of the season, slightly overdramatic but this is the only anime to make me shed manly tears after the almighty Clannad after story. This series will forever be etched into my memories.

ZODDGUTS 2011-06-23 22:26

Average end for a decent series.

hero147 2011-06-23 22:31

I was rather turned off by the incessant crying as well. To be honest, the only aspect of the show that I found emotionally touching were the scenes that developed the relationship between Menma and Jintan. But yeah, I found the notes that Menma left very touching, especially when I read Jintan's.

xl_Legit_lx 2011-06-23 22:33

My first slice of life that I kept up with. Flawless.

Triple_R 2011-06-23 22:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by DemiSoda (Post 3664578)
Spoiler for Ep11:

On the whole, a nice way to conclude the series. Not the best it could be but it was still quite good. However, I wasn't close to crying, because the first half's waterworks desensisted me by the end of the series. I think Okada misallocated the naming of this series and should have titled this "True Tears" instead, given the level of crying :heh:

Ha ha ha ha!!! :heh:

It's too bad that Okada already used that title, once upon a time, eh? ;)

If this anime was titled "True Tears", I think I'd give it praise for being an anime that so astoundingly lives up to its name, lol.

As is, however, these are my final thoughts:

Spoiler for Episode 11 thoughts:

deadite 2011-06-23 22:42

Poppo's reveal got me the most

Reckoner 2011-06-23 22:49

It was a very good ending. Very solid, fulfilled my expectations, but didn't exceed them. 9/10

There are a lot of things to say overall, but I enjoyed this entire anime and I couldn't ask for more.

serenade_beta 2011-06-23 22:50

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Well, I might as well go remove any Noitamina show from my watch list for the next season.

Two shows! Both started out great! How could they mess up both! And in a single day! It's too much to bare! *slumps in chair*
Ohh...

If they ended the series with the fireworks, it would have been so much better. I thought they had another episode, but it was only 11! Of course there isn't enough time to close the series...
To be honest, I did like Poppo's part. That was good.
Unfortunately, everything else, was to be blunt, a big laugh. I know what they were trying to do, I know they were aiming for drama and emotions, and I could see it right there, but it didn't reach me... I guess. That goes for the dramatic crying, the group fighting, and the rather creepy hide-and-seek screaming.

Shame, really...

I tried to bare with it, since the episodes were getting weaker and weaker, but the end turned out to be this...

HayashiTakara 2011-06-23 23:25

FREAKING AMAZING! I shed the manliest tears ever!

I'm at a total lost for words, it was the perfect ending.

Anjou x Jinta

Tsuruko x Yukiatsu

And uh... Poppo :heh:

khryoleoz 2011-06-23 23:28

ROFL! What the heck are manly tears?

HayashiTakara 2011-06-23 23:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by khryoleoz (Post 3664753)
ROFL! What the heck are manly tears?

Manly tears are tears that only manly men shed! :heh:

fertygo 2011-06-23 23:37

Momma, there goes my masculinity.

ahelo 2011-06-23 23:49

Episode 11
Unlimited tears indeed.

Manji Midou 2011-06-23 23:57

good ending...though l didn't like how Yukiatsu who had nothing but resentment,hatred,jealousy all of the sudden became best buddies with gintan....
BLEGHH.......