AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Upcoming Archive (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=144)
-   -   (CR) Cardcaptor Sakura Clear Card-hen Anticipation (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=150361)

Stark700 2016-05-27 06:47

Cardcaptor Sakura Clear Card-hen Anticipation

http://i.imgur.com/1MeIBU9.jpg

A new Cardcaptor Sakura anime project announced from the latest scan and part of their 20th Anniversary.

Plot Summary:
Quote:

One day, Sakura Kinomoto accidentally opened a book containing dozens of magical cards called Clow Cards, and they scattered around her hometown of Tomoeda. Sakura was chosen to be the master of these cards and has been enlisted by the sun-based guardian Kerberos to use her magic and reclaim these cards before they make any more trouble in town. She is encouraged by her best friend Tomoyo Daidouji, and she meets a rival cardcaptor, Syaoran Li, who is a direct descendant of the creator of the Clow Cards.
Source:
http://otakomu.jp/archives/384797.html

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2016-05-27 08:36

Wat?! For real this time?! :twitch: Well...I'll just repeat what I've said in the previous thread:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor
Reboot is a bit unnecessary cause the anime (series + movies) is already perfect as is imo, fillers and all. So, I too hope it's a continuation, or maybe some SoL of the cast after all the events of the anime if the project turns out to be OVAs with only few episodes.

If this is a reboot, I hope they bring something new. Just rehashing it with better animation is such a waste of time, talent and money imo. All those resources could've been used for other mangas which haven't seen the light of anime-adaptation.

Kurohane 2016-05-27 08:52

Please be good. Please be good. Please be good.

MeoTwister5 2016-05-27 08:56

Huh... in all honesty I'm curious what they'll do with all that yuri and yaoi-bait subtext in the original.

Kuroageha 2016-05-27 09:07

Oh god why.
This series was perfect as it was.

AB079 2016-05-27 12:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuroageha (Post 5860584)
Oh god why.
This series was perfect as it was.

Is just the new wave, studios using dead series since the current generic stuff is not working anymore. Ther you have FLCL, D-Gray man as some examples, now Cardcaptor Sakura.

I agree with you, this was good as it was and doing another series is not a good thing but we'll see.

larethian 2016-05-27 13:26

I think this could be a reboot to promote the new CCS manga that's starting in a week. Or rather a refresher for nostalgic fans in line with the new serialization?

SidVicious 2016-05-27 14:04

Sakura-chan is back. :love:

Proto 2016-05-27 14:15

The real question here is if we are getting Li Meiling.

Sagitta Luminis 2016-05-27 14:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 (Post 5860579)
Huh... in all honesty I'm curious what they'll do with all that yuri and yaoi-bait subtext in the original.

Yaoi bait? Aren't Touya and Yukito a canon couple?

Maxulous 2016-05-27 15:22

You see people complaining that this is a waste of money, but they've been churning out needless remakes/revisions for years.

Kurohane 2016-05-27 16:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by larethian (Post 5860722)
I think this could be a reboot to promote the new CCS manga that's starting in a week. Or rather a refresher for nostalgic fans in line with the new serialization?

That's definitely one of the reasons. Steins; Gate got a rebroadcast with an alternate ending to promote the sequel game. Rewrite is getting an anime adaptation to get awareness out for the remake/sequel visual novel. Couple of examples of many.

Random14 2016-05-27 19:18

While my first reaction is excitement, I'm more worried they'll ruin my good memories of CCS. CLAMP already ruined things a lot with Tsubasa, and a new CCS manga is already iffy enough as is (probably three chapters, then hiatus for the next year).

I hope its not a reboot, as others have said the original manga and anime are fine as is (especially compared to Sailor Moon's weird original manga and subpar adaptation). While it is tempting to see Sakura in high school with Syaoran, I'd rather they leave it as the happy ending the original manga had. Even an anime reboot closer to the manga plot isn't really worth the trouble (the original anime was pretty close as is).

Proto 2016-05-27 20:04

And we wouldn't get Meiling. :(

I really did like Tsubasa Chronicles though. Even if the entire thing was a depresing clusterfuck it was a hell entertaining one. I'm all for us getting another CCS. Worst case scenario we can just pretend it never existed.

Kismet-chan 2016-05-27 21:14

Part of me really wants this to be fantastic and reel in a new generation of CCS fans. But... another part of me just wants them to leave the damned series alone because I don't want to see another crappy reboot of something I loved as a kid. =/

Master_Yoma 2016-05-27 21:16

Really hoping that its not a reboot would like to see a time skip to see Sakura as a teenager

alex_drian 2016-05-27 21:24

Fear, this feel is fear, CCS is perfect. What they going to add?

1. a love rival for Shaoran? no need
2. a love interest of the opposite sex for Tomoyo?
3. a mix with other works of CLAMP? (please god no)
4. problems of actual shoujo manga with Shaoran?
5. Traits of actual shoujo manga of high schoolers (this is my worst fear)

Kuroageha 2016-05-27 21:49

D.Gray-man was on hiatus. It's a continuation not a remake.

@Alex
"Shaoran, he isn't bad guy! I'm the only one who can understand him!"

That's nightmare fuel!

Flower 2016-05-27 22:06

Well ... I kinda agree that the series was already done really well, but ... well, at the worst I will just not watch the silly thing, I guess. :heh:

Actually scratch that ... it could get worse, but then again it is possible it could totally blindside us with how excellent it is. Well, will just have to brace myself and give it a chance, I suppose.

larethian 2016-05-27 23:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Random14 (Post 5860858)
While my first reaction is excitement, I'm more worried they'll ruin my good memories of CCS. CLAMP already ruined things a lot with Tsubasa, and a new CCS manga is already iffy enough as is (probably three chapters, then hiatus for the next year).

I hope its not a reboot, as others have said the original manga and anime are fine as is (especially compared to Sailor Moon's weird original manga and subpar adaptation). While it is tempting to see Sakura in high school with Syaoran, I'd rather they leave it as the happy ending the original manga had. Even an anime reboot closer to the manga plot isn't really worth the trouble (the original anime was pretty close as is).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Master_Yoma (Post 5860895)
Really hoping that its not a reboot would like to see a time skip to see Sakura as a teenager

We are getting this in the new serialization in the very same magazine next week. Junior high/middle school rather than high. It will not be good to do anime original of time skips just when we are getting a new manga for it :heh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kismet-chan (Post 5860893)
Part of me really wants this to be fantastic and reel in a new generation of CCS fans. But... another part of me just wants them to leave the damned series alone because I don't want to see another crappy reboot of something I loved as a kid. =/

I think this is another key reason. For the new generation.