AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Boku wa Tomodachi... (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT - Episode 7 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=117996)

monir 2013-02-21 00:05

Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT - Episode 7 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT, Episode 7.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

DorkingtonPugsly 2013-02-21 16:58

Really fun episode, I felt like it had a more calming and relaxed feel compared to the past episodes which was nice. Some introspective points were made too. Rika should wear more causal clothes like that more often, probably my favorite out of all the different looks she's had this season.
And I got tons of Kobato and Kate this time! I couldn't be happier right now!

Newprimus 2013-02-21 18:23

It's like they took the animation budget out of last ep and gave it to this one.

That aside, best episode of series so far.

Again.

thundrakkon 2013-02-21 19:25

Wow, that was fantastically fun. They kind of hit all the characters this episode. Kobato outwardly does not like Sena's antics, but she always ends up appreciating everything that Sena does for her.

The story has gone full on shipping for Sena it seems so far this season. The shopping scene was a date of sorts, and Sena actually confessed in an indirect way.

Now, the ending sequence was a little cryptic. Kodaka was about to soon understand what Kate meant when she said he already "got Sena". That's such a huge hint with what is about to come next. Let's see if they are going to throw any twists in any of this anytime soon.

Mizuno 2013-02-21 19:31

I don't mind if they are making Sena "the" one, she's actually the most normal out of the bunch if you put her superiority complex and galge obsession aside. :D

Rising Dragon 2013-02-21 19:39

... normal?

I like Sena too, but if you had to analyze everyone, Maria's the most normal one (being a 10-year-old brat), and even then she doesn't really fit as "normal" given her prodigy nature.

Sumeragi 2013-02-21 19:39

=_=

Only Kodaka is "normal".

Rising Dragon 2013-02-21 19:40

I'm not sure Kodaka's luck constitutes as normal. ._.

Newprimus 2013-02-21 19:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rising Dragon (Post 4563659)
I'm not sure Kodaka's luck constitutes as normal. ._.

You mean his bad luck, or his GOOD luck?

It's not out of the ordinary to find people as socially awkward as he is, with his qualities.

His good luck though...... definitely not normal.

Pen3 2013-02-21 20:32

Maria should be in every episode! I am surprised that Kate knows Pegasus and even goes on salmon fishing trips with him.... I hope there is an eipsode when they go fishing/camping together with Pegasus, Kate, Sena, Stella, Maria and Kobato.

Anyone else notice Kobato is starting to say "poop" more often too?

frivolity 2013-02-21 20:53

I must say, Stella has very good taste in clothes...

SilverSyko 2013-02-21 22:35

Not a whole lot to say about this episode really. There's a whole bunch of unsubtle shipping teases that I think doesn't need to be there, but I'm just repeating myself with that.

I guess I will compliment Kobato on being a meat-lover though. Screw vegetables. :D

And Sena made a good comment about her thoughts on Kodaka and Yozora. Not dwelling on the past and just dealing with the present, that's absolutely true and I agree completely.~

Otherwise yeah, nothing really standing out that I wish to comment on this week.

But I must have a very narrow view of what "cute" is because Yozora didn't look particularly "cute" to me in those clothes, it was more like a very feminine "cool" look.

ars89 2013-02-21 22:48

Yozara went from looking good to looking horrible so fast. Yukimura did the opposite, she needs to dress more like a girl. Interesting that Kate knows the chairman and even fishes with him. It was cute that Maria got Kobato a matching key necklace.

l.kostas 2013-02-21 23:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shinova (Post 4563688)
You mean his bad luck, or his GOOD luck?

It's not out of the ordinary to find people as socially awkward as he is, with his qualities.

His good luck though...... definitely not normal.

There is even a chapter at volume 8 about his luck, "Reflection: Prayers and Shouts"

They are already preparing the release of the Blu-rays. The first Blu-ray gets released the same day the last episode will be aired and the second on April.

Chaos2Frozen 2013-02-21 23:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizuno (Post 4563649)
I don't mind if they are making Sena "the" one, she's actually the most normal out of the bunch if you put her superiority complex and galge obsession aside. :D

You realized that's the same as saying if you put aside Rika's perversion, Yozora's sadism, Yukimura's old fashion mindset, Kobato's chuunibyou, Maria's foul mouth, then they'll all be normal :p

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anyway as for the episode itself it turns out to be pretty straightforward day for everyone, and I notice a lot of subtle hints/foreshadowing of things to come- I don't mean the last part of Kodaka's monologue.

The preview for next week looks like that certain **** would be hitting the fan here again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverSyko (Post 4563930)
But I must have a very narrow view of what "cute" is because Yozora didn't look particularly "cute" to me in those clothes, it was more like a very feminine "cool" look.

I've already peg you as the type to like boy....ish girls.

A most unusual fetish I might say, but hey- less competition.

SilverSyko 2013-02-22 00:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen (Post 4564029)
I've already peg you as the type to like boy....ish girls.

A most unusual fetish I might say, but hey- less competition.

Not really. Two of my favorite animated females are Cynthia from Pokemon and Presea from Tales of Symphonia, and neither of them are very boyish-looking. I'm more into combat strong females who tend to be more logical than emotional. A cooler fashion sense or rough-around-the-edges appearance is a bonus, and since there's no character in this show who fulfills the first two criteria very well, I need to fall back on that.

You're lucky I don't believe in this "waifu" stuff, otherwise I'd probably be trying to claim Yozora since she's the closest one here to my preferences. :heh:

monir 2013-02-22 00:29

Was anyone else shedding some plasma through the nose due to that manly rendition of Yozora projected by those hot-pants? Case in point:

http://s17.postimage.org/bxp12g9sb/M...ai_NEXT_07.jpg

Oh dear! Not agaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin! UNIVERSE!

Endless Soul 2013-02-22 01:16

I got my weekly fill of Kobato x Maria. I wonder if they'll get together as they get older, especially now that they have matching necklaces.

I also got a laugh as Kobato's Sena-radar went off.

Endless "Think of me when you eat it" Soul

DragoonKain3 2013-02-22 03:58

Wait a minute.... "My Childhood Friends fight too much" as the next episode title? I knew it, Sena must be a forgotten childhood friend as well! It's gotta be her, as the only 2 pairs that fight very often in the show are Sena+Yozora and Kobato+Maria. And considering Kobato is his blood-related sister, and Yozora is already established as the childhood friend, thus it's gotta be Sena who is the other person the title is talking about.

To be honest, I've always thought it was Sena who was the childhood friend in the first place, considering it makes sense as their fathers are best buddies with each other. It would be weird if they're that close and they didn't have their children meet eah other some time before.

Now the question is, how did Sena and Kodaka meet up? Did they forget because they were too young, or maybe, just maybe, there was an incident that caused them to lose their memory? Ooh, I so want it to be the latter, so that we'd have another mystery event that would be a hook for the plot, just like last season. But I guess we can only wait and see.

But now... shipping just became infinitely harder for me. :( At the end of last season it was so easy as Yozora was the only one confirmed to be childhood friend, but now I can't decide between her or Sena. Though if Yozora keeps up the tracksuit style (or that swimsuit style she had last season), I would choose Sena instead, because man, they look absolutely dreadful on her. :heh:

As for Kobato+Maria... weird that the preview mentions that in 5 years they'd be childhood friends. I mean, for example, Ichika+Rin from Infinite Stratos met during last year of elementary school and reunited first year of high school, thus only 3 years elapsed and they're still childhood friends.

Meh, I guess I'll just chalk this up to Kate being misinformed, or something.

Peanutbutter 2013-02-22 03:59

What was Yozora's gift to Kobato? :confused: