AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Valvrave the Liberator (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=134)
-   -   Valvrave the Liberator - Character Discussion - Rukino Saki (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=119708)

Tokkan 2013-05-24 01:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irenesharda (Post 4694479)
I don't think so, remember the year in the future was the 214th year and she said she made the promise 200 years ago, that would put it at 14 years after the start of the series.

That's assuming she was using an exact number and not a rounded number. She could be saying it rounded to the nearest hundred.

Irenesharda 2013-05-24 02:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokkan (Post 4694636)
That's assuming she was using an exact number and not a rounded number. She could be saying it rounded to the nearest hundred.

Most people when remembering a promise, especially in anime, remember the exact day and time they made it, since it's usually an oath of some kind, most of the time following tragedy. One of the most famous examples being Edward Elric and his pocketwatch.

I think she stated the right amount of years, especially since the person she's talking to in spirit, sounds like someone she cared for who died.

Xion Valkyrie 2013-05-24 02:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irenesharda (Post 4694682)
Most people when remembering a promise, especially in anime, remember the exact day and time they made it, since it's usually an oath of some kind, most of the time following tragedy. One of the most famous examples being Edward Elric and his pocketwatch.

I think she stated the right amount of years, especially since the person she's talking to in spirit, sounds like someone she cared for who died.

It's probably either Haruto or Shoko.

7Th 2013-05-24 08:51

Saki spin-off manga, Shooting Star Valkyrie, announced: http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-16448.html

Saki is completely unkillable now. :heh:

Key Board 2013-05-24 08:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7Th (Post 4694993)
Saki spin-off manga, Shooting Star Valkyrie, announced: http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-16448.html

Saki is completely unkillable now. :heh:

L-Elf is also getting his own manga

It just means that Sunrise wants to remind who the main characters are.

Judging from the information is say that it will show "her idol days, among other things."

Kinda disappointing

7Th 2013-05-24 09:16

I dunno; judging by the title, I think it will end up being about her pilot adventures between the current episodes and the 200 year timeskip.

MisaoFan 2013-05-24 09:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Key Board (Post 4695000)
L-Elf is also getting his own manga

It just means that Sunrise wants to remind who the main characters are.

Judging from the information is say that it will show "her idol days, among other things."

Kinda disappointing

I could tell this manga will revolve around her past up to pre-episode 1 stories, and after that, some side stories that takes place during the series while including typical SoL elements like swimsuit parades, I guess.

Cosmic Eagle 2013-05-24 10:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie (Post 4694692)
It's probably either Haruto or Shoko.

Thinking Shoko....

Can't be Haruto is dead no? And also if the OP is anything to go by...

Nayrael 2013-05-24 11:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle (Post 4695152)
Thinking Shoko....

Can't be Haruto is dead no? And also if the OP is anything to go by...

Can be either Haruto or Shouko. As far as we know, the scene is part of an epilogue or happening before Haruto gets revived or returns from some kind of journey or a fake death or something.

Xion Valkyrie 2013-05-24 11:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nayrael (Post 4695179)
Can be either Haruto or Shouko. As far as we know, the scene is part of an epilogue or happening before Haruto gets revived or returns from some kind of journey or a fake death or something.

Nah, Saki is the main character. All of S1 is to set her up for her to grow into the main character in S2. :heh:

mayumi 2013-05-24 12:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie (Post 4695227)
Nah, Saki is the main character. All of S1 is to set her up for her to grow into the main character in S2. :heh:

Fund it! :p

blakstealth 2013-05-24 15:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by mayumi (Post 4695303)
Fund it! :p

I'll fund this bad boi.

queenSwild 2013-05-24 16:51

The only thing that annoys me about Saki's character is how bipolar she is. She goes from the cool, savvy, mysterious beauty who may have feelings for Haruto, to a "who cares about Haruto?" attension whore, and now she's back to a cool, savvy, mysterious beauty who may have feelings for Haruto. I don't know who her character is yet.

Despite that, I think that it's cool that she's grown protective of Shoko. I found it cute when when tried to shield her from L-Elf. I get the feeling that Shoko is the one that the 214 year old!Saki refers to in the future. I think that they'll grow really close by the end of this series.

I wonder how she'll react to Aina's death though.:confused:

Nayrael 2013-05-24 17:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by queenSwild (Post 4695514)
I wonder how she'll react to Aina's death though.:confused:

They killed her first friend.
Wouldn't be surprised if she dances... dances with Aina's BF and Dorssia.
A dance with Jojo's and marksmanship contests.

Ledgem 2013-05-24 17:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by queenSwild (Post 4695514)
The only thing that annoys me about Saki's character is how bipolar she is. She goes from the cool, savvy, mysterious beauty who may have feelings for Haruto, to a "who cares about Haruto?" attension whore, and now she's back to a cool, savvy, mysterious beauty who may have feelings for Haruto. I don't know who her character is yet.

I agree. I would say that she put on a big show and seemingly became selfish in an effort to distract herself from her own fears and insecurities, but the timing of her actions didn't really fit with the circumstances. I think it's clear that she harbors feelings for Haruto, though, although she may not realize it. Stealing Haruto's body and causing mischief with it may have been her way of venting those feelings, similar to the way that elementary school boys will bully the girls that they like ("reaction formation" is the psychological term). She went a little crazy with a mixture of attaining power and becoming closer to Haruto. Now it's all settling down, and she's also gaining connections to people (specifically Shouko).

I did not approve of her actions in episode 6 at all, and her behavior was arguably odd even in episode 5 (or was it 4? Randomly starting fights and then biting a classmate). She was fine before that, though, and her character has returned to being likable now. It helped seeing how she turns out farther in the future.

Basically, if Sunrise was going for capturing the crazy personal development of the teenage years, they're doing a great job. It's a bit confusing to follow at times, though.

7Th 2013-05-24 18:54

It gets reposted in 2ch all the time so there must be some truth to it, but anyone knows the source of the interview with the producer in which he mentions that Saki will be the most memorable character? Something like this: "プロデュサーだったかが一番印象に残ったキャラはサキだと".

mayumi 2013-05-24 20:39

For me Saki always had that air where the writers were aiming for developing her character from being a fame obsessed bitch to a altruistic fighter who might be the only one alive but still doing her job protecting what ever she is.
She seems like a C.C to me.

Xion Valkyrie 2013-05-30 02:38

Found this at the usual den of evil:

http://i.imgur.com/RlUeaWI.jpg

bastek66 2013-05-30 06:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie (Post 4701747)
Found this at the usual den of evil:

But there is like 5 or 6 pictures analyzing Saki.

Triple_R 2013-05-30 09:22

A couple good, subtle pick-ups by the den of evil (whatever that means :heh: ).

I similarly felt that Saki was impressed by badass-mode Haruto (whereas the other two with them were dismayed by it). I also had the impression in earlier episodes that Saki didn't know Haruto well. I don't think Saki was particularly interested in Haruto until he went into badass mode. I think she's attracted to alpha males.

Also, while I don't think that Saki is downright bloodthirsty, she's also no pacifist. Which honestly, I find refreshing. What kind of pacifist willingly flies a weapon of mass destruction, and uses it against an enemy army? :heh: This is why I've never liked the idea of pacifists flying big, giant mechas. I can certainly respect those who try to keep casualties (on all sides) down to a minimum, but you shouldn't be flying one of these things if you're not willing to kill an enemy soldier if necessary.