AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Providenceangle 2014-02-11 09:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 5008085)
I don't like the normal sniper's colors as much though lol (I love military green colors to death)

And the K9 got freaking dual pistols, which Im a HUGE sucker for, and it got 2 sniper rifles

As for kit bashing....the problem is I dont have green to paint the backpack of the normal II if the K9 does not come with it ._.

I wonder what other packs the GM Sniper back can take, perhaps I may have other options out there

You can't afford paint? I'll give you a good tip. Buy cheap craft acrylic paint(s). Black would be a good colour to go with that kit, or you can buy the paints to make the colour. Practice mixing and paint something and let it dry. Buy a cheap brush. Water down the paint till it's a little thicker then milk, brush some onto a piece you don't care about( the k9 unit! :D ), test to make sure the paint levels and doesn't have brush strokes. It will take a few coats, due to the paint being thin. Flat coat to protect and you're done.

For those who can't airbrush or spray can, this is a good method that works. Hand brushing just takes longer, but with patience you can get similar results to airbrushing.

ZeroXSEED 2014-02-11 09:16

Just to make sure, PMC Astray came with two head right? (Gundam head and Visor head)

I was thinking of buying DSSD version but there's too many red suit in my collection already.

firefox 2014-02-11 09:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED (Post 5008420)
Just to make sure, PMC Astray came with two head right? (Gundam head and Visor head)

I was thinking of buying DSSD version but there's too many red suit in my collection already.

Must be the only 1/144 Hg seed kit i did not build.

You can check parts for a kit on dalong or 1999.co/jp/eng

Providenceangle 2014-02-11 09:46

The colours for the sniper k9 aren't that appealing....

http://gundamguy.blogspot.ca/2014/02...er-manual.html

Why doesn't it look like the box art?

ZeroXSEED 2014-02-11 10:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Providenceangle (Post 5008441)

Oh God

It's SEED all over again :(

Wasn't Delta Plus also just as bad in terms of accuracy? I remember Aurelis said something about it.

Znozzy 2014-02-11 10:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED (Post 5008458)
Oh God

Wasn't Delta Plus also just as bad in terms of accuracy? I remember Aurelis said something about it.

Dunno about the Delta, but the Rozen Zulu is horrendous out of the box compared to it's boxart/anime counterpart.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2014-02-11 10:49

Quote:

I don’t think the color is bad. The boxart simply has the shadowing effect that makes the color looks cooler than it really is. Well, if anything, at least this is not a coloring-disaster like the Rozen Zulu.

Quote:

I remember someone argued that the HG Delta Plus is leaning more towards the novel version while the MG represents the OVA version. I don't remember where though.

Providenceangle 2014-02-11 13:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 5008518)
I don’t think the color is bad. The boxart simply has the shadowing effect that makes the color looks cooler than it really is. Well, if anything, at least this is not a coloring-disaster like the Rozen Zulu.

I remember someone argued that the HG Delta Plus is leaning more towards the novel version while the MG represents the OVA version. I don't remember where though.

I'm afraid it's not shadowing. The kit doesn't have the same colours. At least not the example I posted. The "greens" are wrong. Is it a problem? For those who don't paint, yeah. For me no. Still a kit I'll buy.

Skye629 2014-02-11 17:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Providenceangle (Post 5008416)
You can't afford paint? I'll give you a good tip. Buy cheap craft acrylic paint(s). Black would be a good colour to go with that kit, or you can buy the paints to make the colour. Practice mixing and paint something and let it dry. Buy a cheap brush. Water down the paint till it's a little thicker then milk, brush some onto a piece you don't care about( the k9 unit! :D ), test to make sure the paint levels and doesn't have brush strokes. It will take a few coats, due to the paint being thin. Flat coat to protect and you're done.

For those who can't airbrush or spray can, this is a good method that works. Hand brushing just takes longer, but with patience you can get similar results to airbrushing.

Its not that I cant afford paint, my living conditions don;t permit it, and I have no good way of ventilating the smell which is toxic and I hate

Quote:

Quote:

Oh God

Quote:

Originally Posted by Providenceangle (Post 5008597)
I'm afraid it's not shadowing. The kit doesn't have the same colours. At least not the example I posted. The "greens" are wrong. Is it a problem? For those who don't paint, yeah. For me no. Still a kit I'll buy.

As Obelisk pointed out, there IS some shadow effect going on the box

Also, you have to consider the lighting used to take the pictures, it seems to be very brightly lit. I would expect the color to be about the same as the HGUC Stark Jegan IRL

The dark green does appear to be a bit too dark though, even considering lighting

And HOORAAYYY!!!! It got all the normal old parts, Imma get nao

As for the Delta Plus, that was due to a design change, the kit was released a good few months before the actual episode (around episode 2). The purple adheres more towards the original colors of brownish purple. By the time 3 rolled around, they had changed the design slightly, and given it a new color scheme

Providenceangle 2014-02-11 18:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 5008829)
Its not that I cant afford paint, my living conditions don;t permit it, and I have no good way of ventilating the smell which is toxic and I hate

Water based acrylics don't have a harsh smell. So long as you're hand brushing they don't give of VOC(vapor on contact). It would be Aerosolization that causes most VOCs. Not to mention thinning need to achieve proper Aerosolization. That's what makes spay paints smell so bad. The solvents used to thin them.

If you do not want to not paint, don't. It's your choice. I'm just offering advice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 5008829)
As Obelisk pointed out, there IS some shadow effect going on the box

Also, you have to consider the lighting used to take the pictures, it seems to be very brightly lit. I would expect the color to be about the same as the HGUC Stark Jegan IRL

The dark green does appear to be a bit too dark though, even considering lighting

Even with the light, the colour is off a lot. You can try and justify it by saying it's got lighting and shadow on the box art, but even compared to pictures of the kit, the greens aren't well done. The reason why I say this is the plastic itself is mixed wrong, for the colour. I worked injection plastics for 4 years. I know the ins and outs of what bandai does. It could be just a batch that is wrong, but a manger at bandai deemed it good enough to ship. Maybe they changed their mind on the production colour, or there was an issue with material.

If it was a matter of being colour blind, I could understand. Sadly I'm not the only one who's notice the difference.

Skye629 2014-02-11 18:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Providenceangle (Post 5008848)
Water based acrylics don't have a harsh smell. So long as you hand brushing they don't give of VOC(vapor on contact). It would be Aerosolization that causes most VOCs. Not to mention thinning need to achieve proper Aerosolization. That's what makes spay paints smell so bad. The solvents used to thin them.

If you do not want to not paint, don't. It's your choice. I'm just offering advice.

Even with the light, the colour is off a lot. You can try and justify it by saying it's got lighting and shadow on the box art, but even compared to pictures of the kit, the greens aren't well done. The reason why I say this is the plastic itself is mixed wrong, for the colour. I worked injection plastics for 4 years. I know the ins and outs of what bandai does. It could be just a batch that is wrong, but a manger at bandai deemed it good enough to ship. Maybe they changed their mind on the production colour, or there was an issue with material.

If it was a matter of being colour blind, I could understand. Sadly I'm not the only one who's notice the difference.

Maybe its just my eyes then ._.

Providenceangle 2014-02-11 18:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 5008855)
Maybe its just my eyes then ._.

You could be allergic to the chemicals in paints. I'm not saying no. You'd really suffer if you had to deal with plastic... I probably destroyed my lungs lol. Not to mention pvc and acetal plastics create chlorine gas if heated and mixed... That happened one time too :D

Skye629 2014-02-11 22:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Providenceangle (Post 5008897)
You could be allergic to the chemicals in paints. I'm not saying no. You'd really suffer if you had to deal with plastic... I probably destroyed my lungs lol. Not to mention pvc and acetal plastics create chlorine gas if heated and mixed... That happened one time too :D

I was referring in my comment to the plate colors lol

As for actual paint, part of it for me are the health risks, I simply don't dig it, the most Im willing to use are Gundam Markers, they get the job done for me :P

BTW: DROOLS
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-fr-ovw5q3B...BANM140305.jpg
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-63EnXDOoLW...BANM140306.jpg

ZeroXSEED 2014-02-11 23:03

No matter how I look at it, Banshee is fucking ugly

Probably because of the deer horn.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2014-02-12 06:39

Wait, Banshee’s armor is solid black now? :twitch: Since when? I recall HG Banshee Norn [Unicorn mode] was still dark-blue.

Skye629 2014-02-12 19:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 5009328)
Wait, Banshee’s armor is solid black now? :twitch: Since when? I recall HG Banshee Norn [Unicorn mode] was still dark-blue.

Probably this is just fully painted

Aurelis 2014-02-12 19:49

Yup, that looks painted, just like how they portray the Banshee in black but it's actually dark blue. I think the black matches the clear frame better than dark blue.

I wonder why they went with this decision since I've gotten black plastics in Deathsycthe, Psyco and Seraphim. I did get some dubious dark purple/blue with HGFC Master Gundam though.

ZeroXSEED 2014-02-12 22:05

Does anyone here have experience with Koto's armored core? I want to know if the weapon system is compatible with Gundam HG models

Aurelis 2014-02-12 22:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED (Post 5010043)
Does anyone here have experience with Koto's armored core? I want to know if the weapon system is compatible with Gundam HG models

Even though it states 1/72 scale, I bought the following weapons pack and equipped the Fenrir rifle to my HGUC 1/144 Ex-S Gundam. It fitted in the trigger hand nicely although the Ex-S has rather large hands than the normal HGUC kit.

http://i.imgur.com/JHY3Tw2.jpg

If anything, you can try shaving off the handle slightly, perhaps that will allow it to fit.

Size-wise, it seems comparatively similar to the 1/144 weapons.

ZeroXSEED 2014-02-12 22:37

1/72 huh? Thanks

Armored Cores are 10 meters tall, so that scale is perfect :)