AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Spitfire 2008-03-15 16:19

Sir Dearka, I think you really need to change the way you choose which models you get. So what if you haven't seen the series in which a particular MS is in, if you like the design, then that should be enough. For instance, I myself have seen maybe a couple episodes of X, yet I love pratically every Gundam design from the series. Just because you haven't seen the series, doesn't mean you can't appreciate a good mecha design.

Oh, and regarding the EX-S...it was never in an animated series

Sir Dearka 2008-03-15 16:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spitfire (Post 1462828)
Oh, and regarding the EX-S...it was never in an animated series

Oh, I see. It's a gorgeous model kit.

As for changing the way I choose models... nah... I already have too much gunpla for my tastes so I happen to be careful in my choices. Among those I am familiar with there are enough great designs already. Like the forementioned Zeta MGs, SEED or Destiny, and recently 00. Buying all those I like'd take lots of money, time and room which I don't have.

I like it when everything is consistent around me. Only favorite movies in my DVD collection. Only my favorite books on the shelves (the rest is just removed to some place else or borrowed out to my friends and family). I think the only things that I choose according to its aestethics+usefulness are basic house accessories and furniture. Rest of the stuff I look at, hear or touch is usually linked to some people, sentiments or memories, things that mean something to me.

Astrana 2008-03-15 18:22

hehehe, i purely choose gundam kit cuz the mech design, I know Es-X is a heavy one, but it's so bad ass, imo it's the best looking gundam out there, i just wish it was made into anime series. I would also really like to see Advanced Z in Anime, I really like the Hazel Titan MK-II unfortunatly they don't have that in MG. And got my GP-03 hehehehe, was gonna get a turn A but it was sold out. I am at work right now, so got wait couple hours b4 i can open it

MakubeX2 2008-03-15 18:29

http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/4...1171977wg3.jpg

Astrana 2008-03-15 18:54

makube, i assume thats the HG Nadleeh, is the april release one came with guns and shield?

MakubeX2 2008-03-15 18:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Astrana (Post 1463082)
makube, i assume thats the HG Nadleeh, is the april release one came with guns and shield?

Quite obviously so.

sx3 2008-03-15 20:00

Does anyone here own a PG 1/60 Zeta Gundam? i am quite interested in getting one but i am not sure of the kits quality =/ also on mahq it said that the zeta did not come with batteries, but on sites such as hlj it said batteries included. anyone like to share there thoughts or help me out here? should i get one?

Derringer 2008-03-15 20:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by sx3 (Post 1463170)
Does anyone here own a PG 1/60 Zeta Gundam? i am quite interested in getting one but i am not sure of the kits quality =/ also on mahq it said that the zeta did not come with batteries, but on sites such as hlj it said batteries included. anyone like to share there thoughts or help me out here? should i get one?

What are your reasons for getting a PG Zeta? If you're an ultra big zeta fan, I see no point in trying to stop you from getting it. If you're just looking for a Zeta Gundam model to own, the MG 2.0 version is superior in price, transformation, and modeling accuracy.

sx3 2008-03-15 20:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derringer (Post 1463192)
What are your reasons for getting a PG Zeta? If you're an ultra big zeta fan, I see no point in trying to stop you from getting it. If you're just looking for a Zeta Gundam model to own, the MG 2.0 version is superior in price, transformation, and modeling accuracy.

well i am a big fan of Zeta Gundam but its not like im uber enough to have it just because its Zeta, i was looking to build a PG Gundam but i looked at the selection and there wasnt much to my taste other than the PG RX-73 Gundam and the PG Zeta Gundam. i didn't feel like getting a PG Strike, PG MK-II etc. Also i really felt like getting one because i am very bored lately so i need a hobby :(

Astrana 2008-03-15 21:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by sx3 (Post 1463198)
well i am a big fan of Zeta Gundam but its not like im uber enough to have it just because its Zeta, i was looking to build a PG Gundam but i looked at the selection and there wasnt much to my taste other than the PG RX-73 Gundam and the PG Zeta Gundam. i didn't feel like getting a PG Strike, PG MK-II etc. Also i really felt like getting one because i am very bored lately so i need a hobby :(

Get the Jumbo Grade!! Just kidding...

I am not too sure about the PG version but like derringer said Ver 2.0 is really nice. it comes with a nice stand can be combined with MKII - Titan Ver 2.0

Personally, I really want the PG RX-78 GP-01, but it's so had to find and really pricy too.

if you are bored instead of spending over 100 bucks on one PG kit, why not get 2-3 MGs.

sx3 2008-03-15 23:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Astrana (Post 1463278)
Get the Jumbo Grade!! Just kidding...

I am not too sure about the PG version but like derringer said Ver 2.0 is really nice. it comes with a nice stand can be combined with MKII - Titan Ver 2.0

Personally, I really want the PG RX-78 GP-01, but it's so had to find and really pricy too.

if you are bored instead of spending over 100 bucks on one PG kit, why not get 2-3 MGs.

haha i want the experience of making a PG, how much is it wherever you guys are for the PGs, over here in canada the PG RX-78 is about 180 and the PG Zeta is about 250

LightningZERO 2008-03-15 23:14

Speaking of the Jumbo grade, it's not a model kit right? I saw the boxart and it shows the already built Zeta

StratoSpear 2008-03-15 23:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Astrana (Post 1463082)

too plain to a HG... I guess it's an FG model. I'm planning to get the HG models of all five original Gundams in 00.

Checklist:
- HG Exia
- HG Dynames(bought)
- HG Kyrios(bought)
- HG Virtue
- HG Nadleeh

ReverseFate 2008-03-15 23:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by StratoSpear (Post 1463449)
too plain to a HG... I guess it's an FG model. I'm planning to get the HG models of all five original Gundams in 00.

No, it is obviously the HG kit that’s set for release in April. Though it does look a little plain color-wise, but nothing a paint over can't solve :p

MeesesGlokmah 2008-03-15 23:38

Quote:

Checklist:
- HG Exia
- HG Dynames(bought)
- HG Kyrios(bought)
- HG Virtue
- HG Nadleeh

How are Dynames and Kyrios? I haven't gotten around to getting them, but I plan on it next time I go to my local hobby store. Right now, the only 00 Gundam I have is Exia.

Astrana 2008-03-15 23:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by sx3 (Post 1463432)
haha i want the experience of making a PG, how much is it wherever you guys are for the PGs, over here in canada the PG RX-78 is about 180 and the PG Zeta is about 250

i am in canada too, but which city are u in dude, the price u listed is a bit too much

go to http://www.hobbywave.com/

it's a BC based company, flat ship rating to US and Canada.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LightningZERO (Post 1463437)
Speaking of the Jumbo grade, it's not a model kit right? I saw the boxart and it shows the already built Zeta

I am not too sure, but since it's a Jumbo Grade, I assume it's actually model

Quote:

it is a HG, never heard anything about FG nadleeh, plus Nadleeh is really plain. And i got all 4 gundams, still debating on getting nadleeh in april or not

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeesesGlokmah (Post 1463467)
How are Dynames and Kyrios? I haven't gotten around to getting them, but I plan on it next time I go to my local hobby store. Right now, the only 00 Gundam I have is Exia.

I liked them, Dynames is one of my favorite 00HG, kyrios is really nice too, except kind hard to stand with out action base cuz the back is bit heavy

ReverseFate 2008-03-15 23:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeesesGlokmah (Post 1463467)

I personally thought Dynames is the best of the four, and Kyrios was the worst, as it can hardly stand. But other than that, they are both quite nice.

MeesesGlokmah 2008-03-16 00:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Astrana (Post 1463473)
I liked them, Dynames is one of my favorite 00HG, kyrios is really nice too, except kind hard to stand with out action base cuz the back is bit heavy

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReverseFate (Post 1463477)
I personally thought Dynames is the best of the four, and Kyrios was the worst, as it can hardly stand. But other than that, they are both quite nice.

Thanks guys. I'll definitely make sure to get Dynames, and I'll also get Kyrios despite being hard to stand (I have a soft spot for anything that transforms). Out of all the models I have, 1/144 Exia is actually my favorite. I love the quality of the 00 HG 1/144 kits. To me, they are a big improvement over previous models (I don't have any Seed/Seed Destiny models, but compared to everything before Seed, 00 kits are amazing).

Astrana 2008-03-16 00:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeesesGlokmah (Post 1463513)
Thanks guys. I'll definitely make sure to get Dynames, and I'll also get Kyrios despite being hard to stand (I have a soft spot for anything that transforms). Out of all the models I have, 1/144 Exia is actually my favorite. I love the quality of the 00 HG 1/144 kits. To me, they are a big improvement over previous models (I don't have any Seed/Seed Destiny models, but compared to everything before Seed, 00 kits are amazing).

ya, i had 4 HGs from Stargazer. I was little bit worried about the quality when I saw the box of exia is quiet smaller than regular HGs, but the quality has really improved. Exia was my favorite untill I got Dynames hehehehe

duotiga 2008-03-16 00:14

quite surprise for me is Hg Flag kit is amazing also.....