AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Ore no Imouto (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=103)
-   -   Ore no Imouto - DVD/BD Exclusive Content Discussion (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=100087)

Pellissier 2010-12-28 10:19

Ore no Imouto - DVD/BD Exclusive Content Discussion

This thread is meant to discuss special contents that are exclusive of the DVD/BD releases of Ore no Imouto (such as animated commentaries). You may also speculate about content that may be coming on future releases.

Additional episodes are not included in the above list, since they'll have their own space when they'll come out.

Rungelunge 2010-12-28 15:22

Thanks for the thread!
It's the first time I see Animated Commentaries like these from Oreimo. I really liked this part from the first one.

LOL It's just the thing I was waiting to see in the series itself, I also love the seiyuu's great work from both Kirino and her brother.
SD Kuroneko was cute, too. And Kirino interviewing herself was interesting.

Can't wait for Ayase in the next one.

DeX-kun 2010-12-28 16:11

Did anyone notice how they teased a second season as well? :heh: Man, I really hope they decide to make a 2nd season considering how much content they need to cover. I enjoyed the series for what it was but it was certainly lacking to say the least. Although it has shown great potential.

DingoEnderZOE2 2010-12-29 07:47

I'm honestly surprised there isn't more discussion here going on about this. As far as I'm concerned I can easily watch this content to tide me over until the additional episodes come out.

karice67 2010-12-29 10:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by DingoEnderZOE2 (Post 3413038)
I'm honestly surprised there isn't more discussion here going on about this. As far as I'm concerned I can easily watch this content to tide me over until the additional episodes come out.

Time-wise, I really can't commit to longer discussions at present.

But @Pellissier, thanks for the thread!

Quick comments
  • I love how it's not just going along with the episode, but the commentators can fast-forward and rewind it to talk about the parts they like.
  • The "nice ass" comment cracks me up (♥s Yuukyan)
  • the meta is great (e.g. when Kyousuke points out how crazy they are, a brother and sister playing eroge together - with Kuroneko following up in the 2nd ep; and then when Kyousuke notes that the whole mess started because of his careless remark, when he was really thinking "I don't really care")
  • Kyousuke fanboying Ayase (hm...really reminds me of Araragi wrt Hanekawa...)

Duckys 2010-12-29 15:23

The commentary does spoil the unreleased episodes in a way... considering what Kuroneko says in the second episode commentary.

Suzuku 2011-01-02 12:14

^ Which line are you talking about?

karice67 2011-01-02 18:16

^
If you don't know, then maybe it's better not to ask? I think it'd be fun to to watch the unaired episodes without knowing. :heh:

Suzuku 2011-01-02 18:53

Uh, I know what happens in the novels later already, I just don't know what line of Kuroneko's he's talking about. I already transfered the file to a separate harddrive so I'm too lazy to get it and sit through 15 minutes of talking again to find one line. ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌

karice67 2011-01-02 19:05

Right then...
Spoiler for later ep spoiler:

Guardian Enzo 2011-01-03 22:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by DingoEnderZOE2 (Post 3413038)

My thoughts as well. That DVD commentary segment was one of the best extras I've seen in ages.

totoum 2011-01-05 13:13

Some quotes:

Kuroneko:

Quote:

I am the heroine of this anime Kuroneko
Damn right you are!

Quote:

I command thee,submit your frail body to my hipnotic whispers,and become my devoted slave

Where do I sign up?

Taketatsu Ayana:

Quote:

I guess I feel she's (Kirino) very honest with her feelings
:twitch:

Really?

Guardian Enzo 2011-01-05 20:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by totoum (Post 3423570)
Some quotes:

Kuroneko:

Damn right you are!

Where do I sign up?

Not to mention:

Quote:

That's like wanting to lick yourself.
:heh:

karice67 2011-01-05 22:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo (Post 3424149)
Not to mention:
Quote:

That's like wanting to lick yourself.
:heh:

I didn't really want to bring it up, but this is another example of the translator inserting his/her sense of humour. Kuroneko is blunt and rude...but she's not someone who would say that kind of thing with a straight face. In this case, she's merely noting that "It just sounds like you're praising yourself" - not as funny, but truer to Kuroneko's character IMHO.

Guardian Enzo 2011-01-05 23:28

I don't know the subtleties of the language well enough to judge the translation, but I could absolutely see Kuroneko saying that with a straight face.

DingoEnderZOE2 2011-01-06 02:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by karice67 (Post 3424348)
I didn't really want to bring it up, but this is another example of the translator inserting his/her sense of humour. Kuroneko is blunt and rude...but she's not someone who would say that kind of thing with a straight face. In this case, she's merely noting that "It just sounds like you're praising yourself" - not as funny, but truer to Kuroneko's character IMHO.

They also up the slang and the swearing in their translations....

Arkard 2011-02-03 14:42

Ep. 4's commentary... poor Kyousuke, Ayase finally shows up and he's no where in sight. Was hilarious to see the two versions of her after that he lied to help Kirino though.

Duckys 2011-02-05 04:17

And again they reveal stuff that was never mentioned inside the anime.

Spoiler for Saori:

Guardian Enzo 2011-02-14 02:09

That Ayase vs. Ayase commentary was a very sly way of pointing out that's a borderline psychopath.

GreatTeacherKen 2011-02-21 22:29

This commentary is quite funny (though any spoiler sensitive viewers might want to be careful before watching this as it does feature some novel spoilers) and breaks the fourth wall in such memorably mind-bending ways, Ayase when she's first introduced vs Ayase after episode 5, Kirino interviewing her own seiyuu, etc.

I also like how the nicest girls in the series, Manami and Saori, get along really well even though they've never met in the anime.