AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Fansub Groups (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   New encoding forum: Doom10 (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=89030)

Dark Shikari 2009-12-02 19:37

New encoding forum: Doom10

After various bits of drama and discussions with various fansub-related peoples, we've decided to make a new forum for video, subtitles, and encoding-related stuff.

Unlike Doom9, you'll be able to talk about fansubbing here.

Doom10: Of course it's better, it's one more.

sneaker 2009-12-02 21:11

That was fast ... *register*

lubczyk 2009-12-03 10:44

I wonder if it's a good idea? I mean, most of the Doom9 loyalists will stick to Doom9. Additionally, would it really be a good idea to spread the fansub encoding over 2 forums (Doom9 and Animesuki). Plus most fansub groups have their individual encoding forums.

I hope the expertise will not be spread too thin.

lubczyk 2009-12-03 10:51

Found this in the "Why Doom10?" section:

http://doom10.org/index.php?topic=17.0

4. Outdated information

"The vast majority of the information on Doom9 was years out of date and it was often very difficult for newer members to distinguish still-valid guides from those that were half a decade outdated. Doom10 will focus on modern video technology."

I can see the point of this. Some of the forums and guides on Doom9 are really ancient. A fresh, modern reboot is needed once in a while.

SirCanealot 2009-12-12 13:12

This is excellent, it actually makes me want to come back to encoding when I can actually go and talk about stuff.

I mean, I doubt Doom9 was ever going to get a note like this,

"Dear Doom9,

I am a lawyer representing Bandai, and I noticed you have infringed on one of our intellectual properties by talking about "FluxSmooth"ing our Gunddam Seed series.

I would like to have you know that if there is any more Fluxsmoothing of any of our intellectual properties, we will have full grounds to take you to court."

Actually, the world would be a better place if that happened. There wouldn't be any point even trying to live or advance humankind, I'd just sit home and eat toast with strawberry jam.............

salty 2009-12-13 19:59

May I ask this question though, why name the new forum as "doom10"? Why cant it be a other name? If you ask me, its still a shadow of doom9 no matter how updated the site with encoding infos and tools on doom10. The reason why i ask is dont you think its much better if the new site has its own name so it has own reputation as being the new encoding forum which it has no connection/affiliation to old doom9.

Dark Shikari 2009-12-13 21:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by salty (Post 2819587)
May I ask this question though, why name the new forum as "doom10"? Why cant it be a other name? If you ask me, its still a shadow of doom9 no matter how updated the site with encoding infos and tools on doom10. The reason why i ask is dont you think its much better if the new site has its own name so it has own reputation as being the new encoding forum which it has no connection/affiliation to old doom9.

Maybe, it could be changed eventually.

Quarkboy 2009-12-15 09:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Shikari (Post 2819675)
Maybe, it could be changed eventually.

4ch I think managed to make a name for itself despite being directly descended from 2ch.

Time will tell

Zergrinch 2009-12-19 19:38

I welcome Doom10's rules no. 1 and 3, as someone who has fallen afoul of these in the past.

There was no mention of Downloads anywhere in the post. How he know??? :(

D404 2009-12-19 19:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zergrinch (Post 2829299)
I welcome Doom10's rules no. 1 and 3, as someone who has fallen afoul of these in the past.

There was no mention of Downloads anywhere in the post. How he know??? :(

Take a look at the title of your MPC window, smart guy.

TGEN 2009-12-29 11:53

Should've been doom9001.

getfresh 2009-12-31 07:39

Seems like a decent idea. I stopped checking doom9 myself due to the lack of ease in finding specific topics and information. The fact that the programs page needed some serious updating and cleaning. And the overly long pissing matches discussing a topic without ever actually really explaining it in depth.

I think a wiki section explaining terms, syntax, methods, common types of filtering, etc... that is not marred with "holywar" views would be a really welcome addition as well.

jfs 2010-01-01 09:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by getfresh (Post 2846526)
I think a wiki section explaining terms, syntax, methods, common types of filtering, etc... that is not marred with "holywar" views would be a really welcome addition as well.

I think that's the goal of the MultimediaWiki, actually. It's just seldom referenced.