AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Madoka Magica (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   Madoka Magica - Character Discussion - Miki Sayaka (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=100966)

monir 2011-01-16 23:07

Madoka Magica - Character Discussion - Miki Sayaka

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Miki Sayaka related.
http://c.imagehost.org/0641/Miki-Sayaka-150avy.gif
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Madoka Magica fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specifics (i.e. episode, chapter, game, etc. discussion) there are other threads for that stuff.
Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whinging and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.
  • Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel.
  • Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.
  • Use Spoiler tags!
    Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.
    • Adding a Spoiler tag:
      http://forums.animesuki.com/images/a...al/spoiler.gifJust highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms. Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
    • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
      http://forums.animesuki.com/images/a...ons/report.gifClick the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar. Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators to locate and deal with problems quickly.
    • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
      Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly. The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

HitoriTomoyo 2011-01-17 00:30

Keeping an eye out for Sayaka's impact on the plot/characters.

Assuming that the series retains a foreboding dark twist in its future, I can see a lot of bad things happening to Sayaka which, in turn, affects Madoka.

I like her character the most so far so I really hope that he isn't shafted (literally) throughout the show; there are just so many ways she can be utilized to influence Madoka that it would be a waste to keep her in the sidelines.

Miraluka 2011-01-17 00:32

Given how is being portrayed her character gives a tragic feeling, but more about her character its yet to be showed.

panzerfan 2011-01-17 03:27

I like what I see in Sayaka, but I somehow have some a sense of ill foreboding towards what might befall her in the story. She seems to be very acute and contemplative in observation towards what lies ahead, which one doesn't see that often in the genre.

Taufiq91 2011-01-17 03:44

Oh, and is anyone expecting Sayaka to get a modelling career, grow her blue hair, move to a new high school and become Taiga Aisaka's enemy?

Ravenblitz 2011-01-17 07:47

can't wait for her to be in ACTION and battle the witches :D she's a melee type right? *remembers dokuro-chan*

FireChick 2011-01-17 08:55

For some reason her personality reminds me of that of Erika from Heartcatch Precure.:heh:

Genten 2011-01-17 10:03

Unfortunately, we don't know too much about Miki yet (and we can't see into her thoughts like we can Madoka) so it's unclear what role she'll play in the future of this series.

Spoiler for Long Miki Interpretation:

Kanon 2011-01-17 13:19

I love her upbeat personality and her protectiveness toward Madoka. I'm very curious to find out about her past, more specifically about what her relationship with that boy from the OP (whom we also briefly saw in a hospital bed in the second episode) is/was. It doesn't seem like he's family.

Miraluka 2011-01-17 13:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanon (Post 3442698)
I love her upbeat personality and her protectiveness toward Madoka. I'm very curious to find out about her past, more specifically about what her relationship with that boy from the OP (whom we also briefly saw in a hospital bed in the second episode) is/was. It doesn't seem like he's family.

From what I heard his last name is Kamijou:heh:.

Random Wanderer 2011-01-17 19:30

As I've predicted elsewhere, if this series ends up going as dark as some people seem to expect, Sayaka will likely be the first main character to die. Her death will jolt Madoka awake to the reality of magical girls and the situation she'll have put herself in. For maximum angst, Sayaka will turn into a witch and Madoka will be forced to kill her.

The dramatic cues are there. I think the only thing that can save Sayaka will be the series not turning dark enough to kill off the girls in the first place.

Triple_R 2011-01-17 21:22

I like Sayaka a lot.

Energetic, talkative, and thoughtful girl. Seems very down-to-Earth, but not entirely lacking charisma either. Cute and feminine, but also anything but a wallflower, as shown by how she's an outgoing person who is protective of her friends.

Altogether, this makes her a very likable and well-rounded character to me.

But, yes, she's probably the main cast member most likely to get severely maimed or killed. Of the four girls, she's the one that's not either the female lead (Madoka) or directly involved in what's shaping up to be the major moral conflict of the anime (Mami and Homura). From a plot perspective, that likely makes her the most expendable of the four main girls, if the anime chooses to go very dark.

Fishbait 2011-01-17 23:41

Things aren't looking good for Sayaka lol...

There are some rather disturbing things in the very opening of the series that might hint towards her role in the show.

HitoriTomoyo 2011-01-17 23:49

I agree, she arguably has the worst position of any character in this series.

Spoiler:

I WANNA SEE HER MAHOU SHOUJO POWERS IN ACTION. :hyper-^v^:

omimon 2011-01-18 05:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishbait (Post 3443502)

There are some rather disturbing things in the very opening of the series that might hint towards her role in the show.

Shhhhh......it makes so much sense.

rocket 2011-01-18 11:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishbait (Post 3443502)

Hmm... This might explain why Homura has no interest in Sayaka!

Mentar 2011-01-18 20:38

The way I see it, Sayaka will be the one to propel Madoka into the Mahou Shoujo business, because she herself will "jump in" first. Wanna bet?

Look at the violin player in the hospital that Sayaka has a crush on. I'm almost positive that once she learns that he's in the hospital (and maybe can't continue his career or even die), she will jump in and wish for his recovery and/or to be with him. It also gives her "ignorance is bliss" monologue an extra ironic undertone - he was shown in the hospital when Sayaka said it. Once she isn't ignorant about his situation anymore, expect her to be the first to officially commit, and so, become the first victim.

rocket 2011-01-18 20:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mentar (Post 3444960)
Look at the violin player in the hospital that Sayaka has a crush on. I'm almost positive that once she learns that he's in the hospital (and maybe can't continue his career or even die), she will jump in and wish for his recovery and/or to be with him. It also gives her "ignorance is bliss" monologue an extra ironic undertone - he was shown in the hospital when Sayaka said it. Once she isn't ignorant about his situation anymore, expect her to be the first to officially commit, and so, become the first victim.

Holy cow, how did you figure that the quick flash was
A) a violin player and
B) someone Sayaka has a crush on?!

I mean it totally fits with what I had speculated before, but it sounds like you're hanging out somewhere with better info than this forum!

Random Wanderer 2011-01-18 21:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mentar (Post 3444960)
The way I see it, Sayaka will be the one to propel Madoka into the Mahou Shoujo business, because she herself will "jump in" first. Wanna bet?

:eyebrow: Where is this information coming from?

Kazu-kun 2011-01-18 21:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocket (Post 3444966)
Holy cow, how did you figure that the quick flash was
A) a violin player and
B) someone Sayaka has a crush on?!

The opening shows the guy (with his violin) standing besides Sayaka. Now, we don't know if she has a crush on him (though it's very likely) but it is stated that she is a fan of a musician called Kamijo-kun. I think it's quite likely these two are the same person....

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/167...8231149.th.jpg