AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Suisei no Gargantia (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   Suisei no Gargantia - Episode 12 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=120226)

monir 2013-06-21 23:09

Suisei no Gargantia - Episode 12 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Suisei no Gargantia, Episode 12.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

zztop 2013-06-22 03:14

Is this the final episode, or is there still 1 more to go? The net's been abuzz that there's a 13th ep of Gargantia.

willyvereb 2013-06-22 04:47

It will have a 13th episode.
Also there will be 3 OVA episodes later, IIRC.

Evil_Sephiroth 2013-06-22 13:46

Only 13...So rushed ;_;

Shinhwa 2013-06-22 22:55

Although I feel Chamber getting destroyed or severely damaged at the end of the series is nearly unavoidable, in all truth I hope he doesn't get destroyed. Who would want our round round mecha Kyon-kun to die? D:

So, don't die Chamber!!!

jeroz 2013-06-23 06:30

As much as no one knows how the story will move forward, I'm sure they will be "predictable" when looking back.

Will there be a mecha battle? How will Ledo react? Will there be sacrifices/casualties? Who will be the unlikely ally? There are still too many variables at the moment, the very first scene shall determine which route this story will take, before being dragged all the way back to a happy ending.

Personally I don't think there will actually be a fancy mech battle, and probably will have more arguments back and forth instead. Chamber will play a massive part in this episode, depending on how Ledo manipulates the military protocol to his favour. That being said, I think there will be sacrifices. I don't think Ledo is foolish enough to actually carry out the program if it involves bloodshed, he has learnt and gain enough self awareness during his time on Gargantia to know what's right.

===

Edit: apparently the episode just finished. Judging by the screenshots, there's one convenience in the plot that I'm not sure what to think of. I would need to watch the subs to understand what happened.
Also, lulz this guy:
http://i.imgur.com/cYUx4IZ.jpg

MisaoFan 2013-06-23 06:36

Spoiler for Episode 12:

jeroz 2013-06-23 06:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisaoFan (Post 4733984)
Spoiler for Episode 12:

Spoiler for response:

bastek66 2013-06-23 06:54

Two hours faster... damn I missed livestream
Spoiler for Inside Striker:

konart 2013-06-23 07:33

Still have high hopes for Gen's 13th episode.

Revan21 2013-06-23 07:49

Episode 12

Spoiler for Contents:

I wonder, how the Gargantia will take part in the fight and what's the golden key for? Hidden nukes? :D

Principalities 2013-06-23 08:47

Spoiler for EPI 12:

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2013-06-23 09:13

Yeah, like what we can see in the previous episode’s thread, many members (both Urobuchi veterans and non-veterans) here already guessed that Kugel isn’t kicking anymore the moment he appeared in hologram only. That resulted in no surprise whatsoever when it actually happens/comes true. :heh:

lightbringer 2013-06-23 09:52

This episode ought to finally put to rest the recurring so often here question of why an all-powerful AI/mecha still needs a human pilot. Look at the shit that happens when there isn't one :)

I thought there would be about 50% chance that Kugel is dead, but it makes sense in retrospect - he was not exactly a sticker for rules, so he wouldn't have gone apeshit crazy like that.

Forbin 2013-06-23 11:11

So my guess is we are far into the future where the war is over..but chamber kept Ledo alive

Runa 2013-06-23 11:41

Spoiler:

LystAP 2013-06-23 12:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by lightbringer (Post 4734152)
This episode ought to finally put to rest the recurring so often here question of why an all-powerful AI/mecha still needs a human pilot. Look at the shit that happens when there isn't one :)

I thought there would be about 50% chance that Kugel is dead, but it makes sense in retrospect - he was not exactly a sticker for rules, so he wouldn't have gone apeshit crazy like that.

Thinking about it, I suppose this should have been the most likely route the series would have taken, given it's limited operating time (only one episode left).

Perhaps they would have left Kugel alive had they more time to develop the story, but this probably concludes the storyline quickly and leaves it open to the "big surprise" they supposedly have in the last episode (I remember an interview where Army's seiyuu hinted as such).

aohige 2013-06-23 12:33

Kinda figured, the whole thing felt so detached from emotion, it didn't feel like Kugel was the same character from the episode 1.
The "Kugel is dead" was the most popular, but I also saw some theory like "Kugel is turning half-squid, driving him insane" lol

Gravitas Free Zone 2013-06-23 12:38

Spoiler for First page, eh?:

User210120 2013-06-23 12:57

Machines take over the world