AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   To Aru Majutsu no Index (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=131)
-   -   To Aru Majutsu no Index Movie - News & Speculation (NO Spoilers) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=107262)

relentlessflame 2011-10-02 02:23

To Aru Majutsu no Index Movie - News & Speculation (NO Spoilers)

Per ANN and as indicated on the Official Website, a movie is in production to continue the Index Franchise.

This thread is for News & Speculation about the upcoming movie, but Novel-based spoilers are not allowed even behind spoiler tags. If you wish to speculate based on the novels, please go to the Spoilers & Speculation thread instead.

Drifting Wolf 2011-10-02 02:25

Nice! Thanks for the thread! :D

I wonder what this movie will be about though. I doubt it's in the canon timeline but if Kamachi has a say over it then who knows?

MrTerrorist 2011-10-02 02:49

Whoa, so is this movie based on the novels or a new original story?

Marcus H. 2011-10-02 02:59

I suspect it's original, judging from the responses of the anime project team in one recent discussion here.

Chaos2Frozen 2011-10-02 03:08

My first impression opinions about this matter in a nutshell.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen (Post 3788487)
Fuck, I was right about a Movie, but wrong about the series :heh:

(For those of you that only join recently, several months ago I was strongly pushing for a Railgun Movie about the Sister's Arc.)

From the promo cover, my guess is that it's either a remake like what they did for the Shana movie, or a completely original material... Why? Because Touma and Mikoto are in their Summer Uniform.

Why do they still like that Summer uniform, the Winter ones are much cooler -_-

zeniselv 2011-10-02 03:15

i once writed here, this was gonna happen, and people called me crazy, but i quess itisnt going to be of LN vols 15-16.

Syed_Seinaru_Migi 2011-10-02 03:31

Eh so there really gonna make a movie..WOW which one Index or Railgun....

Eratas123 2011-10-02 03:34

It's original? So will it be canon or non canon? Maybe Touma and Mikoto being in summer uniforms has nothing to do with it and they just used it since it's their iconic outfit.

Xenosnake 2011-10-02 03:35

Hell yes. Can't wait. And even if it's an original story, it'll probably still be considered canon if Kamachi is part of making the script.

Chaos2Frozen 2011-10-02 03:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eratas123 (Post 3788581)
It's original? So will it be canon or non canon? Maybe Touma and Mikoto being in summer uniforms has nothing to do with it and they just used it since it's their iconic outfit.

Then it would look very weird if they're wearing their winter uniform while being promoted in their summer ones.

Eratas123 2011-10-02 04:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen (Post 3788588)
Then it would look very weird if they're wearing their winter uniform while being promoted in their summer ones.

Sorry about that. I tend not to take images at face value since they can easily be changed mid production. I've seen promo images and trailers which had almost absolutely noting related to the actual end product itself

zeniselv 2011-10-02 04:16

well there are little spaces in the timeline to make it canon, since the story is practically day by day, so maybe what touma and mikoto were doing in the timeline of novels 15-16( well i dont remember what touma was doing atm probably overseas or hospitalized), or a prequel(would be awesome to get some answers in movie form) or sequel(wich i really doubt).

Chaos2Frozen 2011-10-02 04:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eratas123 (Post 3788606)
Sorry about that. I tend not to take images at face value since they can easily be changed mid production. I've seen promo images and trailers which had almost absolutely noting related to the actual end product itself

Well, let's hope this is one of those cases then :)

Eratas123 2011-10-02 04:24

I was hoping for the battle royale and the shiage vs mugino arcs to be animated, hopefully they add some parts of either in the movie since they showed GROUP's formation and Hamazura's introduction at the last 2 episodes.

ahelo 2011-10-02 04:49

Index Movie!!?!!?!? Not Railgun?!?!?! Rages terribly* Loljk I like Index too so and more of the franchise is enough for me.

zaeraal 2011-10-02 05:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by ahelo (Post 3788648)
Index Movie!!?!!?!? Not Railgun?!?!?! Rages terribly* Loljk I like Index too so and more of the franchise is enough for me.

This will at least satisfy both Railgun and Index fanbase, because they can make both Railgun Season 2 and Index movie next year.
It's unlikely that they will make Railgun and Index anime at the same time, even though they have different fanbases, but a movie/ova together with anime is OK.
Hypothetically they can make Index anime and Index movie, but I have crossed fingers for Railgun anime and Index movie.

Syed_Seinaru_Migi 2011-10-02 05:23

Maybe there make movie between after Daihasei Festival Arc and before Touma go Italy...i think something like that

Rovert10 2011-10-02 06:06

I was expecting at least Index 3 and maybe 4 then save a movie for the WW3 arc. Didn't expect one this fast.

Chaos2Frozen 2011-10-02 06:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by zaeraal (Post 3788674)
This will at least satisfy both Railgun and Index fanbase, because they can make both Railgun Season 2 and Index movie next year.
It's unlikely that they will make Railgun and Index anime at the same time, even though they have different fanbases, but a movie/ova together with anime is OK.
Hypothetically they can make Index anime and Index movie, but I have crossed fingers for Railgun anime and Index movie.

I was thinking a Railgun movie about the Sister's Arc paired with Index III would had been more ideal. With a Movie budget, the Sister's Arc would be shown in all it's glory.

But since this is the card that we've been dealt with, I would REALLY REALLY REALLY prefer if the Index movie is an original story rather than an adaptation or worse, a remake.

I want to going into it, completely not knowing what the hell would happen... Of course, assuming I didn't spoil myself months before the subs comes out :uhoh:

Qikz 2011-10-02 06:28

As I read somewhere else.. 2 hours of touma punching people, I'm in.