AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Kashimashi (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Kashimashi Episode 7 Discussion/Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=29317)

Catgirls 2006-02-24 14:08

Kashimashi Episode 7 Discussion/Poll

Welcome to this week's Episode of Kashimashi ~Girl Meets Girl~.

Thread Guidelines
  • No telling or asking for RAWs.
  • Try to keep Manga spoilers out of the anime thread. If you need to in reply to someone with a reference to the Manga, either PM them or use Spoiler tags (see example below).
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if not aired.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Try to keep the discussion on topic and future episode spoilers out of the thread whenever possible.

Spoiler Tag Usage

Using Spoiler Tags is easy. Using this...

[spoiler=Hazumu and Yasuna]Hazumu and Yasuna are both men.[/spoiler]

....will get you this...

Spoiler for Hazumu and Yasuna:

Srin Tuar 2006-02-24 14:52

I liked this episode, because Im one of those types who always hopes for the hopeless guy who's trynig to break up the Yuriness of Yuri shows.

(yes, i know full well he's destined to lose, yet I cant help but cheer for Asuta)
Spoiler:

zalas 2006-02-24 15:08

I have to say that this beach episode has a lot more substance than I was expecting. Past "beach" type episodes from other shows have been disappointing, but this one had just the right mix of comedy and drama to be mildly interesting.

Catgirls 2006-02-24 15:39

Oh my...I nearly fell out of my seat dying from laughter at this scene (animated GIF and a few other images...do not view if you haven't seen Episode #7):
Spoiler for GIF and other images for Episode 7:
There were too many funny "visual" moments in this episode to count. I look forward to the sub so that I can understand a bit more of the salient verbal substance.

zalas 2006-02-24 17:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catgirls
Spoiler for GIF and other images for Episode 7:
There were too many funny "visual" moments in this episode to count. I look forward to the sub so that I can understand a bit more of the salient verbal substance.

Spoiler for Yasuna's problem and speculation:

Catgirls 2006-03-02 16:39

Episode #7 has been subbed. Go grab it. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...sc/catgirl.gif

-> http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=29534

Akuma-sama 2006-03-03 16:00

Argh, audio quality is awful in that sub, I'm DEFINITELY getting Doremi's version.

This episode made me crack up repeatedly, even though Alien-san had me wincing all over the place (and btw, you owe the pair of eyes that burned from my skull for that gif, catgirls).
Poor Asuta... and Hazumu really doesn't seem to notice he likes her now... talk about clueless.
Or maybe Hazumu's being a tease on purpose... *starts working up all kinds of theories, then wipes them out of his mind with mindbleach*
Scores a full 10, especially with that ending :D Yazuri (Yasuna/Hazumu/Tomari) for the win!

Sorrow-K 2006-03-03 18:08

I'm dreading that they were so quick to write Asuta out of the equation, because his interesting in Hazumu could have been really interesting down the track if there ended up being 3 competing parties.

Before that point though, I loved the way they worked Asuta in this episode. Nothing worse than getting mixed signals, so I really found him easy to sympathize with.
Spoiler:

The comedy in this episode was pretty good as well. I was starting to worry from the last episodes that the comedy was going on life support, but numerous moments in this episode has me loling.

Overall Kashimashi's still proving to be a surprisingly interesting fare. And, is it just me, or does Hazumu have the biggest rack? Oh, the irony.

riznar 2006-03-03 19:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorrow-K
Overall Kashimashi's still proving to be a surprisingly interesting fare. And, is it just me, or does Hazumu have the biggest rack? Oh, the irony.

I think that's a rule of these gender bending shows.

Though I often forget that this is one, because Hazumu always registered as female to me.

Eclipze 2006-03-03 22:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorrow-K
I'm dreading that they were so quick to write Asuta out of the equation, because his interesting in Hazumu could have been really interesting down the track if there ended up being 3 competing parties.

Heh, this anime isn't called Kashimashi ~girl meets girl~ for nothing.:)

Circular Logic 2006-03-04 04:13

This series really gives me the creeps.

Pellissier 2006-03-04 04:36

This episode, while still enjoyable, recorded a step behind if compared to the previous ones. Light comedy, cliched gags and situations (the trip at the sea).
Asuta's story was interesting, although I don't understand if his love for Hazumu has arisen now that "he" became a "she", or if it was already latent (yeah, in yaoish way). Sure this series is gender-confusing :eyespin: :heh:
About this, I don't think I would fall in love with my best male friend if he was turned into a girl. I mean, in my head, I would still consider him as a male, as he was for all of those years. That's why I'd see as more homosexual an eventual Asuta+Hazumu relationship (which won't happen, btw, according to what episode 7 told us), than the whole triangle Hazumu+Tomari+Yasuna - I still see them as two girls over one guy, as it was in the first place. But it is still yuri admittedly, it's not that I'm denying it, just trying to make some sense over all this :heh:

^ Meh, so confusing :eyespin:

Best Moment of the episode:

Spoiler:

And also that confession Tomari made to Yasuna at the very end ("I like Hazumu too"). Yasuna didn't look so much surprised, she knew that already, didn't she? :)
This last sequence made me decide for a 7 as rate for this episode (I was unsure with a 6) ;)

BBOvenGuy 2006-03-04 13:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pellissier
Asuta's story was interesting, although I don't understand if his love for Hazumu has arisen now that "he" became a "she", or if it was already latent (yeah, in yaoish way). Sure this series is gender-confusing :eyespin: :heh:

In the manga, Asuta admits to himself that if Hazumu had been a girl from the beginning, he would have fallen for her. I haven't seen the subbed version of Ep7 yet - doesn't he say something similar in it?

iamtetsuo 2006-03-07 15:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBOvenGuy
In the manga, Asuta admits to himself that if Hazumu had been a girl from the beginning, he would have fallen for her. I haven't seen the subbed version of Ep7 yet - doesn't he say something similar in it?

Yes he says "He stole my heart long ago" or something along that line.

Wow another great episode! I didn't mind the cliches it was nice to have a "breather" episode especially after episode 6. I'm also a sucker for comedy so this was great. Not to say that there wasn't some good story in here as well, and after that last scene something tells me episode 8 is going to be a doozy!

Also I agree sound quality of GNU's sub was bad. Not as bad as episode 6 but still noticable, especially during the theme songs. Very noticable if you play your sound over a nice stereo system like I do. Also again the video quality wasn't that great either. While there weren't any artifacts everything looked a little blurry.

Sian 2006-03-07 15:53

Pellissier : remember that Hazumu have never been anything close to the steriotypic machoguy ... not even remotely ... Hazumu have been that girlish that it is easy (at least for me) to get the thought that he before the genderchange was a female trapped in a male body

gnuffiehot 2006-03-07 18:03

Wow, episode 7 was okay. I like the funny parts a lot ^_^ Especially Sora Sensei was great for a laugh.

About the GNU release, I'm sorry >.> We're a beginners group and problems were bound to arrise. We're improving the audio for episode 8. The deal with the video quality was mainly because of the sucky raw we used. We don't have a raw provider, so hence another problem >.> We've found an okay episode 8 raw though.

Catgirls 2006-03-07 18:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by gnuffiehot
About the GNU release, I'm sorry >.> We're a beginners group and problems were bound to arrise. We're improving the audio for episode 8. The deal with the video quality was mainly because of the sucky raw we used. We don't have a raw provider, so hence another problem >.> We've found an okay episode 8 raw though.

Hey no worries. :) We really do thank you for your hard work and the time you spend sharing your work with us.

Thanks. Cheers. :)

iamtetsuo 2006-03-07 19:44

Just trying to provide some helpfull criticism! (Did I mention that there was a grammer error as well... subtitles for Asuta read "tell me you feelings" at ~18:56) ;)
I do appreciate the speed with which you guys get the episodes out! Heres to improvements for episode 8!

LOL "And apologize to all the wives in the world who wear an apron!"

KaneDragon 2006-03-08 17:54

Regarding those two random beach guys: One would think that Hazumu's face would pretty famous, considering that it was broadcast freakin internationally...:rolleyes:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catgirls
Hahah!! And I love their reaction shot here:

- http://i1.tinypic.com/oh95s4.jpg

Yasuna's reaction was cute. Just as amusing, though, is Ayuki's admiring stare when Sora turns around. XD
I don't think they'll be calling him old-fashioned anymore. Well, besides those two, anyway...

Whenever I try to take screenshots, though, the part containing the video comes up black, and VDub won't open h264 files, so no pic. :(

iamtetsuo 2006-03-08 18:10

I use a mac + VLC + the Screenshot Plus widget and I have no problems. :)

For instance:
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...reenshot_3.jpg

TOMARI KICK! :heh: