AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Paypal Help thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=31953)

BaronNoir 2006-05-07 16:59

Paypal Help thread

Help. My basic question is : may I use an DEBIT CARD to pay for an PAYPAL account ?

Tabris 2006-05-07 17:27

Yes you can.

Slade xTekno 2006-05-07 17:29

Yes, but only if it can be used as a credit card. [Visa or Mastercard logo]

TamaNeko 2006-05-07 17:39

Wouldn't really recommend it if you like security. Paypal takes forever and sucks when it comes to resolving issues with sellers not delivering the goods. If you paid via credit card, the cc company should be able to help you out more and get your money back.

Komataguri 2006-05-07 17:45

Agreed.

Banks, in my experiance, don't give 2 shits worth of care or protection, even if your ATM has teh visa logo on it.

My suggestion would be to use a stand alone credit card, and have some protection.

Catgirls 2006-05-07 18:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by BaronNoir
Help. My basic question is : may I use an DEBIT CARD to pay for an PAYPAL account ?

The PayPal FAQ probably has all your answers. This section is about Credit/Debit cards:

-> http://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/web...ge=_home&flow=

You can find the FAQ by typing in "paypal FAQ" in a site like Google.com, Ask.com, Mamma.com, AltaVista.com or Dogpile.com. Hope that helps. Cheers.

Ending 2006-05-08 05:40

Even though I'm sure PayPal works quite nicely for the most of time, there are stories at www.paypalsucks.com...

Chichi 2006-05-08 11:03

I send and receive large transactions back and forth from Paypal for a small clothing company my friends and I run. It's the safest and securest method we can honestly find on the Internet right now and we haven't had any trouble either. Inevitably, like anything, there will always be cases where things go wrong but that can also be down to external parties other than Paypal.

As for debit transactions, yes you can use your debit card, but make sure to inform your bank so you can verify your Paypal account for extra security.

Xellos-_^ 2006-05-08 11:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by TamaNeko
Wouldn't really recommend it if you like security. Paypal takes forever and sucks when it comes to resolving issues with sellers not delivering the goods. If you paid via credit card, the cc company should be able to help you out more and get your money back.

While I agree you don't want to used a debit card. The one time I had a problem witha seller, Paypal took care of the problem pretty fast.

Tabris 2006-05-08 14:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slade xTekno
Yes, but only if it can be used as a credit card. [Visa or Mastercard logo]

I have a Solo card which I've been using since I was 15 on Paypal. I'm very sure that there are no Solo Credit cards.

Same with Switch cards and some others.

mistershow 2006-05-09 17:09

It shouldn't be a problem....I use my bank card, have since 2000.

toru310 2009-06-19 23:10

How to setup paypal

Hi, Its been a while since I last posted here. :D

So um, I'm getting started to buy stuff from ebay and they said that its much safe and secure if I pay through Paypal..so how can I set up my own paypal and how does it work actually? :confused:

thanks

Vexx 2009-06-20 00:38

go to their website (www.paypal.com) and follow the directions? Seriously.

I will note that paypal wants a credit/debit card or a bank account number at some point. Read the fine print carefully.

toru310 2009-06-20 09:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vexx (Post 2462254)
go to their website (www.paypal.com) and follow the directions? Seriously.

I will note that paypal wants a credit/debit card or a bank account number at some point. Read the fine print carefully.

Have you ever experience buying stuff online? like ebaY? whats the process?

Vexx 2009-06-20 10:39

I buy stuff online all the time - do you mean buying from an individual instead of a vendor?

There's a major element of trust required. Basically,
1) You and the person agree to transfer the item (either by winning an auction or whatever).
2) You make a transfer to them with your paypal account and directed to their paypal account.
3) AFTER the money actually transfers - they ship you the product (that's where the trust comes in).
4) You receive your product.

In general, you're better off sticking with people who have good transaction histories (ebay lets you rate buyers and sellers for trustworthiness).

For more details, visit the ebay website and read their FAQ.