AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Sword Art Online (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   Sword Art Online - Character Discussion - Kirito (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=113156)

Kairin 2012-07-06 01:10

Sword Art Online - Character Discussion - Kirito

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Kirito related.
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Sword Art Online fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specifics (i.e. episode, chapter, game, etc. discussion) there are other threads for that stuff.
Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whinging and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.

• Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

• Use Spoiler tags!
    Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.

• Adding a Spoiler tag:
      Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms. Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!

• Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
      Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar. Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators to locate and deal with problems quickly.

• Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
      Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly. The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Kirito 2012-07-07 12:01

Like the novels, I really liked how the anime kept his loner and direct to the point personality, just like in the first few chapters. The "feminine" facial expressions were still intact to an extent, I wonder if it'll change slightly in the next episode where I'm sure he's be grown at that time.

Chaos2Frozen 2012-07-08 05:26

The Number One Light Novel Male Character of 2012 has arrived :cool:

Anh_Minh 2012-07-08 07:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirito (Post 4242785)
Like the novels, I really liked how the anime kept his loner and direct to the point personality, just like in the first few chapters.

I don't know if we can call a loner a guy who can't do anything without adding to his harem. I mean, it's one thing to seduce women by interacting with them in a game, especially one like SAO, but he got
Spoiler for novel, vol 3:

Ray 2012-07-08 07:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen (Post 4244171)
The Number One Light Novel Male Character of 2012 has arrived :cool:

This guy knows what he's talking about. :cool:

Chaos2Frozen 2012-07-08 09:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aphrah (Post 4244318)
This guy knows what he's talking about. :cool:

Mah ~ it's not just an opinion; he really was voted to be number one :heh:

Ray 2012-07-08 09:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen (Post 4244394)
Mah ~ it's not just an opinion; he really was voted to be number one :heh:

Oh, that's right! I remember reading about that.

Then I guess we could say it's not opinion, but fact! :heh:

Flawfinder 2012-07-08 10:13

Don't really know him enough to get a good grip on him, but he's alright.

Kirito 2012-07-08 22:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anh_Minh (Post 4244316)
I don't know if we can call a loner a guy who can't do anything without adding to his harem. I mean, it's one thing to seduce women by interacting with them in a game, especially one like SAO, but he got
Spoiler for novel, vol 3:

I know that, I'm just talking about what he was like in the beginning of the series. Just staying in tune with what the first episode portrayed him as in the novels.

Kirito 2012-07-08 22:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flawnalyst (Post 4244478)
Don't really know him enough to get a good grip on him, but he's alright.

He's not alright...He's someone that's totally beyond awesome and spectacular!:)

He's a freaking boss that's what he is.

lansglenn 2012-07-08 23:07

Kirito is skilled, courageous, asocial (not anti-social), and a tiny bit reckless so far.

Edit: So I just kind of like him so far. No one truly awesome yet.

dmaxzero 2012-07-11 11:25

Its a very cool character, and he IS reckless and totally unreasonable at times... but he is never arrogant or imposing, he just do what he has to do.

sky black swordman 2012-07-11 18:39

He is also very good with words if you know what I mean.
He is also very a kind and sensitive person.

maelstormCaT 2012-07-11 19:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by sky black swordman (Post 4249885)
He is also very good with words if you know what I mean.
He is also very a kind and sensitive person.

He's good with words? try blunt like a hammer.

He's also pass off as arrogant, but that's just him being recklessly confident to the level of irritating the other guy. Saying "I can do this no problem" without any worries, and completely excelling at practice.

People that knows him tends to 'get used' to the bs he keeps doing while strangers are completely baffled.

Note that he does knows his limit. So whenever he says he can do it, he REALLY can do it.

Irisu 2012-07-12 18:19

He's an unconscious womanizer and a walking game breaker.

sky black swordman 2012-07-12 18:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Komeirin (Post 4251223)

LOL thats for sure on both.

He also sometimes blinded by emotions. Thats all i will say about this because it would be spoiler if I said what I am trying tot say.

Ray 2012-07-12 18:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Komeirin (Post 4251223)

Uhh, I guess that's one way of looking at him as a character..

novalysis 2012-07-13 05:17

He is like Negi Springfield in that manner of the unconscious charm he exerts towards woman. A very smooth talker indeed, and he is lucky he already has Asuna.

Deltaray 2012-07-13 09:27

Adds pretty amusing events in novels atleast

Spoiler for GGO spoiler:

Randomzx 2012-07-13 19:28

He's a blatant Gary Stu pandering to the wish fulfillment crowd. Seriously, he reminds me of that one NCIS episode with the girl being a champion in every MMO ever (yes the author's grasp on the nature of MMO and a player's capability and limitation is that bad).
Needless to say, naming any of his LN 'feats' count as spoiling.