AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   General Anime (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Spring 2011: Your Expectations and Anticipated Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=99880)

MisaoFan 2011-04-21 05:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheba (Post 3579731)
Denpa Onna: Skip the OP, the rest is enjoyable and Meme is hawt.

Why you don't like this opening, just because of the song or the animation ?

tera_ha 2011-05-16 23:39

Is it just me or this spring has a lot of good animes ?

i watch about 2-3 ongoing series every season but this season I am watching 10 lol :eyespin: , well 3 of them are regulars

well its a good thing, just wanted to know what everyone else think of this summer
Regulars -
one piece
naruto
fairy tail

this season-
AnoHana
Hanasaku Iroha
gintama
Deadman Wonderland
toriko
Sket Dance
Steins;Gate

RandySyler 2011-05-16 23:50

Supply and demand?

I honestly don't follow many new anime to be honest...actually I don't know any this year or last except Kore wa zombie desuka? and I only saw a few episodes of that (I prefer to watch anime consecutively after they end). But if they're really good, I guess I'll have to watch some of those when they get far enough along!

Vexx 2011-05-17 00:15

I always tell people that when they start a sentence "Is it just me...?" they should stop, preferably before they finish the sentence because many, many other people noticed it.

The series you mention are actually considered the "spring" season... summer will bring us the next season of Working! among other things.

totoum 2011-05-17 00:19

Title is a bit misleading because you're talking about the spring season,summer starts in July

But yeah,I havn't followed this much shows in years.

Hanasaku Iroha
Ano Hana
Deadman Wonderland
Ao no Exorcist
Stein Gate
Kaiji S2
Nichijou
a channel
Moshidora (taking it slowly,1 episode a day was just too much)

Quote:

Originally Posted by RandySyler (Post 3615298)
actually I don't know any this year or last except Kore wa zombie desuka? and I only saw a few episodes of that (I prefer to watch anime consecutively after they end). But if they're really good, I guess I'll have to watch some of those when they get far enough along!

So I guess this is the part where I tell you to watch Madoka Magica ;)

tera_ha 2011-05-17 00:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by RandySyler (Post 3615298)
Supply and demand?

I honestly don't follow many new anime to be honest...actually I don't know any this year or last except Kore wa zombie desuka? and I only saw a few episodes of that (I prefer to watch anime consecutively after they end). But if they're really good, I guess I'll have to watch some of those when they get far enough along!

thanks for correcting me totoum

@ randy . most animes this season can be considered above average. quality at average has improved a lot this season

OceanBlue 2011-05-17 00:27

I'd think I agree with you, considering how much I've said that this is among the best season in recent years, in my opinion.

HasuMasu 2011-05-17 00:39

Quote:

Title is a bit misleading because you're talking about the spring season,summer starts in July
*ahem**ahem*

summer starts in march

or does it :heh:

Vexx 2011-05-17 00:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Da_Box (Post 3615340)
*ahem**ahem*

summer starts in march

:) Summer is the period from the summer solstice to the autumn equinox.

Here is the thread for upcoming SUMMER season:
Summer 2011: Your Expectations and Anticipated Series
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=103099

Here is the thread that was started before the SPRING season (currently running)
Spring 2011: Your Expectations and Anticipated Series
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=99880

Programming in Japan typically follows the 4 seasons much more closely than programming in the US.

To answer the OP's question though...
I think the season is pretty good or at least on par with some prior spring seasons. I'm watching -
Hanasaku Iroha (really enjoying this one)
Kimi ni Todoke 2nd season (trapped and compelled to continue to the end)
Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko (quietly interesting)
Astarotte no Omocha! (meh... has its moments but probably forgettable)

Also Ore no Imouto's once a month web extended edition and the Fireball Charming shorts and still trying to finish up Hourou Musuko from last season.
If I absolutely am idling for anime, I'll watch a Nichijou episode but they just aren't catching me like Paniponidash did.

Kyuu 2011-05-17 00:51

I'm one of those "late comers", who doesn't care what's coming up - because - of a build up previously unwatched series. Only just now did I start up on Madoka, for example.

Vexx 2011-05-17 01:05

yeah, I have a nagging queue of series that date back to last year that I really should sit down and watch, so I hear that :P

Westlo 2011-05-17 09:30

It's the best season since Spring 2007 easily. (There has been shows I've liked better in other seasons, but as a whole this is a superior season, as of now)

larethian 2011-05-17 22:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Da_Box (Post 3615340)
*ahem**ahem*

summer starts in march

spring in Japan starts in April; so does the new school term.