AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Appel 2012-02-14 12:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 4005667)
Nothing is wrong with Prime92's reviews. I just follow her opinion and trust that it's good. So if she says it's ok, then I have to assume it's ok since I'm not into GunPla much and I prefer to go with Bandai since they're the creators and the ones that own the GunPla business ya know?

ah ok^^ the way you wrote that just made it sound like you wont buy it just because she said its ok XD my bad :P

personally i think it doesnt really hurt much to go with other companies as well. because if you dont you wont get all the stuff that you want^^
if you want certain models in certain scales you just have to go with resin models for example.

suiton629 2012-02-14 13:24

I'm just concerned about the quality of the plastic and I know that some companies like to use cheap plastics that is actually toxic ya know?

Appel 2012-02-14 15:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 4005764)
I'm just concerned about the quality of the plastic and I know that some companies like to use cheap plastics that is actually toxic ya know?

not really. models like that are usually made out of pure polystyrene because the stuff is incredibly cheap already. even ABS isnt that expensive. you might have some other residues on the plastic but in my experience that isnt the case with knock off kits.
there is an easy way to tell whether plastic is toxic or not: cheap plastic smells and feels a little sticky. good plastic doesnt smell at all and isnt one bit sticky.

the only real concern about quality that you should have about models like that is how well the pieces are molded because if the quality sucks in that regard you cant put the kit together all that well or pieces will break.

and really, even the cheap knock offs from asia are better than european model kits in terms of molding quality XD ive build a few revell models and their quality is terrible compared to bandai or even TT hongli :P the parts are almost always warped and the lining chanels look like someone cut them in with a butter knife...

suiton629 2012-02-14 15:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 4005879)
not really. models like that are usually made out of pure polystyrene because the stuff is incredibly cheap already. even ABS isnt that expensive. you might have some other residues on the plastic but in my experience that isnt the case with knock off kits.
there is an easy way to tell whether plastic is toxic or not: cheap plastic smells and feels a little sticky. good plastic doesnt smell at all and isnt one bit sticky.

the only real concern about quality that you should have about models like that is how well the pieces are molded because if the quality sucks in that regard you cant put the kit together all that well or pieces will break.

and really, even the cheap knock offs from asia are better than european model kits in terms of molding quality XD ive build a few revell models and their quality is terrible compared to bandai or even TT hongli :P the parts are almost always warped and the lining chanels look like someone cut them in with a butter knife...

But how is the quality of this BTF Full Saber add on thing...

Appel 2012-02-14 16:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 4005940)
But how is the quality of this BTF Full Saber add on thing...

according to prime92 its pretty good and close to bandai quality. only the manual sucks because its too complicated and she had to glue 2 pieces in place.

suiton629 2012-02-14 16:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 4005948)
according to prime92 its pretty good and close to bandai quality. only the manual sucks because its too complicated and she had to glue 2 pieces in place.

I guess then if I get it, I'll have a use for my Tamiya Extra Thin Cement? Glue it up, and then sand off the excess glue with the Tamiya metal file...`

Appel 2012-02-14 16:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 4005952)
I guess then if I get it, I'll have a use for my Tamiya Extra Thin Cement? Glue it up, and then sand off the excess glue with the Tamiya metal file...`

not really. its just two small pieces that need glue. a tiny bit of super glue or a very thin layer of cement would be enough so you dont need to file anything^^

duotiga 2012-02-14 18:48

my review is for the addon, overall fitting is quite tight , as for the full saber is really FULL Saber. you cant really play much compared to the HG ver

more of aesthetic look per say

suiton629 2012-02-14 18:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 4006140)
my review is for the addon, overall fitting is quite tight , as for the full saber is really FULL Saber. you cant really play much compared to the HG ver

Well I just plan on displaying them each on an Action Base with the MG kits with all their LED lights on...

The MG Exia will be turned into the Repair 1 form with the parts from my Ignition Mode version. That one I will put the red LED lights. =P

casval cehack 2012-02-15 00:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 4006140)

The HG version also needs some painting, based on your pic. Have you tried fitting the Full Saber on the 00?

duotiga 2012-02-15 00:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by casval cehack (Post 4006552)
The HG version also needs some painting, based on your pic. Have you tried fitting the Full Saber on the 00?

it cant be fitted to 00 for the MG ver

casval cehack 2012-02-15 10:08

I see. I'll probably get the HG version first to experiment.

I'm thinking of using the clear green parts of this pack to replace the HG Age-2 wings, making them Shiguru/Seagull blade like this:

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/2504/age2gn.jpg

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2012-02-15 15:08

Hey guys, I decided to buy the ‘blast’ add-on since I already have MG Strike Freedom. It cost me about $9. This ‘blast’ effects has some nice coloring and it’s also clear. Putting them on the kit is easy and they wont fall off. Still, once you done it, it will be a challenge to take’em off. For what it’s worth, I think it looks nice.

Oh well, now all I have to do is buy MG S Freedom FBM to complete the effects. Still, it’s a lot of money to spend just to get the ‘full burst’ effect XD.

Bonta Kun 2012-02-15 15:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 4007781)
Oh well, now all I have to do is buy MG S Freedom FBM to complete the effects. Still, it’s a lot of money to spend just to get the ‘full burst’ effect XD.

Frankly a stupid amount of money, really it's only for those with money to burn or for those that really really like Strike Freedom and would deem it nessary to get both ver....meaning ones with money to burn but tend to only stick a certain models but get loads of ver of it.

Got my Delta Plus today.....expect i can't build it cause my fingers are a mess atm!
Been doing alot of diy last couple of days and my hands are worked to the bone. Can barely hold any tools atm after effects hit me hard>_<

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2012-02-15 21:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonta Kun (Post 4007806)
Frankly a stupid amount of money, really it's only for those with money to burn or for those that really really like Strike Freedom and would deem it nessary to get both ver....meaning ones with money to burn but tend to only stick a certain models but get loads of ver of it.

You got a point there about money XD. Still, to be fair, I also can’t really blame those who like to concentrate on certain kits when they are really good to begin with (e.g. MG S Freedom, HG 00 Raiser, MG RX-78-2). It’s better to focus on the variation of those models than buying other random kits they don’t like. Nevertheless, I also think that collecting all of RX-78-2 MGs (which many modelers did) is pretty redundant :heh:. Still, when you have excess money to burn, why not? It’s better than buying packs of cigarettes every single day for a month imo XD.

And happy assembling the Delta Plus. Awaiting your pics ^_^.

duotiga 2012-02-16 01:43

MG Duel is out
http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10169371

& seems like the rifle cannot put beside the hip like the anime

a whole new manual look also

Appel 2012-02-16 10:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 4008458)
MG Duel is out
http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10169371

& seems like the rifle cannot put beside the hip like the anime

a whole new manual look also

i thought it was supposed to go on sale ont he 18th? :O oh well, the earlier the better i guess!^^

Chiu_fan 2012-02-16 10:54

An unpainted review by Hacchaka is available. Now I'm impressed by it. I'm surprised that they redesigned the rifle, I thought they would just re-use the ones that were from the Strike Noir. The Assault Shroud parts look kinda loose though.

Appel 2012-02-16 11:33

im a little worried right now... i pre-ordered the duel like 10 minutes after it was first listed on HLJ, they are low on stock already and i still havent gotten an order process confirmation ^^; i dont want to wait until its available again, that will be like 2 months from now! D=

DarkWarrior 2012-02-16 13:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 4009159)
im a little worried right now... i pre-ordered the duel like 10 minutes after it was first listed on HLJ, they are low on stock already and i still havent gotten an order process confirmation ^^; i dont want to wait until its available again, that will be like 2 months from now! D=

lol crap, I just ordered it like an hour ago. I guess I'm really screwed then if you haven't gotten confirmation yet. :heh:

suiton629 2012-02-16 14:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkWarrior (Post 4009317)
lol crap, I just ordered it like an hour ago. I guess I'm really screwed then if you haven't gotten confirmation yet. :heh:

At least the kit came out and you had the $ to get it.

I want you know what to come out and right now no cash to spend on GunPla...>_<

Appel 2012-02-16 14:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkWarrior (Post 4009317)

we will see how it goes^^ its like 4am in japan right now, maybe thats why we havent gotten a confirmation yet :P

suiton629 2012-02-16 14:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 4009342)
we will see how it goes^^ its like 4am in japan right now, maybe thats why we havent gotten a confirmation yet :P

Hope you're prepared in case they did run out and you were too late..lol..Then you have to import from elsewhere or you could just get it from Amazon, Gundam Guy, Ami Ami, iShop2Go, or eBay...

Appel 2012-02-16 14:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 4009359)
Hope you're prepared in case they did run out and you were too late..lol..Then you have to import from elsewhere or you could just get it from Amazon, Gundam Guy, Ami Ami, iShop2Go, or eBay...

i doubt that i was "too late", i ordered it on the same day when it first appeared as a pre-order item on HLJ weeks ago :P
and from amazon i cant order because i dont have a credit card, gginfinite is way too expensive for europeans and ordering from ebay is probably also very expensive and takes forever to arrive here at the same shipping costs. iship2go would be an alternative. and when i order from ami ami i would have to pick it up from the customs office which i REALLY want to avoid XD

suiton629 2012-02-16 15:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 4009364)
i doubt that i was "too late", i ordered it on the same day when it first appeared as a pre-order item on HLJ weeks ago :P
and from amazon i cant order because i dont have a credit card, gginfinite is way too expensive for europeans and ordering from ebay is probably also very expensive and takes forever to arrive here at the same shipping costs. iship2go would be an alternative. and when i order from ami ami i would have to pick it up from the customs office which i REALLY want to avoid XD

Like I said...at least be mentally prepared. =P

Appel 2012-02-16 16:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 4009397)
Like I said...at least be mentally prepared. =P

never! that would be like admitting defeat! ;D

suiton629 2012-02-16 16:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 4009489)

=D

That's the spirit! AhHAhaha

Just like how much I want you know what...muahahahahahaha~!!!LAS FJ:SDjgsdgk;dlkgd;!

rofl

duotiga 2012-02-16 17:03

They wld give priority to those Preorder so not to worry

suiton629 2012-02-16 17:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 4009546)

But to a certain extent... They don't have infinite supplies and Bandai can't make infinite supplies that fast... =P

Appel 2012-02-16 17:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 4009546)

yeah, im pretty sure that i will get my confirmation tomorrow^^
but im really glad that its in stock today already! if mine does get shipped it means that it will actually leave japan before the weekend and i might actually get it by wednesday if it arrives as quickly as my FA unicorn^^

suiton629 2012-02-16 17:18

Anyway, right now I still need to wait for you know what and I might get into the AGE series MG kits depending on what people like Prime92, StryderPrime, Vegeta8259, etc have to say about them...

maknaedik 2012-02-16 19:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 4009489)

That's the spirit and not stubbornness!

DarkWarrior 2012-02-16 21:32

Got my payment request from HLJ, so it looks like I'm good. :D Now I only have to wait 2-3 weeks, woohoo.

duotiga 2012-02-17 07:47

after seeing the reviews , what makes me curious for the MG Duel Assault Shroud is IF they ever build MG Blu Duel , i wonder how will it looks like

Appel 2012-02-17 10:07

woo mine left japan already^^ been worried for nothing once again :P i can be such a scaredy cat at times XD

@doutiga: that would be really interesting! personally id love to see more MGs from stargazer!

duotiga 2012-02-17 10:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 4010828)
woo mine left japan already^^ been worried for nothing once again :P i can be such a scaredy cat at times XD

@doutiga: that would be really interesting! personally id love to see more MGs from stargazer!

told you not to worry already :heh:

im curious for the pistol holster for blu duel as the HG ver looks fat & the knives holder replacement of the missile launcher & the most curious of all, the shield holder with the rail gun :eyespin:

maknaedik 2012-02-17 10:17

BAD NEWS! https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...74091435_n.jpg

The black on the knees aren't black parts apparently? DAMN! Pictures have fooled us!!

Also...

http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2012/0...-1-normal.html

I'm gonna miss the old multi colored A Plate T_T

suiton629 2012-02-17 10:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by maknaedik (Post 4010848)
BAD NEWS! https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...74091435_n.jpg

The black on the knees aren't black parts apparently? DAMN! Pictures have fooled us!!

Also...

http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2012/0...-1-normal.html

I'm gonna miss the old multi colored A Plate T_T

Official. Screw the AGE series MG kits. I was going to get it but they definitely went the lazy and cheap route and couldn't even give us parts for the black section on the knees?

WTF Bandai! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Appel 2012-02-17 10:52

wow, thats gonna be one hell of a boring MG!^^ they really did go the cheap way with that kit! not a single multicolored plate? jeez...

suiton629 2012-02-17 10:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 4010916)
wow, thats gonna be one hell of a boring MG!^^ they really did go the cheap way with that kit! not a single multicolored plate? jeez...

Right? And I bet the price is still going to be as high a an average MG. This is basically a big scale HG kit with inner frame and clear parts.