AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

kct 2006-12-23 18:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavehawk (Post 777447)
That said, I don't need to remind anyone that the Noir pack is essentially a streamlined or product-improved IWSP pack...And dammit, I could be very well contradicting myself here, but the Strike Noir deserves an MG 1/100 incarnation. The 1/144 kit was nice, but I think the Noir has a lot of potential for further detailing.

I thought someone in Japan did one.

Knightmare213 2006-12-24 00:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 777642)

I'm in a process of building a Saviour myself. And seeing these conversions of the same models that I'm building makes me think why didn't start building models any bloody sooner? These conversions are just awesome.

ashtaron 2006-12-24 02:12

1/144 HGUC Gaplant TR-5

The TR-5 Gaplant was recently released. It can be seen here: http://www.geocities.jp/hetare_d_max...-5Hrairoo.html. (Beware: Webpage link is graphics intensive). This particular Japanese model maker supplied it with 5 out of 5 stars.

WaytoDawn 2006-12-24 04:29

Off topic, but Merry Christmas!

sx3 2006-12-24 04:57

1 more day fella..

wavehawk 2006-12-24 19:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by kct (Post 778025)
I thought someone in Japan did one.

- Official, I mean. Dengeki Hobby featured a Master Grade Strike modified to look like the X-105E Strike, but it was still in the Red-White-Blue colors and lacks the Noir pack last I checked. And I'm not good enough of a modeller to try making my own, especially seeing how expensive the MG IWSP Strike is, and that no more 1/100 HG Strike Gundams are available here.

And technically, it is Christmas for us here on the side nearest the International Date Line (Australia, New Zealand, Southeast Asian, Japan, etc.)

MakubeX2 2006-12-25 07:29

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1...4405423zo8.jpg

WaytoDawn 2006-12-25 08:46

ok, i have a problem here. I am not a very experience painter and i am hoping someone here is kind enough to give a few pointers.

First off, i am planning to paint the parts from the SF model that are not gold plated. Is Tamiya Gold paint(gloss) suitable?

Second, which type of clear coat is suitable for a model in yr opinion? I'm planning to apply a coat of clear coat(gloss) on the internal frame including the gold plated parts. Does this affect the gold plated parts whatsoever?

Ok, here is my real problem...If i apply a coat of clear coat(dull/matt) on the whole finnished model, will it affect the previous clear coat(gloss) of the internal frame? I'd also like a suggestion on which type of clear coat is more suitable on the whole model if i don't use clear coat(dull/matt).

kct 2006-12-25 14:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavehawk (Post 778953)
- Official, I mean. Dengeki Hobby featured a Master Grade Strike modified to look like the X-105E Strike, but it was still in the Red-White-Blue colors and lacks the Noir pack last I checked. And I'm not good enough of a modeller to try making my own, especially seeing how expensive the MG IWSP Strike is, and that no more 1/100 HG Strike Gundams are available here.

And technically, it is Christmas for us here on the side nearest the International Date Line (Australia, New Zealand, Southeast Asian, Japan, etc.)

Oh you mean by that. And I dare not to try any modification so far...

trowa babeliii 2006-12-26 00:32

Hi all,

I'm now starting off painting my strike freedom HG.

a preview of the 'work in progress' is here.. http://babeliii.multiply.com/photos/photo/12/9

as you probably see, the wings are half-painted in gold, and some parts really still needs touching up. but with those dragoons add on, it's really huge....haha

just to share.....=) btw, please check out my other models also...=)

SNT1 2006-12-26 00:51

http://www.core-works.com/product_in...products_id=41

Core-Works Hi-Nu Gundam, to compare to that last MG pic

DarkWarrior 2006-12-26 21:44

If I ever want a Hi-Nu, I guess I'll stick with the resin kits. The main problem of this MG Hi Nu isn't the design itself. It's just that people have a certain image of Hi-Nu hammered into their heads thanks to various games, illustrations, resin kits, and etc. Some people will accept this new design, but most probably won't be too pleased.

I guess I'll wait quietly for the eventual release of MG Destiny and some more interesting MG releases, like the 100th MG.

lazyfr3ak 2006-12-26 22:36

hey guys, where online i can buy that action base for HG/MG that bandai is selling?

OneZaft 2006-12-27 06:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by lazyfr3ak (Post 780655)
hey guys, where online i can buy that action base for HG/MG that bandai is selling?

You can get it from various retailers like HLJ

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN948215

--------------------------------

New MG Full Crossbone image

http://www.amiami.com/shop/ProductInfo/product_id/66147

(from gunota)

mangatron 2006-12-27 07:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkWarrior (Post 780623)
I guess I'll wait quietly for the eventual release of MG Destiny and some more interesting MG releases, like the 100th MG.

Hmm, well I wouldn't see that new Hi-Nu MG as that bad. I mean, at least one wouldn't have to keep his recasted resin version in the closet anymore :heh:

And, what would you do if the 100th MG was like, say....

A recolored RX-78 first version? :heh: :heh:

I say, they should make the 100th MG with everything Bandai has accomplished over the years, like make it chrome plated, give it that, forgot-it's-name kind of runners, and make it a, hmm....

I would really wish bandai would make a basic, Gundam Seed inner-frame and just sell the armor parts seperately for all the GS gundams, that would make my day :heh:

MakubeX2 2006-12-27 09:33

The latest issue of Dengeki Hobby has a small section dedicated to the run down of the history of Hi-Nu.

Starts out in 1988 as a illustration titled as the Nu in the CCA novel.

Christened the Hi-Nu in 1991 as a powered up version of the Nu. Lots and lots of reinterpretations through various fan arts and designs followed.

Bandai and Sunrise officially recognised the Hi-Nu as Canon in 2005.

Liked I said, it will be much easier if people to accept the new design as seeing the Hi-Nu as how the Nu is supposed to be like instead of being a Nu upgrade which is intended by Tomino.

Tak 2006-12-27 15:57

Its sad how we never seen the Hi-Nu animated, except in games. Anyway, is that that a MG Hi-Nu slated for release by Feb. of 07, MakubeX2? I don't keep up with model news... *sigh*.

I need to get my hands on one eventually, but I am very reluctant in spending more than $50 for a model kit.

- Tak (Speaking of which, anyone want to help 'liberate' a 1/100 HG Providence Gundam, 1/144 HG Gaia Gundam, 1/100 HG Freedom or a 1/100 HG Strike Freedom offa me for a tiny sum of bling? *snicker*)

Critias 2006-12-27 17:02

I was at my local hobby shop and saw the latest issue of Hobby Japan and while browsing through it, I happened upon what looked like a MG Gundam X. I looked at the pics and didn't see any conversions of any kind, so I assumed it was real. It also seemed to include parts to assemble the Gundam X Divider (namely the "Harmonica" shield). Anyone confirm or deny this? I reeeeeeeeeally want a MG Gundam X :frustrated:

MakubeX2 2006-12-27 17:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tak (Post 781223)
Its sad how we never seen the Hi-Nu animated, except in games. Anyway, is that that a MG Hi-Nu slated for release by Feb. of 07, MakubeX2? I don't keep up with model news... *sigh*.

I need to get my hands on one eventually, but I am very reluctant in spending more than $50 for a model kit.

A Photoshopped Coloured Prototype MG Hi-Nu courtesy of 2ch. This Kit will be towering over all the other kits if they used back the frame of the old Nu.

I can see the reasoning behind the pricing, the old Nu was already 5500 yen, put into view the cost of the extra parts with the slight inflation over the course of 6 years, you get the pricing of the Hi-Nu.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Critias
I was at my local hobby shop and saw the latest issue of Hobby Japan and while browsing through it, I happened upon what looked like a MG Gundam X. I looked at the pics and didn't see any conversions of any kind, so I assumed it was real. It also seemed to include parts to assemble the Gundam X Divider (namely the "Harmonica" shield). Anyone confirm or deny this? I reeeeeeeeeally want a MG Gundam X

That will be te slated to be release FIX Figuration of the GX. But releax, a MG of the GX is bound to happen when Bandai runs out of designs for models.

GameraBaenre 2006-12-27 18:04

I don't think that Bandai is going to be using the MG Nu Frame. All the recent engineering to allow for better poses and such would keep them from using much of the old MG Nu's frame. Additionally, the Hi Nu is about 3 meters shorter than the Nu, so for proportion's sake, the Hi Nu should be noticeably shorter than the Nu.