AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Fate/ Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Fate/stay night Anime (old generic discussion thread) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=26458)

dont 2004-05-11 16:12

Fate/stay night official extra book (free download)

Edit by kj1980:

[link removed - borderline copyright infringement]

Sakuya 2005-12-18 21:29

Fate/stay night Anime (old generic discussion thread)

Here's the old thread's page 4:

http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache...%2BForum&hl=en

Edit by Mod (xris): Please remember, this thread is for the anime watcher only. If you want to discuss aspects of the game, then please use the Fate/Stay Night Game Discussion thread located in the Games forum

Any spoilers from the game will now be deleted. The entire post will be deleted (even if there is just a small part of the post containing spoilers) and repeated offenders will be banned.

To do this, we need your help. Please use the Report button http://forums.animesuki.com/images/buttons/report.gif if you see any spoilers.

orion 2005-12-19 13:40

So. why did Curtain Raiser sell out so fast? Do you think that it will make it to the Region 1 DVD?

kj1980 2005-12-19 13:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by orion
So. why did Curtain Raiser sell out so fast? Do you think that it will make it to the Region 1 DVD?

Because it's "Fate stay/night." Really. That is the reason.

MrProphet 2005-12-19 14:16

Most likely not... it's just a promo.

As for the popularity of the disc, well, there are so many Type-Moon fanboys, they are bound to make a little impact. 8)

Shiroth 2005-12-19 14:24

I was shocked by how fast the promo sold out.. i hope its not long before re-stock's.

kj1980 2005-12-19 14:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angelsama
I was shocked by how fast the promo sold out.. i hope its not long before re-stock's.

There is no re-stock as that was a limited edition item. Basically, if it all sold out, there won't be anymore unless you are willing to shell out more money on Yahoo auction.

By the way, "Fate stay/night" will begin to air starting on January 6th, 2006 from TV Saitama.

Air dates and schedules are as follows:
Chiba TV 2006/01/08ちばテレビ 24:30-25:00
TV Kanagawa 2006/01/08 25:30-26:00
TV Saitama 2006/01/06 25:40-26:00
SUN TV 2006/01/11 26:05-26:35
TV Aichi 2006/01/13 26:43-27:13
KBS Kyoto 2006/01/08 25:15-25:45
MX TV 2006/01/10 25:30-26:00

NoSanninWa 2005-12-19 15:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by orion

Dubious. Unlike in Japan there aren't many thousands of fans who already possess a slavering appetite for Fate/stay Night and will eagerly gobble up anything that can give them a taste of the meal that they hunger for.

While it is possible that it will show up as an extra on a DVD, it isn't really likely since it is mostly just scenes from the series. Once the series has come out, this will be rather superfluous.

gameoffreak8 2005-12-19 16:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by kj1980
There is no re-stock as that was a limited edition item. Basically, if it all sold out, there won't be anymore unless you are willing to shell out more money on Yahoo auction.

By the way, "Fate stay/night" will begin to air starting on January 6th, 2005 from TV Saitama.

Air dates and schedules are as follows:
Chiba TV 2006/01/08ちばテレビ 24:30-25:00
TV Kanagawa 2006/01/08 25:30-26:00
TV Saitama 2006/01/06 25:40-26:00
SUN TV 2006/01/11 26:05-26:35
TV Aichi 2006/01/13 26:43-27:13
KBS Kyoto 2006/01/08 25:15-25:45
MX TV 2006/01/10 25:30-26:00

*2006*:heh:

Shiroth 2005-12-19 16:05

Quote:

Thanks for the info'. & i think i'll be staying away from Yahoo auctions. ^^;;

gameoffreak8 2005-12-19 16:10

Quote:

I won't waste my money on Yahoo auction:frustrated:

Sushi-Y 2005-12-19 17:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Dubious. Unlike in Japan there aren't many thousands of fans who already possess a slavering appetite for Fate/stay Night and will eagerly gobble up anything that can give them a taste of the meal that they hunger for.

While it is possible that it will show up as an extra on a DVD, it isn't really likely since it is mostly just scenes from the series. Once the series has come out, this will be rather superfluous.

Mainly, it was meant to be released as a collectors item. In this industry, "limited release" means "come buy it now before it's too late!", and sales are encouraged that way. The same reason applys for "first editions" of games/DVDs.

Honestly, the reason why I (and probably many others) shelled out money for curtain raiser is for the package (a nice box, a high quality hard-cover book that contains various information about the anime, poster) and the satisfaction of owning it, rather than the actual promo DVD itself. Fanboy mentality.

Nvis 2005-12-19 21:39

So, this is already licensed?

Sakuya 2005-12-19 21:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nvis
So, this is already licensed?

It has been prelicensed by Geneon I believe.

vin.dictive 2005-12-20 05:41

Quote:

By the way, "Fate stay/night" will begin to air starting on January 6th, 2005 from TV Saitama.

My memory is still iffy, but is it 24 or 26 episodes? (I only remember the date :D)

Tabris 2005-12-20 06:51

Watching the preview, this anime looks amazing. I don't think the number of episodes has been announced yet.

Shiroth 2005-12-20 09:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tabris
Watching the preview, this anime looks amazing. I don't think the number of episodes has been announced yet.

I think they should give what the fans want.. and thats more then 13 episodes.

vin.dictive 2005-12-20 18:07

Rumors says 13 episodes per season and there are 2 seasons, therefore 26 episodes.

MakubeX2 2005-12-25 05:02

http://tinypic.com/j5w5yx.jpg
http://tinypic.com/j5w681.jpg
http://tinypic.com/j5w6eb.jpg
http://tinypic.com/j5w7sy.jpg

mangatron 2005-12-25 08:54

Japanese TV guides set the official episode count: 13

I don't wannna get into how can they fit this, or that in 13 lol...

NoSanninWa 2005-12-25 18:03

13 episodes? Oh, hell no. It's going to be another Tsukihime debacle.

There's no way that they can fit the whole story into 13 episodes, so we'll obviously get a very stripped down and simplistic version.

That's a horrible shame.

Shinji103 2005-12-25 18:44

What is up with recent anime staff and their love for 12-14 episode length? :mad:

Jinki: Extend was made to be 12 episodes, and it crapped on the awesome manga series. :mad: It has an episode 13 that just keeps getting delayed again and again and again.

Tsukihime was a short series and crapped on the original.

And Demonbane is also going to be a 12 episode series, and I can tell you for a fact that there's no way it can be a good series in 12 episodes. :mad:

The only good 12-14 episode series that were good were KGNE and Lamune. Only because they didn't have as much going on as in the above three series. (of course, what they do have going on is awesome, but it's just one main problem/dilemna, not a whole bunch of things going on like in the above three series)

WTH, man? :frustrated:

Sakuya 2005-12-25 19:07

Well, what is Fate/Next Stage? :innocent: At least hopefully, it will be a better adaptation than Tsukihime.

kj1980 2005-12-26 03:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shinji103
What is up with recent anime staff and their love for 12-14 episode length? :mad:

It's the most decent amount of length for one season that is available for a relatively good price at an obscure UHF channel in a timeslot where only otakus would care to watch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sakuya
Well, what is Fate/Next Stage? :innocent: At least hopefully, it will be a better adaptation than Tsukihime.

It means "Fate stay/night" has evolved to a new "next stage" as it progresses into a media platform called animation. Basically, it's just a catchy way of saying "Fate stay/night" will now be showing on TV less than two weeks from now.

DaFool 2005-12-26 03:43

DCSS is 2 seasons each 26 eps, total 52 eps. Shuffle! is 26 eps.

Fate Stay Night outsold both Da Capo and Shuffle! H-games combined, if I am not mistaken.

Budget my @ss. Now if it's a conspiracy of the old-guard softhouses versus those n00bs from Comike who turn pro, I am willing to understand.

kj1980 2005-12-26 03:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFool
DCSS is 2 seasons each 26 eps, total 52 eps. Shuffle! is 26 eps.

Fate Stay Night outsold both Da Capo and Shuffle! H-games combined, if I am not mistaken.

Budget my @ss. Now if it's a conspiracy of the old-guard softhouses versus those n00bs from Comike who turn pro, I am willing to understand.

Softhouses themselves have rarely any say in the anime adaptation unless they too are involved in it. For example, softhouses for "Da Capo" (CIRCUS) and "SHUFFLE!" (Navel) are highly involved as they have media-mixes from serializing their manga on Comptiq magazine.

Have you taken a look at the credits? The producer for "D.C.S.S." is Mr. Matsumura Kazutoshi, who is also known as "Tororo Dancho" as the head honcho for CIRCUS. Heck, if the head of the softhouse is paying some cash for the anime, hell he can do whatever episode length he can afford.

But if the lead producer is a member of an animation studio, hell they'll do it at a length that they can afford.

In the end, it's the TV station that does the talking.

TV station: "You wanna do 26 episodes? Here's how much it's gonna cost you"
A: "uhh...I can't afford that"
TV station: "Sucks to be you ain't it? Hell, I have other shows lined up whose sponsors are willing to pay for that slot, rather than a lowly anime like you. Why don't you go talk to one of those obscure UHF stations like the rest of the lowly anime shows goes to?"

MakubeX2 2005-12-26 08:03

http://img8.picsplace.to/img8/3/1135511852623.jpg
http://img8.picsplace.to/img8/3/1135512101799.jpg
http://img8.picsplace.to/img8/3/1135512371185.jpg
http://img8.picsplace.to/img8/3/1135512575935.jpg

mangatron 2005-12-26 08:13

Quote:

Softhouses themselves have rarely any say in the anime adaptation unless they too are involved in it. For example, softhouses for "Da Capo" (CIRCUS) and "SHUFFLE!" (Navel) are highly involved as they have media-mixes from serializing their manga on Comptiq magazine.

Have you taken a look at the credits? The producer for "D.C.S.S." is Mr. Matsumura Kazutoshi, who is also known as "Tororo Dancho" as the head honcho for CIRCUS. Heck, if the head of the softhouse is paying some cash for the anime, hell he can do whatever episode length he can afford.

But if the lead producer is a member of an animation studio, hell they'll do it at a length that they can afford.

In the end, it's the TV station that does the talking.

TV station: "You wanna do 26 episodes? Here's how much it's gonna cost you"
A: "uhh...I can't afford that"
TV station: "Sucks to be you ain't it? Hell, I have other shows lined up whose sponsors are willing to pay for that slot, rather than a lowly anime like you. Why don't you go talk to one of those obscure UHF stations like the rest of the lowly anime shows goes to?"

KJ I had actually posted this earlier in the Demonbane thread, full credit to you of course, because I remembered you said this same thing awhile ago before the forum fell. I have a feeling we need to post this in every thread for anime with 13 episodes :heh: :heh:

By the way Makube, great stuff....big..... *_*

stonedzombie 2005-12-28 17:49

hehe.....i dunno about you guys, but i'm hoping for some Tsukihime cameos...:heh:

Newprimus 2005-12-28 18:18

13 episodes. Hmmm, quite short. At least it looks good so far.:p

Guido 2005-12-30 01:04

To me the girl protagonist in those medieval attires looks like a Joan D' Arc.

It's definitely awesome!

Someone knows which studio's behind production.

Vallen Chaos Valiant 2005-12-30 01:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guido

It's definitely awesome!

Good guess, but no. Saber is definitely a legendary European warrior, but she isn't Joan D' Arc. In fact, Saber might even be insulted for you to confused her with a French. If Joan D'Arc ever meet Saber,(a possibility in this universe) they would most certainly not get along.:D

National identity matters to both these people. And that would likely remain even though both would have passed on.

NaNash| 2005-12-30 01:34

Quote:

It's definitely awesome!

It's TYPE-MOON and Studio Dean.

I just wonder will it be as good as Tsukihime.

Guido 2005-12-30 01:40

Just for starters, could someone here please be so kind as to explain me what's the story?

And what's the deal with the Saber girl?

NaNash| 2005-12-30 01:50

Emiya Shirou is a highschool boy who lives in Fuyuki City. His parents died in a fire when he was young, after that he was adopted by an old man who refer himself as a sorcerer, but he died too.
What Shirou doesn`t knew, is that the underground of Fuyuki City is the place of a great war.
When the time is right, sorcerers from near and far gather with their Servants - the summoned spirits of heroes so mighty they exist outside of time - and fight a war for possession of the Holy Grail, a relic said to grant its owner a wish. The true names of the Servants reveal their weaknesses, and so they are usually referred to by a classification of type instead; Saber, Archer, Rider, Berserker, Lancer, Caster, and Assassin.

One day, Shirou saw a fight between two servants, Archer and Lancer.
To preserve the secrecy of the war, Lancer mortally wounds him; but a girl who up until now seemed a normal classmate of his, Tōsaka Rin, saves his life using a magical pendant.
On his way home, Lancer attacked him again. Just before he`s about to die for good, the servant Saber appears before him, greeting him with the words "Are you my master?"

~Taken from http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.p...anime&aid=3348

Guido 2005-12-30 01:57

Don't you think the whole war for the Holy Grail is somewhat clichéd?

Could the author have thought of a more original idea?

Vallen Chaos Valiant 2005-12-30 02:28

Quote:

Don't you think the whole war for the Holy Grail is somewhat clichéd?

Could the author have thought of a more original idea?

Do you even know why the story is the way it is?

The whole point is to have legendary heroes from across time, space and myths all meeting and fighting for a great prize. The Holy Grail was one of the few things famous enough to fit the prize bracket. Anyway, it's not so much the Grail as what it grants...

And anyone who knows anything about Saber will know why the script writer would consider the Grail as the obvious prize for the story.

Every "Summon" has a true identity, which they would try to conceal for their own benefit. If people know who they really are, people would have an idea of how to defeat them. If you don't know who Saber is, I certainly don't want to tell you. I offered enough clues as it is. Just read this post and the post I made above to figure it out...

kron 2005-12-30 02:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shinji103

Jinki: Extend was made to be 12 episodes, and it crapped on the awesome manga series. :mad: It has an episode 13 that just keeps getting delayed again and again and again.

Tsukihime was a short series and crapped on the original.

And Demonbane is also going to be a 12 episode series, and I can tell you for a fact that there's no way it can be a good series in 12 episodes. :mad:

The only good 12-14 episode series that were good were KGNE and Lamune. Only because they didn't have as much going on as in the above three series. (of course, what they do have going on is awesome, but it's just one main problem/dilemna, not a whole bunch of things going on like in the above three series)

WTH, man? :frustrated:

agree with most but lamune is a good 12-14 ep series? the whole series blew, sorry. the game itself may have been alright but the anime was bad. and there are some decent 12-14 ep animes out there as much as there are lots that failed.

Mentar 2005-12-30 02:44

Is it really certain that it's only 13 eps? Last time I checked, the first 13 episodes were listed, but without the "final" marker, thus keeping the hope of 26 alive.

mangatron 2005-12-30 03:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by kron
agree with most but lamune is a good 12-14 ep series? the whole series blew, sorry. the game itself may have been alright but the anime was bad.

It was a story of a young couple and it ends with a young couple.

If anyone can figure out from who I based those words on, you've been a good reader of history. If not, tough luck, it's no wonder many people don't understand anime like Lamune.

And as for FSN's 13 episode count, it's pretty much been written on stone for 7 different stations so yeah, it's official. At least, in a business perspective...