AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Fate/ Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Fate/stay night Anime (old generic discussion thread) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=26458)

monir 2006-01-14 12:53

I wouldn't mind a separate thread either for the anime-only watcher as Mentar proposed. May be PM'ing a mod would attract their attention quicker.

I've been holding myself back to post in this thread to talk about this pretty good anime, but the amount of spoilers tossed around, carelessly sometimes, can be a serious turn off for those that are viewing the anime only without playing the game or reading about it.

Mr. Guy 2006-01-14 13:25

Finally saw the episode (high speed internet my foot). Even better then I had thought it would be. Lancer was portrayed excellently through both the animation and his voice. I actually jumped when he caught up with Shirou in the hallway.

As some have said already, the fight was quite short but what was shown was most certainly topnotch. Archer's twinblades are a lot bigger then I gathered from the game and CGs. I didn't really like how Lancer knew that he was facing Archer right off the bat, but I suppose that can be ignored.

Next episode... poncho Saber! :D

I also second (sixth?) the motion for two threads. I know it gets kind of annoying to have to put spoiler tags over everything and then debate every single word that isn't inside the tags. That way people that know the story can compare the game to the anime and the choices the anime has taken (which would fit in more under the anime discussion then a game discussion) and those that are watching it for the first time can discuss theories with each other.

xris 2006-01-14 13:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mentar
Erhm... could we please either have a new board or a new thread, dear mods?

Something needs to be done, and it's not just this thread/anime that requires such attention. The trouble is, the solution may not be available instantly (if at all) so please have patience while we try and sort things out.

For the short term, I would like to state now that any spoilers from the game (in this thread) will now be deleted. The entire post will be deleted (even if there is just a small part of the post containing spoilers), repeated offenders will be banned.

But to do this, we need your help. I have not played the game and am not watching the anime so I wouldn't know a spoiler in the thread if it bit me in the bum, so please use the Report button http://forums.animesuki.com/images/buttons/report.gif if you see any spoilers.

So, please remember, this thread is for the anime watcher only. If you want to discuss aspects of the game, then please use the Fate/Stay Night Game Discussion thread located in the Games forum

Sushi-Y 2006-01-14 13:31

Heh, fair enough, it's inevitable that people who played the game will start to compare what they see in the anime with the game, sometimes potential "game spoilers" (not that we really know what'll really happen in the anime) might get tossed out.

But yeah, for the sake of the innocent souls, I'll control what I say.

Oberon 2006-01-14 13:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Guy
I didn't really like how Lancer knew that he was facing Archer right off the bat, but I suppose that can be ignored.

Well, Rin kept screaming "Archer!" right from the start, so it didn't strike me as odd that Lancer identified him that fast.

Mr. Guy 2006-01-14 13:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oberon
Well, Rin kept screaming "Archer!" right from the start, so it didn't strike me as odd that Lancer identified him that fast.

Haha, that's true but I was more referring to the fact that originally Lancer wasn't too sure about who Archer truly was because he was using swords instead of projectiles. Going by just the fight, one would think Archer was a Saber. I felt that it put more emphasis on what an odd Servant Archer was.

F!reStr!fe 2006-01-14 13:47

It would be so awesome if we get a board. There so much that can be talked about. :heh:

xris 2006-01-14 14:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by F!reStr!fe
It would be so awesome if we get a board. There so much that can be talked about. :heh:

And this is off-topic. This thread is for the discussion of the Fate/stay night anime, so please limit discussion to that only :)

We (the Mods) will be considering if it requires a forum of it's own but to be honest, the chances of that happening will only go down if we get bugged about it :eyebrow: At this very moment I'm trying to put forward some ideas (to the other Mods) as to the best way to handle series such as Fate/stay night to avoid the problems with spoilers.

Reminder: This thread is for the anime watcher only. If you want to discuss aspects of the game, then please use the Fate/Stay Night Game Discussion thread located in the Games forum

Any spoilers from the game will now be deleted. The entire post will be deleted (even if there is just a small part of the post containing spoilers), repeated offenders will be banned. Please use the Report button http://forums.animesuki.com/images/buttons/report.gif if you see any spoilers.

In addition, please try and keep on-topic :)

F!reStr!fe 2006-01-14 21:25

After watching the curtain raiser I have to know does each servant have like their own little motto... like Archer says "I am the bone of my sword" and I was wondering does it pertain to each servant?

And Sorry Xris didnt mean to push any buttons just commenting on how great it would be. ;)

mikemil828 2006-01-14 21:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by xris

Any spoilers from the game will now be deleted. The entire post will be deleted (even if there is just a small part of the post containing spoilers), repeated offenders will be banned. Please use the Report button http://forums.animesuki.com/images/buttons/report.gif if you see any spoilers.

In addition, please try and keep on-topic :)

What if it's both? Technically some game spoilers are also anime spoilers, and all the anime spoilers will also be game spoilers.

I would like to answer your question F!restr!fe, but because even though the answer would most likely be an anime spoiler, it's also most definately a game spoiler, so until I get an answer from the mod team, I cannot say.

Sushi-Y 2006-01-14 21:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by F!reStr!fe
After watching the curtain raiser I have to know does each servant have like their own little motto... like Archer says "I am the bone of my sword" and I was wondering does it pertain to each servant?

No, only Archer has a long trigger passage like that, it mainly has to do with his ______.

For now, just think of it as an incantation like Shirou's "Trace On".

MrProphet 2006-01-14 21:44

The only "anime spoilers" we have are for the first 4 episodes. I think everything else would qualify as "game spoilers". 8)

Nightengale 2006-01-14 21:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikemil828
What if it's both? Technically some game spoilers are also anime spoilers, and all the anime spoilers will also be game spoilers

Well, I think anime spoilers like episode previews from mags are okay as long as they're in tags because they pertain only to the anime. What should be ethical here is that all of us should discuss in a manner where in a way, we're newbies as well who knows about Fate but doesn't know about the game. Pretense, if I must say so myself. Spoiler tags or not, it's not good at all to talk about the game here, because there's only one Fate anime topic, and talking about the game derails discussion from the anime, be it simply comparisons or not, because let's face it, not everything from the game will be in the anime, and some things in the anime will be changed from the game or even original scenarios.

Let's assume we're all Fate newbies until AF gets a greenlight for a separate section, where we can clearly put a topic with *F/sn game and anime changes/comparisons ~ Major Spoilers* or a F/sn Q and A *game spoilers* or something like that.

Or there's also the Game section.

Did anyone notice Illya in the preview for Episode 3?

Takemi_Ikazuchi 2006-01-14 22:22

Archer should have attacked Lancer with HOT TEA!

Imagine this..

Archer: Take Earl Gray, Lancer!
Lancer: Gwahh! a dual wielding archer that attacks with hot tea? IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE!
Archer: **throws sugar cubes at Lancer**
Lancer: GAHHHH!

ordnance11 2006-01-14 22:27

I haven't played the game, but having browsed thru the Fate Stay night site, I have a rough idea of the anime.

That scene where Saber asked Emiya the question is definintely a vivd image.

Was it ever explained where Emiya got his wound when he and Sakura was walking into the school?

Nightengale 2006-01-14 22:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Takemi_Ikazuchi

Imagine this..

Archer: Take Earl Gray, Lancer!
Lancer: Gwahh! a dual wielding archer that attacks with hot tea? IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE!
Archer: **throws sugar cubes at Lancer**
Lancer: GAHHHH!

Rofl.

How can Archer attack Lancer with tea when he's already dual weilding? Ah, the Triple H Evian Spitting technique. XD

And it's Chinese tea, not English.

Shiroth 2006-01-14 22:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightengale
Did anyone notice Illya in the preview for Episode 3?

If you mean the scene of her walking, then yeah i spotted Her.

MakubeX2 2006-01-14 22:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Takemi_Ikazuchi

If Archer is true to his name. He should attack with Fried Rice.

http://2-cat.twbbs.org/~rt/sd/src/1137064207294.jpg

Perhaps someone should explain why the Japanese have Fried Rice (Cha Han-炒飯) for a nick name for archer. I'm too lazy too here.

Nightengale 2006-01-14 22:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakubeX2
Perhaps someone should explain why the Japanese have Fried Rice (Cha Han-炒飯) for a nick name for archer. I'm too lazy too here.

Wasn't it a SEED-related joke concerning the Ultimate King of Fried Rice, the undisputed Dearka Elthman?

Or did I miss out something as a Fate fan?

Takemi_Ikazuchi 2006-01-14 22:45

chahan = fried rice

I think Archer's fried rice-ness comes from his likeness to Deakka. (yes, of course I know Archer came first)

Deakka himself got it from a 2chan meme IIRC.