AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   E3 2018 (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=151624)

Chosen_Hero 2018-06-09 04:40

E3 2018

https://forums.animesuki.com/picture...ictureid=58585

Schedule:

EA - Saturday, June 9, 11am Pacific Time

Microsoft - Sunday, June 10, 1pm Pacific Time

Bethesda - Sunday, June 10, 6:30pm Pacific Time

Square Enix - Monday, June 11, 10am Pacific Time

Ubisoft - Monday, June 11, 1pm Pacific Time

Sony - Monday, June 11, 6pm Pacific Time

Nintendo - Tuesday, June 12, 9am Pacific Time

---------

For those of you that like to partake in some E3 bingo:

https://www.gameinformer.com/bingo/2...o-2018-edition

Predictions/Bets:

Easy Allies:

Colin's Last Stand:

Kinda Funny:

E3 starts... Right now.

Rising Dragon 2018-06-09 12:00

Is it just me, or is Nintendo always last?

serenade_beta 2018-06-09 13:31

Finale is most important, of course

Oh...
Smash bros smash bros smash bros smash bros smash bros smash bros smash bros
Sakurai smash bros smash bros Xenoblade 2 characters pls smash bros smash bros
is my current thought on E3

Ultragunner 2018-06-09 13:47

I watch EA just for the cringe, and they have never failed me GG :D

GreyZone 2018-06-09 14:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultragunner (Post 6245208)
I watch EA just for the cringe, and they have never failed me GG :D

I took a little look into the EA livestream just now where they showed a rather generic trailer for "Anthem" and then some woman came out literally shouting

"HOW COOL IS THAT TRAILER?! You guys have seen it a couple time and it is so cool everytime I see it!"

THE CRINGE! And as I said the trailer was so damn generic with those half-finished sentences and such typical phrases I think I have heard in 100 or more trailers in the past already.

I closed the stream right afterwards.

EA is already competing for last place this year just for this single scene as far as I am concerned. But it's not like it's the first time for it to be like that. EA is EA after all.

Ultragunner 2018-06-09 14:23

^ u should have jumped in earlier, they let two grown men on stage battling on their smartphone while two commentators were going nuts for a mobile game :D

Chosen_Hero 2018-06-09 14:28

I almost started crying out of laughter (and despair) during the mobile C&C segment... Damn it EA, you just wasted Andrea on this shitty conference.

So how many new memes are there so far?

Infinite Zenith 2018-06-09 14:56

The new footage from Battlefield V is so good, I have no words. Also looking forwards to Division 2's reveal.

MCAL 2018-06-09 16:43

Oh I see the plan here. Have EA go first so that everyone else looks good by comparison. How dastardly.

TnAdct1 2018-06-09 18:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rising Dragon (Post 6245152)
Is it just me, or is Nintendo always last?

Nintendo has always been the last one to do a press conference since Sony moved theirs to Monday nights. As someone said earlier, this is not a bad thing, especially given how Nintendo probably has plans to spread a good chunk of news throughout the conference (if the last couple of years are any indication).

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreyZone (Post 6245217)
EA is already competing for last place this year just for this single scene as far as I am concerned. But it's not like it's the first time for it to be like that. EA is EA after all.

Oh yeah, EA's press conference was bad, with them opting to hold news for Battlefield V and FIFA 19 until the Microsoft press conference and Gamescom respectively, having the reveal of Star Wars: Fallen Order consist of a developer being in the audience mention it before the news about Battlefront II (seriously, not even a single piece of concept art?), and still playing "wait and see" when it comes to Nintendo Switch and only offering FIFA 19 for that system for now (is it really too much not to have Unravel Two come out today on that system alongside the systems EA cares more about than Nintendo?).

Shinji103 2018-06-09 18:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by serenade_beta (Post 6245202)
Oh...
Smash bros smash bros smash bros smash bros smash bros smash bros smash bros
Sakurai smash bros smash bros Xenoblade 2 characters pls smash bros smash bros
is my current thought on E3

Indeed, give us Xenobkade 2 in Smash. How could they not include it after how well it did?

shadow1296 2018-06-09 19:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shinji103 (Post 6245307)
Indeed, give us Xenobkade 2 in Smash. How could they not include it after how well it did?

I would be happy with just xenoblade x representation as long as we get new xenoblade representation considering it reached mainstream status

serenade_beta 2018-06-09 19:20

Oh, I just realized that EA was actually today.
And from the way it looks, they were advertising themselves going to the mobile graveyard.
...Huh, neat...

JagdPanther 2018-06-09 20:56

I am super ticked that this is the first time I'll miss watching the SONY presser in many years. I am at a conference through Tuesday, and I can't imagine I'll be able to get away to watch the presser Monday night.

LoweGear 2018-06-09 23:10

I'm usually more eloquent about this, but that reveal of C&C Rivals?

Fuck you EA, fuck you.

OH&S 2018-06-09 23:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero (Post 6244998)
<snip>

I take umbrage with the omission of Devolver Digital's press conference from the list. They had the best one last year.

---

Also, EA being EA. What's new?

MeoTwister5 2018-06-10 01:16

Kingdom Hearts III confirmed January 25, 2019 for Japan, 29th for the rest of the world.

LoweGear 2018-06-10 01:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by OH&S (Post 6245411)
I take umbrage with the omission of Devolver Digital's press conference from the list. They had the best one last year.

AFAIK Devolver does have a press conference this year, with them showing off Serious Sam 4.

Oh, and this:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DfLNxGeV4AMEhJe.jpg

Chaos2Frozen 2018-06-10 08:02

I'm not disappointed because I don't expect anything from EA.

But I am baffled at their decision to showcase some of these games- Who thought it was a good idea to announce a Jedi game from Respawn without even a teaser trailer? Why did they make the SoS dev talk about the game first before showing the trailer? Why show a full match of a mobile game and not BFV? Why are they still cutting up footage of Anthem and making the devs fill in the blanks?!

For all of their insistence that this is a bioware game with a bioware story, the only new thing of value that I had learned of Anthem is the names of the two new suits, and why it's called Anthem in the first place.

shadow1296 2018-06-10 09:59

I am pretty sure that the Jedi game is being mandated by Disney and if it was up to EA they would not be doing a single player no multiplayer no chance to monetize game considering their stance on those games. But if Disney mandated one because of what happened with battlefront 2 and told them they need to make a game that will sell well and not breed controversy to the point that they we're getting on global and local TV news otherwise they would lose their exclusivity deal. EA may have felt no choice