AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   One Piece (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   One Piece Licenced [Merged: 4] (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=15125)

Oddity 2004-06-08 10:59

One Piece Licenced [Merged: 2]

here is the official statement

http://www.4kidsentertainment.com/do.../2004-0608.pdf

it's on the 1st paragraph!!!!

:( :( :( :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Sira 2004-06-08 11:02

Licenses...

;_;

4Kids Entertainment announced today that they have acquired the hit anime series One Piece for domestic distribution. Additionally, according to the latest press release, One Piece will air on the Fox Box this fall. Source: GATV

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/

Jn183 2004-06-08 11:06

Fark..and it got to be 4kids too.

Oddity 2004-06-08 11:10

this is going to suck, i mean sure funimation would have been bad, but this is the worst thing ev4r. i wonder if kaizoku will sub it still or not.

hi no ken Jebus 2004-06-08 11:14

of all people

this blows all kinds of things and they dont believe in subs and original japanese language track for their dvds. and i shudder to think what will become of episodes like don krieg vs. luffy how they will get the pokemon censoring treatment.

Jn183 2004-06-08 11:15

It's ok.. 4kid screw up Shaman king but I heard Funi got teh right to do teh Dvd release for Shaman king and it will go uncut. So hopefully same goes with One Piece.

Btw, when Luffy bleed or Zoro we see water. That's is somethign to look forward to. :(

hi no ken Jebus 2004-06-08 11:25

pretty much

just about or they will use filler or loop certain clips to avoid showing it. i only hope someone competent handles the dvds. i dont mind it licensed but if the dvds are botched then we go to war.

bobofet 2004-06-08 12:39

thank god i read the manga, otherwise i'd be pretty pissed by now
well im sure there will be some new group springing up to continue OP work...maybe even kf under a new alias or something

Hobbes 2004-06-08 12:44

Wow... that is pretty lame - why did 4Kids have to pick up the series? Well, I guess we can say good bye to One Piece :twitch:

Komataguri 2004-06-08 13:40

How come Kiddie companies pick up anime that is really not ment for kiddies, then edit it to hell and high water to make it suitable for kiddies?

Someone, please smash my scrotum with a hammer. That will be less painful then a 4kids release.

|)arK_Nin 2004-06-08 13:53

wuts really good wit this

Nine Devil 2004-06-08 13:56

Oh nooooooooooooooooooooo! This sucks big time, damn!

Avi 2004-06-08 14:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jn183
It's ok.. 4kid screw up Shaman king but I heard Funi got teh right to do teh Dvd release for Shaman king and it will go uncut. So hopefully same goes with One Piece.

Btw, when Luffy bleed or Zoro we see water. That's is somethign to look forward to. :(

we can only hope for Funi to do so.
But, what we will rly on, is the subs :D .. evenif K-F Stop...There.. has.. to be a Way...

Water? Thats ghey :(

Kamen Rider H 2004-06-08 14:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oddity
i wonder if kaizoku will sub it still or not.

They will. They were fan-subbing One Piece during the time when most people thought that FUNimation had the licence for One Piece.

Domasai 2004-06-08 14:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by |)arK_Nin
wuts really good wit this

Damn. I just thought of another problem with this. Are they gonna let Smoker....um, smoke? I mean, they don't want impressionable children watching something with a guy puffing away at cigars, do they? But they have to put something in his mouth or he'll look like a bad Elvis impersonator. Hmm...Twizzler sticks? Twix? A Snickers bar?

pathyfinder 2004-06-08 14:53

I'm officially giving up liking any anime any more....all my fav's get licenced :sad:

*i'm going back into the closet*

whatever123 2004-06-08 15:10

R.I.P original onepiece anime that was in animesuki, hope K-F continue to sub your episodes, you will always be discussed in animesuki forum.

good news for kids they will have a new show "roughy the king of pirate hunters" hope all 5 years old enjoy it.

OFFSPRiNGCo16 2004-06-08 15:20

I really hope the subs continue. I wont really care much if they do. Gotta live with this though....fussing about it wont change it.

Lexander 2004-06-08 15:26

... ohhh god ... foxbox? That doesn't sound good.

K-F hosts the manga on their bots... I don't think they're gonna worry about the license too much.

... wow ... this is just good news either way ... *sigh* ...

I hope they ruin it so much that noone watches it and they take it off the air.

Kaoru 2004-06-08 15:31

Funny thing about this is that I was just talking about OP to my family yesterday and how cool/great/awesome it was and that it'll be coming to the states sometime in the future... Then this happens. :heh:

*I didn't say anything I swear* :eek:

The fact that Funi will release uncut DVDs of 4kids shows is the only thing keeping me from hitting the bottom right now.
At least we'll get to see mass merchandising! :thinker: One Piece b-day parties and Usopp shirts and Zoro sneakers!

I just hope that Bandai gets the toy license and not Mattel. :uhoh:

Sanji and Smoker with toothpicks. :sad:

As quoted by Zac-san from ANN, "I'm wailing about 4Kids getting this series, since I do love it so, but I hold out hope that an uncut version will find its way here a'la Card Captor Sakura.

Otherwise I shall join Roof and Sunkist on board the Goling Melly."

:D