AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Hayate no Gotoku (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Hayate no Gotoku - Can't Take My Eyes Off You - Episode 12 (END) Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=116866)

Kairin 2012-12-19 00:24

Hayate no Gotoku - Can't Take My Eyes Off You - Episode 12 (END) Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Hayate no Gotoku - Can't Take My Eyes Off You - , Episode 12 (END).

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Midonin 2012-12-19 14:36

The solution to everything being to perform a song while crossdressing is just the kind of solution I'd expect from this universe. That was a very satisfying finale, and it answers that Ruri was probably never Nagi's little sister, but then, Dolly wasn't her mother either. It also says that family is who you're together with, not who you're related to, so perhaps, by being close to Nagi, she became her sister anyway. The mask overrode her, just as it did for Shin. I knew he'd have to sacrifice himself, and he did, but it was in a way that felt satisfying. Everything (mostly) tied together here, and I can say in the end that I'm glad I watched this season.

I've been an anime only watcher for my entire experience with this franchise, so there are some elements (such as Ruka) that I never quite understood, but I never felt completely lost either. There were quite a few moments that made me laugh this season, such as the bizarre quiz show and a lot of the stuff in Las Vegas, and the narrative elements were strong, with the themes of familial love and the difference between love and servitude playing a major role. I wish characters I know and love - like Ayumu and Sakuya and Isumi - had played a larger role, but they were utilized fairly well near the end.

The beginning was a little slow, but all of Ruka's monologues and the stuff with Ruri was building up to something later. I could've done without episode three - Yukiji was a bigger role in this story than Hina anyway, and Hina as a character has never done much for me, but I understand there are those who wanted to see her. The absence of Wakamoto (where are you, o heavenly narrator?) and not censoring the anime references made for a bit of a tonal disconnect with the show I knew, but I had been prepped for it by the movie. Hayate is the only other show I know (besides maybe Negima and Minami-ke) that's had such sharp differences between each season. I'd say I enjoyed this one more than the second season - it had a clear goal in what it wanted to do, and a lot of motifs, such as a clockwork motif and a Greek chorus - that I can get behind. Still doesn't top the first season, though. Kawaguchi's absurdist gag comedy style meshed perfectly with what the first season was trying to do, and to me, that's still what Hayate is.

But this wasn't bad either. It was a natural expansion of the world, had a clear throughline, and put Nagi back in the center stage, making her family history important and her development once again a major part of the story. She has been since the start. Not my favorite show of the season, but still a highly enjoyable one nonetheless. Better than the second, not as good as the first. That should cover everything.

I'm glad I was able to be here for it. Who knows where Hayate will go next?

Yusei Fudo 2012-12-19 15:19

I don't like how Ruka didn't have much to do in the plot of the story T_____T

Sakanaka Shouko 2012-12-19 17:24

The anime was superb, I loved it even more than I expected. I hope there will be another HnG anime.

NK141 2012-12-19 18:05

That last episode was excellent. I'm glad I stuck with the anime instead of dropping it at the first couple of episodes like some people. Very nice finish, got to hand it to Hata knows how to make a good story.

I really hope this anime continues on, so much of the manga would make a great couple of seasons to watch! Only time will tell :)

Chaos2Frozen 2012-12-19 20:42

All the loose ends got tied up quite nicely.

I still think it should have been a movie instead of a full season but that's beating a dead horse...

serenade_beta 2012-12-19 22:02

Best part of this anime:
When it ended

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen (Post 4482067)

Grandfather:"................"

Chaos2Frozen 2012-12-19 23:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by serenade_beta (Post 4482182)
Grandfather:"................"

What about him :p ?

fukarming 2012-12-19 23:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen (Post 4482067)

I still think it should have been a movie instead of a full season but that's beating a dead horse...

Completely agree. Either a movie or a 4 part OVA will make this a great addition. Maybe it is a theme that the author want to tell us: only after long period of hardship (ep 1-9) will let you reach happiness (10-12).

Midonin 2012-12-19 23:59

I don't think the first most of the series was quite as bad as it's being made out to be. All these dramatic moments need a moment of (relative) normalcy to start from, and a lot of the stuff that would play a part in the last episodes was foreshadowed here. The quiz show probably got the most laughs out of anything in the series for me.

EroKing 2012-12-20 02:45

Wasn't expecting a season of Hayate to be this good, ending was perfect.

eduard3 2012-12-20 07:18

Sorry but, is this canon? If it is I'll probably put it in the future of the manga for timeline since Nagi has her mansion back and everyone in the apartments know each other, etc.

First half wasn't so good, but I loved it once they started the main plot.

Chaos2Frozen 2012-12-20 07:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by eduard3 (Post 4482737)
Sorry but, is this canon? If it is I'll probably put it in the future of the manga for timeline since Nagi has her mansion back and everyone in the apartments know each other, etc.

First half wasn't so good, but I loved it once they started the main plot.

Yes it's canon and yes it's after the current manga arc.... Or so they say.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2012-12-20 08:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen (Post 4482749)

Or maybe this is just like Saint Seiya Tenkaihen. They made an anime that supposed to be “after the current manga arc” only to be abolished by the mangaka himself when the manga reach the point where the anime begin. :eyespin::heh:

eduard3 2012-12-20 08:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen (Post 4482749)

Well, going by what happened, it probably won't be featured in the manga (In the first place some of these events happened in the manga with different characters if I'm not mistaken since they needed to add the "Little sister" part) and just be mentioned as something like a side story if Hayate pulls out the sword or something.

Wigwams 2012-12-20 08:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by eduard3 (Post 4482806)
Well, going by what happened, it probably won't be featured in the manga (In the first place some of these events happened in the manga with different characters if I'm not mistaken since they needed to add the "Little sister" part) and just be mentioned as something like a side story if Hayate pulls out the sword or something.

well at the very least this scene is featured in the manga as the cover page of chapter 378.

Chaos2Frozen 2012-12-20 09:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by eduard3 (Post 4482806)

They could always edit out those scenes to streamline it to only the main plot, it's not difficult.

eduard3 2012-12-20 09:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen (Post 4482838)
They could always edit out those scenes to streamline it to only the main plot, it's not difficult.

Hm...true but personally, as a person who has watched this, I would rather see the reveal of the mystery behind Nagi's parent's handled differently, since it was practically the most important fact we got from this season for the plot. Maybe a short flashback? Although I can't say for sure if I were in the shoes of someone who didn't get to watch this.

Benigmatica 2012-12-20 09:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yusei Fudo (Post 4481693)
I don't like how Ruka didn't have much to do in the plot of the story T_____T

I have to agree with you. It seems that she's a throwaway character to me. (unless Kenjiro Hata included her in the manga way before the movie was premiered)

Still, I have to believe that this "original story" anime is finally over. Now all we need now is to convince Shogakukan, Kenjiro Hata, and J.C.Staff to make a 3rd Season.

Spoiler for With the possibility of...:

And BTW, let's not forget to add Mr. Wakamoto too as the narrator!

NK141 2012-12-20 15:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benigmatica (Post 4482869)
Spoiler for With the possibility of...:

And BTW, let's not forget to add Mr. Wakamoto too as the narrator!

I agree it kind of left a bit of a void. I really wanted to see the EotW arc, and yes the lack of Wakamoto's voice and witty comments were missed.