AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L) Kino's travels (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=7317)

Go-lytely 2004-02-13 11:57

Kino's travels

I was blown away by how great this little series was. I only saw the first dvd but I plan on getting the rest. The stories are excellent and each has a underlying theme about the darkside of human nature. If you guys like anime that make you think go watch this.

Hellychan 2004-02-13 13:01

I understand what you mean, sure it's a particular one, different from the other series, but I really like it :D

Knuckles 2004-02-13 14:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go-lytely
I was blown away by how great this little series was. I only saw the first dvd but I plan on getting the rest. The stories are excellent and each has a underlying theme about the darkside of human nature. If you guys like anime that make you think go watch this.

Yeah it is a great show, although the name and art gives the idea that it is a childrens show, it is definitly not so.

It has everything a good show needs, action, drama, philosophy and more.
And I have only seen about half of it.

Ballz 2004-02-13 15:18

I was hoping that my Best Buy would have volume 1 on the shelves today, a week or so ahead of its street date.

No luck. :(

NoSanninWa 2004-02-13 16:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go-lytely

I haven't seen the DVDs yet. Could you tell me if the first DVD includes episode 0? It is a half-sized episode about a country where they build a tower.

Eins610 2004-02-14 01:03

I saw the first episode from the Feb issue of Newtype. It started out very boring, but good thing I kept watching because it got very interesting about 10 minutes in. I'll probably look into buying once almost all of the dvds are released.

Go-lytely 2004-02-14 12:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
I haven't seen the DVDs yet. Could you tell me if the first DVD includes episode 0? It is a half-sized episode about a country where they build a tower.

I got mine at the Best Buy out here. Ep 0 wasnt on there but maybe they will put it on the last dvd.

NoSanninWa 2004-02-14 19:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eins610
I saw the first episode from the Feb issue of Newtype. It started out very boring, but good thing I kept watching because it got very interesting about 10 minutes in. I'll probably look into buying once almost all of the dvds are released.

Pardon my ignorance, but could you please explain this?

Was this episode 0 of Kin no Tabi? (The one with the tower?) How was this distributed with the magazine? DVD? CD-ROM DivX?

I never knew where episode 0 came from and if it was in an issue of a magazine I'd like to know about it. If it is episode 0 that you are talking about I can agree that it started out very boring. I was about to quit watching it. Then all of a sudden it became so absolutely fascinating that the first 7 minutes were completely forgiven.

Go-lytely 2004-02-14 19:19

The DVD in Newtype was ep 1. The one about the city where people could read each other's minds.

NoSanninWa 2004-02-14 19:23

Ah. I was thinking that an old Japanese issue of Newtype was being referred to. Thanks for the information.

Does anyone know where episode 0 came from? Was it shown on TV or distributed with a magazine or what?

dreamless 2004-02-15 14:33

I wish they can make more seasons of Kino no Tabi, this got to be one of the best anime series ever.

Episode 0 - the Country of Tower - Freelance is the Kino no Tabi OVA which was released in year 2002.

Ballz 2004-02-15 21:53

Maybe the novels which the show is based off of will one day hit these shores... although I doubt it.

dreamless 2004-06-12 11:02

well, I just noticed that Kino won 8th place in 26th Annual Animage Grand Prix Favorite Female character poll. really a surprise for me, since this show is practically as non-mainstream as one can get... Good to see there are still quite many people out there who love Kino a lot ;)

Innotech 2004-06-16 14:35

Kinos journey is brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. One of my favorites!

Keiokie 2004-06-16 14:43

I thought it was called Kino's Journey... But I first watched it when I was waiting to go to Anime North. Its such an amazing series. I fell in love with it instantley.

NoSanninWa 2004-06-16 15:55

Actually, it is called Kino no Tabi. People who began watching it before the US DVDs were released called it Kino's Travels. Then the DVDs came out with the title Kino's Journey...

Unfortunately it seems that ADV isn't bringing over episode 0 so at least one episode will never be part of the Journey even though Kino Traveled there. ;)

Za Paper 2004-06-16 23:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Actually, it is called Kino no Tabi. People who began watching it before the US DVDs were released called it Kino's Travels. Then the DVDs came out with the title Kino's Journey...

Unfortunately it seems that ADV isn't bringing over episode 0 so at least one episode will never be part of the Journey even though Kino Traveled there. ;)

Ep 0 was one of the weaker episodes in my opinion anyway.

Knuckles 2004-07-05 22:03

After seeing all the episodes (just fininshed 11-13)
I have to say I think this show is probably on my top 10 list

I was wondering what others think about it who have seen all the episodes.
And in last couple of days I suspect others have also been watching.

Spoiler for episode 12:

Spoiler for episode 13 (do NOT read, if not seen):

Za Paper 2004-07-05 23:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knuckles
After seeing all the episodes (just fininshed 11-13)
I have to say I think this show is probably on my top 10 list

I was wondering what others think about it who have seen all the episodes.
And in last couple of days I suspect others have also been watching.

Spoiler for episode 13 (do NOT read, if not seen):

Spoiler:

dreamless 2004-07-05 23:21

well, episode 0 is quite short, but personally I don't think it's in anyway weak. If anything, it's a perfect start and introduction to the style and pace of Kino no Tabi.

Spoiler for episode 12: