AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   One Piece (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   One Piece - Chapter 748 [manga] (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=126215)

marvelB 2014-05-20 05:49

One Piece - Chapter 748 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Pos ting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Full spoiler is here! Credit goes to AP's Redon for the initial Chinese spoilers, and Aohige for the summary of the raw:

-Chapter title is "My way of returning the favor". The splash page features, interestingly enough, Heraclesun (that dude who helped Usopp with his training during the skip, remember).

-As Luffy continues laughing at Pica's voice, the enraged officer throws a punch at him. With a fist whose fingers are each larger than an entire building, the punch lands on Luffy's group, destroying part of the city! Naturally, the supernova trio are blasted away by the punch, and land near the coliseum. Zoro says he has no idea how to defeat the stone giant who dwarfs even Oars in size.....

-The three then encounter Cavendish, who attempts to attack Law due to also being from the "worst generation". Of course, Luffy stops him, telling him that he's a friend. The handsome one complies, saying that he owes the Straw-Hats due to God Usopp saving his life. He offers to behead Doflamingo on Luffy's behalf, but the rubber one refuses, saying that beating him is HIS job. Cabbage thinks Luffy is once again trying to steal his attention, and the trio escape him while he's stuck in another delusion. Soon, they run into even more of the tournament fighters (such as the Chinjaos, Elizabello, Ideo, etc.), who ALSO want to take down Dofla as gratitude for Usopp. Luffy once again refuses, getting into an argument with them. At this point, a new group of warriors released from the toy curse charge at Luffy for his bounty, but they instead get thrashed by the group who are indebted to Usopp. During the hubbub, Luffy encounters Ucy (the Fighting Bull from the tournament) and the two have a happy reunion.

-Meanwhile, a grunt tells Pica that Luffy can't be found, but at that moment, Ucy charges towards the stone giant with Luffy's group in tow (and amusingly, Abdullah and Jeet, heh). Pica prepares to attack again, but both Don Chinjao and King Elizabello team up and use attacks so powerful that they destroy the officer's arm! Luffy once again tells them to butt out of his business, but the tourney warriors simply tell him to shut up, as they all owe him a favor....!!!!

Huh, so it looks like it's gonna take teamwork to beat Pica. I actually find this pretty exciting, because it's been a good while since we had a proper team battle! :) BTW, for those wondering about Fujitora, it seems that he was forced to retreat as soon as Pica was about to launch his first attack (even saying that he sensed something bad incoming). So no more Zoro vs. Fuji for now (not that I find that surprising).....

Eleutheria 2014-05-20 09:42

Hmm... not sure about the spoiler as Luffy is under the watchful eye of Fuijitora, but if it's true I wonder who "a bunch of the guys" could be that are willing to stand up to an Admiral!

odim4r 2014-05-20 22:32

You guys see Don Chinjao vs Fujitora?

marvelB 2014-05-21 00:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by odim4r (Post 5126753)
You guys see Don Chinjao vs Fujitora?

NOPE. ;)

That being said, I updated the summary, guys.

aohige 2014-05-21 00:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleutheria (Post 5126195)
Hmm... not sure about the spoiler as Luffy is under the watchful eye of Fuijitora, but if it's true I wonder who "a bunch of the guys" could be that are willing to stand up to an Admiral!

Fujitora can't see the giant, but senses something big is about to come.
The nearby marine warns him to flee the area.
We don't see him for the rest of the chapter.

Also, no point doubting credibility of the spoiler reviews, I've been doing this for years. :heh:

marvelB 2014-05-21 00:46

Just saw the Chinese scans, LOVE that spread of all the tournament fighters charging towards Pica. :D And lol at Law STILL being tied to those chains, the poor guy. Speaking of him, I was also amused by the shocked look on his face when all the tourney guys pledged their allegiance to Luffy, heh. :p

Also, I find it interesting that Elizabello only used a "Light" version of the King Punch, yet it was still powerful enough to penetrate Pica's arm. Maybe the claim that the fully-powered version of the punch is capable of knocking out a yonkou is not entirely without merit.....

mastermind3342 2014-05-21 03:19

Ahahahahahaha...... Can't stop laughing at the second before last page.....
Really hilarious... Weird army formed.

articuzwolf 2014-05-21 03:25

can't stop smiling while reading this chapter...
so much fun

Kaengel 2014-05-21 03:36

This is going to be a mess again. I was hoping for this arc to see some real battle between two characters, but we're going again with a lot of mobs.
I don't dislike this, but I hope this isn't going to be like that each time.

mrSh4dy 2014-05-21 03:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by marvelB (Post 5126883)
Also, I find it interesting that Elizabello only used a "Light" version of the King Punch, yet it was still powerful enough to penetrate Pica's arm. Maybe the claim that the fully-powered version of the punch is capable of knocking out a yonkou is not entirely without merit.....

Maybe this is a glimpse of Pica's weakness. The bigger he gets the less sturdy his body becomes. It also seems to drain his stamina a lot (just one punch made him wheeze).

noktown 2014-05-21 04:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by marvelB (Post 5126883)

Well if a Yonko is going to stand still,even Zoro can pretty much stab a Yonko and he will die,but no way in hell a Yonko would stand waiting for the punch.

~Yami~ 2014-05-21 04:26

so many epicness in a chapter....
can't hold my laughter.... God Usopp really saved the day...

now let's see how these benefactor team would act...
and it seems that Law has lost all his coolness in front of Luffy :heh:

Randrak42 2014-05-21 05:03

God this chapter was beautiful, I can't stop laughing. I knew that not every gladiator and former toy would try to kill the Strawhats but didn't expect this many and some of these guys (the Hananokuni guys was expected, as well as Cabage, the giant and Elizabelo but the rest were a surprise).

Really good chapter overall, as per usual :D

imza 2014-05-21 06:39

Excellent chapter and definitely speaks to Luffy's most dangerous power, to gain allies. I wonder if the straw hats will gain some type of allied fleet like Whitebeard had with all the pirates that helped him during the war? I can't see the main crew ever having as many people on the same ship as other emperors but a separate fleet of pirates that can be called in for big fights would be interesting.

II Maestro 2014-05-21 07:07

This chapter was funny seeing how Luffy just gathered strong warriors to join him in his fight with Doflamingo's family though their reason for fighting is different from each other.

articuzwolf 2014-05-21 09:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by II Maestro (Post 5127138)
This chapter was funny seeing how Luffy just gathered strong warriors to join him in his fight with Doflamingo's family though their reason for fighting is different from each other.

and God Usopp is their most common denominator :heh:

Rainbowman 2014-05-21 10:55

I hope Pica is K.O.ed in the next chapter so that Luffy can get to Doflamingo immediately.

Somnus 2014-05-21 14:14

Oh man, I had too much fun with this chapter. I'm still laughing! Now THAT'S an army. I'm loving every panel, and poor Law stuck in the middle of it all.

Kanon 2014-05-21 14:24

Gotta say, I expected Abdullah and Jeet to go after the bounties. They didn't strike me as the type to pay off their debt.

That's quite the team Luffy put together, though I shouldn't call them team. As Zoro noted, they all have massive egos, so there's no way they're going to be able to cooperate. Hell, they were already on the verge of fighting against each other in this chapter :heh:

Loved how Luffy's reason for helping Rebecca is her giving him her food. That's so like him.

danielevo 2014-05-22 02:12

Pica is holding back because doflamingo told him not too be so serious to ending the fight now. His broken hand doesn't mean that he can be easily defeated by luffy weird grup.

and btw,im curious how law will be free from that kairoseki handcuffs, its seem that luffy weird grup can't loose it, or they just don't care i dont know,, poor law hahahahaha