AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Manga (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   (L) D-Fragments (D-Frag) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=101392)

frubam 2011-01-26 21:49

D-Fragments (D-Frag)

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/a...am/02_000b.png

Author/Artist: Tomoya Haruno
Genre: Comedy, School Life, Seinen, Slice of Life

Synopsis: Kazama Kenji likes to believe he is something of a delinquent. Moreover, others seem to like to agree that he is. Of course, Kenji's gang finds their way to a group of four not-so-normal girls - Chitose, Sakura, Minami and Roka - and all at once, whatever reputation he may have, is nothing compared to the outrageous behaviour of the girls. Shanghaied into joining their club, the Game Creator club, what will happen to his everday life from that point on?

Been with this one for a while and since I'm starting to re-read Boku wa Tomodachi Sukunai, I thought I'd make a topic for those who didn't know about this. As the synopsis suggests, it's one of those "'normal' guy joins group of weird girls" type of stories. The focus of the chapters can be a bit scattered at times, but nonetheless, its quite hilarious =03. The manga REALLY reminds me of Seitokai Yakuindono and BwTnS in how the comedy is portrayed, but the characters are easily different enough to differentiate itself from them.

Spoiler for chap 14:

side note: The translation of the first 3 chapters may be a bit off to some, as I think it was a solo effort, but after that, it should be more than okay.

2H-Dragon 2011-01-26 21:53

Yup it can get confusing at times, but it's a pretty charming series. It's mostly the characters that do it for me. Can't think of a character I don't like.

Johnny 2011-01-26 22:01

Came across this the other day. As you said the earlier chapters seem somewhat off, but it gets better. The last few chapters were the best so far...

frubam 2011-01-26 22:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny (Post 3457599)
Came across this the other day. As you said the earlier chapters seem somewhat off, but it gets better. The last few chapters were the best so far...

Indeed. The more serious moments are actually pretty good, even though most of them are either in between or smack dab in the middle of some comedic moment(s).

Irenicus 2011-01-26 22:40

Ah, frubam, always making threads for manga I also like but too lazy to do so myself.

I guess I'll have to rep you as thanks for all the hard work. :p

D-Frag's an interesting piece, I'd say. It keeps surprising me above my expectations, which started out pretty low, and is getting higher. The serious scenes for example don't feel tagged on even if they're actually pretty silly in content. The mangaka sure knows how to carry the right tone.

And of course the characters are likable. Rather, I'd say they're getting more likable since I started out with plenty of reservations about the club members' personalities.

Bonta Kun 2011-02-02 14:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irenicus (Post 3457642)
Ah, frubam, always making threads for manga I also like but too lazy to do so myself.

lol yea I was gonna make a thread for this ages ago(after chapter 2 came out I think:p) cause this is one of my current favorites, glad some people aren't as lazy as me!

I have to agree that this does start on a odd note more than anything else and tbh not really great in any way but yea very charming and does get better as it goes on, altho I did love it from the get go.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irenicus (Post 3457642)
And of course the characters are likable. Rather, I'd say they're getting more likable since I started out with plenty of reservations about the club members' personalities.

+1

I also had reservations about the club members as well especially the STC Pres but you know what they all surprised me, they are all very likable indeed.

My favorite character tho is Takao, yea there are obvious reasons but I really do love her character even if she may seem abit too tsundere. She is a great balance I think pretty tsundere but not too far gone she becomes unbearable.

I like Kazama alot, he's cool. He may get dragged into the girl's paces but he isn't completely at the mercy or pathetic towards them.

Oh and helps that Roka is all jealous of any girl getting close to him:D

Always looking forward to seeing more from this series.

jzmagic 2011-03-11 23:52

I just started reading this, but it's hard to get some of the humor since the translations are a bit poor.

cyberdemon 2011-03-12 03:16

:eek: I can't decide between Roka and Takao! They're just so adorable!

Kleeyook 2011-03-12 07:20

Takao is the best, or at least the most sane for me. :p

d-one 2011-03-12 10:06

Oh god, I never knew someone make this thread here.

Thanks for reading it. As the scanlator member, I really happy that you guys like it.

And sorry for the long delay from chapter 16 since most of the staff get hook with other things like real life and Madoka

Kleeyook 2011-03-12 13:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by d-one (Post 3528504)
Oh god, I never knew someone make this thread here.

Thanks for reading it. As the scanlator member, I really happy that you guys like it.

And sorry for the long delay from chapter 16 since most of the staff get hook with other things like real life and Madoka

Oh Madoka! How I love that deconstruction of mahou shoujo anime! I guess is everyone in that series will die horrible deaths! :p

Irenicus 2011-03-13 04:45

Looks like Funabori is the new woobie for the author and the other characters to chew on.

I approve.

Quote:

Originally Posted by d-one (Post 3528504)
Thanks for reading it.

Thank you for scanlating it.

frubam 2011-05-07 19:47

Spoiler for chp 20/21:

Bonta Kun 2011-05-07 20:40

I had guessed what the outcome of this would be and when Kazuma said he take care of the pouch, it just confirmed it all, abit predictable but still great to read.
I love how Roka is with Kazuma, her jealously or wanting attention from him is great to see but Takeo is still my favorite.

I think my favorite part was the whole luck thing, just very very funny:heh:

Love how the author handles background characters, instead of all looking like generic characters he mixes them up, the most unlikely of crowds.

I look forward to seeing this new bunch of characters and when we finally get to see Kazama's sister.

TAMA-CHAN~ HANG IN THERE!:heh:

Irenicus 2011-05-08 06:26

I don't know what's going on except it was all incredibly GAR. Everybody's so dandy, even the weird shadowy rivals at the end.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonta Kun (Post 3603566)
TAMA-CHAN~ HANG IN THERE!:heh:

That was d'awww.

Quote:

Originally Posted by frubam
Funabori is being/dressing as a [angel]nurse.

That was even more HNNNNGGGG-

Although the poor thing doesn't stand a chance against the game club presidents' duo, lol. Kazama's way too dense for her type of gentle, quiet love.

Irenicus 2011-05-09 00:34

Ch 22 came out real fast.

The chapter, you could say,

It's poppin'!

YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHH-

Spoiler for lol:

Bonta Kun 2011-05-09 08:57

lol that was bloody hilarious, I've never such a odd reason for students to be called for a teacher/student meeting:heh:

Takao she's the source of all the boob envy, thats my Takao for ya!:D

You know the thing with the Takao bullying is, it makes you love Takao cause of it but at same time you don't really want it to stop cause it never really goes over the top.

I really do love how the author handles the other students, even if they just appear once ro twice they feel like part of the cast, pretty good going there.
There reason for doing the "pop~ped zipper" were just too funny:heh:

The small flashback did indeed have some great jokes, particularly the face and name ones.

Oh and YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHH for Takao at the end, the dere~!!!:love:

p.s this school has got some of the best male teachers you will see, so dandy!:heh:

Silaqui 2011-05-09 13:44

Roka or Takao? Roka or Takao? Roka or Takao? Arghh... I can't decide! :D

Xacual 2011-05-14 17:35

After chapter 23, please Kazama recognize that Takao likes you already! Though to be honest did she herself in this chapter finally realize it too? It seemed that way at the end.

Irenicus 2011-05-14 18:00

Takao? Takao! :kisskiss:

She's so irresistible in this chapter. :love:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonta Kun
Oh and YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHH for Takao at the end, the dere~!!!

It just got even better!

2H-Dragon 2011-05-14 18:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xacual (Post 3612583)
After chapter 23, please Kazama recognize that Takao likes you already! Though to be honest did she herself in this chapter finally realize it too? It seemed that way at the end.

I thought Takao knew from that start that she herself liked Kazama? What made you think otherwise?

Xacual 2011-05-14 18:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2H-Dragon (Post 3612622)
I thought Takao knew from that start that she herself liked Kazama? What made you think otherwise?

To be honest I'm not sure. I always just felt like she didn't notice herself the way she was acting yet still wanting to hang around him. I mean she didn't even notice she was being jealous until after the fact here.

Another chapter and we're introduced to Kazama's little sister that no one knew existed! Funny how they all identified her after touching her hair.

Bonta Kun 2011-05-15 18:52

Ch 23

Takao~!!!!

Mai lovable Takao~ gets even more lovable!

Kenji you lucky bastard!

ch 24

Finally get to see Kenji's imouto!

There is surprisingly alot to comment on in this chapter.

first how the gang id her just by touching her hair.

"So this firmness runs in the family~(Although I didn't touch it)":heh:

"Unkempt hair!?"

Tsukkomi, a Kazuma famliy trait!

And Takao once again show how amazing she is:D

and finally "Onii-chan~!" strong in this one, the moe is.

God I love this series, bloody hilarious lol!

Xacual 2011-05-15 19:20

Have you guys seen the Takabondo chapter? A glimpse of Takao's home life with her sisters and mom. It came out a while ago but it's not on any reader sites so I hadn't read it until last night when I saw it listed on mangaupdates.

Von Himmel 2011-05-16 07:55

Thank you for scanlating it decchi ;_;
Anyway, someone kept forcing me to read this manga once, but then I understand why he likes it so much :P There's too much random here and there, but it keeps entertaining me :heh: Not to mention that all the girls are pretty much likable too :heh:

oDin01 2011-05-16 16:37

Count me as a fan of the manga. I'm not a big fan of the gag genre but the romantic subplot keeps me coming back for more. The Takao x Kenji chapters are always my favorite. I'm glad that Takao is getting more screen time. I thought she was just a running gag in the beginning but she really is the best character in the manga.

Silaqui 2011-05-16 16:59

I couldn't stop laughing at the last page of chapter 24. That was simply hillarious. "He bought the most expensive ice cream for me." :D

Silaqui.

Xacual 2011-05-16 21:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silaqui (Post 3614924)
I couldn't stop laughing at the last page of chapter 24. That was simply hillarious. "He bought the most expensive ice cream for me." :D

Silaqui.

Yeah the last two pages of the chapter were my favorite. Especially Kazama and Noe's faces on the last page when she told him she went to his club.

frubam 2011-05-17 15:28

Gosh, has there ever been a time where SO many random nobodies are just freggin' awesome!? Letting Kazuma go ahead to buy the game so he can catch up to Takao was very considerate.

Takao has really been making me love her the most :). I liked Sakura the most after chap 13, with Roka in close second. I liked Takao, but not to the degree you guys did, but now, I'm starting to convert. She was just too damn lovable in chap 23. It definitely helps that Kazama is such a great male lead, being more concerned about Takao's health at the end despite his gripes.

side note: I absolutely LOVE the way the mangaka draws the girls' smiles really 'curvy', they are SOO CUTE :love:! They draw them like that in Denpa Onno Seishun Otoko too(specifically Meme).
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/a...allery-001.jpg
Imagine this is Takao =03.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xacual (Post 3613854)
Have you guys seen the Takabondo chapter? A glimpse of Takao's home life with her sisters and mom. It came out a while ago but it's not on any reader sites so I hadn't read it until last night when I saw it listed on mangaupdates.

Indeed =03. I actually forgot all about that until chap 23, so I went back to re-read it. That was a hilarious short indeed =03. Takao's mom's quibble about how Takao had gotten her FABULOUS genes(with the arrows to denote it :heh:) really made my day.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo-chin (Post 3613831)
and finally "Onii-chan~!" strong in this one, the moe is.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silaqui (Post 3614924)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xacual (Post 3615183)
Yeah the last two pages of the chapter were my favorite. Especially Kazama and Noe's faces on the last page when she told him she went to his club.

YES indeed, I really like how their relationship is really close with each other despite him being a 'delinquent'. I had thought of her being a bit of a nag after she was mentioned in chap 15(?). The 'dere force is strong on her :heh:. Even before she mentioned her name, she reminded me of the "N"s of brotherly love; Nao(Oniichan KoNaZen) and Noa(Oniichan Control). Ironically, her name is Noe :heh:.

Darknemo2000 2011-05-17 23:55

Takao really reminds me Eri from School Rumble and Hina from Hayate, because seemingly second-role character goes in and takes one of the leading roles.

And yeah, Kazuma X Takao scenes are always the best. He has more chemistry with her than with Roka.

frubam 2011-05-18 10:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darknemo (Post 3616616)
Takao really reminds me Eri from School Days and Hina from Hayate, because seemingly second-role character goes in and takes one of the leading roles.

You mean School Rumble :heh:?

Von Himmel 2011-05-18 10:30

Quote:

Takao really reminds me Eri from School Days and Hina from Hayate, because seemingly second-role character goes in and takes one of the leading roles.

And yeah, Kazuma X Takao scenes are always the best. He has more chemistry with her than with Roka.
That might be that, but there's also the possibility that her characters haven't been developed well until the current chapter so her chemistry with Kazama is still...inferior compared to Takao

frubam 2011-05-18 10:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Von Himmel (Post 3617274)
That might be that, but there's also the possibility that her[Roka?] characters haven't been developed well until the current chapter so her chemistry with Kazama is still...inferior compared to Takao

If you are indeed talking referring to Roka up there, I get what you are saying. Like I just said above, I really liked Sakura after chap 13, which was the chapter that those two spent some quality time together. The same thing happened with Takao. Although I generally like most of the chars very much, it's these moments with Kazama X girl that really bring out the girl's personality, as opposed to being supplement to some other char's jokes all the time(I'm certainly not looking down on those moments mind you). Perhaps when Roka gets her chance, it's possible we'll see something out of her we haven't seen yet.

Now that I think about it, she did mention about that pouch, which I thought was just some stupid gag thing. I wonder if there's some kind of meaning in Kazama taking care of it? What does it actually represent that would make Roka so happy? I'm curious to see if that is the only one she has, as it may just have some kind of sentimental value to her.

Xacual 2011-05-18 11:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by frubam (Post 3617308)
If you are indeed talking referring to Roka up there, I get what you are saying. Like I just said above, I really liked Sakura after chap 13, which was the chapter that those two spent some quality time together. The same thing happened with Takao. Although I generally like most of the chars very much, it's these moments with Kazama X girl that really bring out the girl's personality, as opposed to being supplement to some other char's jokes all the time(I'm certainly not looking down on those moments mind you). Perhaps when Roka gets her chance, it's possible we'll see something out of her we haven't seen yet.

Now that I think about it, she did mention about that pouch, which I thought was just some stupid gag thing. I wonder if there's some kind of meaning in Kazama taking care of it? What does it actually represent that would make Roka so happy? I'm curious to see if that is the only one she has, as it may just have some kind of sentimental value to her.

We know it's not the only one she has since she has been seen to do multiple pouch attacks at once.

Darknemo2000 2011-05-18 12:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by frubam (Post 3617259)
You mean School Rumble :heh:?

Yeah, my bad. School Rumble it is.

Quote:

Originally Posted by frubam (Post 3617308)

I think that particular scene was done more to raise Takao's jealousy rather than point at the development between Roka and Kazama.

Von Himmel 2011-06-03 08:08

Chapter 25 is out---
....Wait, I don't understand this chapter at all o.o;

d-one 2011-06-03 09:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Von Himmel (Post 3637345)
Chapter 25 is out---
....Wait, I don't understand this chapter at all o.o;

The point is Hachi and Ataru wants to stuck their head into Kenji's bag because:
Hachi: Want to feel Roka's pouch
Ataru: He is maso

Funabori is just a victim :heh:

Bonta Kun 2011-06-03 17:31

LOL my god ch 25 was hilarious!

I never actually thought that wanting to stick one's head into a school bag could be so funny, the thought of such a thing just kinda rings "meh" to me but when Funabori showed up dear god!

Seems my Takao, has some real competition for favorite character now, "HNNNNGGGHHHH" indeed!

oh and lol at Roka's reasons for disliking Hachi:heh:

Darknemo2000 2011-06-03 23:26

Yeah, it was too silly to be funny. Without Takao this manga is kind of not all that great...

Xacual 2011-06-04 22:08

Chapter 26 was great, so the mystery woman was Takao's mother! Also nice to see that Noe is taking part in this arc, I was afraid she'd only appear every so often.