AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L) Rurouni Kenshin (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=4861)

KaitenKenbu 2004-01-14 22:26

Rurouni Kenshin

I have it, I saw it all... yes, episodes 1-95, unedited, and its by far the best anime series ever created. Hope more people have seen this.

KaitenKenbu 2004-01-14 22:31

Rurouni Kenshin

In my opinion, THE best anime every created! :bow: Formal intro to it....

One hundred and forty years ago, in the whirlpool of Kyoto violence that began with Perry’s landing in Japan, there was a warrior called Hitokiri Battousai. This man, who paved the way for the new Meiji era with these bloody battles, disappeared at the conclusion of the bloodshed. With the passage of time he became a legend, known simply as "the strongest."
And so our story begins, in Tokyo, in the year 1878----

http://img.atpictures.com/kenshin/rkenshin000.jpg

Truly the best anime there ever was, and ever will be, Rurouni Kenshin has the best plot i have ever seen in any anime, the most vivid and lively characters, the best example of history weaved into the story line, the best musical score, the best graphics and art in any series, and not to mention an over all great sense of humor with an equal amount of realistic and beautifully choreographed sword fights.

Truly a paramount series with prequels and sequels and a beautiful manga series written, drawn, and created by Nobuhiro Watsuki.

A great site to get more information on this series is...
http://chilax.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1564&st=0

RUROUNI KENSHIN FANS UNITE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dark_Sun 2004-01-16 19:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaitenKenbu
I have it, I saw it all... yes, episodes 1-95, unedited, and its by far the best anime series ever created. Hope more people have seen this.

i might be totally wrong but i dont think there's 95 episodes.....There is excactally 3 series.

wao 2004-01-16 19:57

THis is one of my favourite series too, despite the not-so-nice parts like Kenshin always yelling out his attack name before doing it and the spectators forever giving a running narration... and Shishio being a bit flat... but if it's Kenshin, it's good :P

There ARE 95 episodes, the last arc (which happens not to be in the manga) is the most stupid of all IMO, the first arc is the Tokyo arc, the second one Kyoto.

Now go watch the OVA series Tsuiokuhen. Don't forget to pick your jaw up from the floor.

Snuble07 2004-01-16 21:58

I think it has the best background story, and characters in anime, but fails to be the best series based on cheesy story lines and waste of characters...

Tabiree 2004-01-16 22:35

It's a nice series, pity I had to sell my DVDs when I got to around volume 10 or so. I've got every intention on picking up the US collectors sets around the middle of the year, there's just a few things I need to sort out and get and what not.

guynextdoor 2004-01-17 01:57

if u want to know what actually happens after the kyoto arc, then go get the manga. apparently, when the anime finished the kyoto arc, the author of the manga had not finished the next story arc, therefore explaining the reason for the crappiness of the last 1/3 of the series

megazone23 2004-01-20 15:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark_Sun
i might be totally wrong but i dont think there's 95 episodes.....There is excactally 3 series.

i agree... i remember seeing something else on sale at a store aside from the 95 eps, ova and movie...

megazone23 2004-01-20 15:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by megazone23
i agree... i remember seeing something else on sale at a store aside from the 95 eps, ova and movie...

nevermind, it wasn't another series, just a wrap-up (2-part ova)

http://crystal-showers.com/battousai...eisouhen.shtml
WARNING: don't scroll down any further than the 'posted Oct 2002' part as it's a spoiler as what happens in the ova

donna8157 2004-01-26 02:43

I definitely agree. RK is one of the best series out there. Although .. I really wish that they could have animated Jinchuu . . (maybe they still can?) crosses fingers. Anyway, I love the characters in RK. They're all so memorable. :)

Fronzel 2004-01-28 04:16

I haven't really seen any Kenshin TV, but I did see in a music video in the DDR project what appeared to be a climatic fight scene with a bandaged man during which swords trailed fire and flying bodies broke stone. This is obscene. Maybe I shouldn't judge from some piddling scraps of video, but I'm frightened now. Please tell that this doesn't happen often.

Tenken 2004-01-29 18:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fronzel
I haven't really seen any Kenshin TV, but I did see in a music video in the DDR project what appeared to be a climatic fight scene with a bandaged man during which swords trailed fire and flying bodies broke stone. This is obscene. Maybe I shouldn't judge from some piddling scraps of video, but I'm frightened now. Please tell that this doesn't happen often.

I can understand how you think it might be dumb, but I assure you it isn't. That is really the only time that happens, and that's the biggest fight in the entire series. I have watched all three movies (the first being my favorite) and seen all the eps. Personally I think they should of stopped the series after episode 60, the last 35 eps kinda sucked. You still need to watch them at least one time though :) I've been watching anime for about 4 years now and this is by far my favorite. :frustrated: The dubbed version of Kenshin just flat out sucks, probably the worst dubbing I have heard. Please do NOT watch the dubbed version! :frustrated:

:bow: Kenshin :bow:

Mr_Anonomis 2004-01-29 18:24

in all my years of watching anime kenshin has to be my favorite, i have all 95 episodes in english and japanese(though i cant understand any of it...yet), ova's, movie, lighters, action figures, shirts, all that good stuff, the show is so awesome.

shadowhacker 2004-01-31 17:57

what manga does it leave of

I want to know what manga follows after the show.

Tenkawa-Chan 2004-01-31 20:54

oooo Tenkie loves kenshin! ^.^

I don't have the dvd's myself though, I had to watch a friends, I live in a very anime deprived town, I can't find any dvd's, and the stupid vhs ones are all $25.00... :twitch:

I can't affored that! >_<

Mr_Anonomis 2004-01-31 21:04

you can always order it off the internet, like ebay or you can go to animenation.com or something like that.
that's what i do for all my anime stuff... i live in an extremely anime deprived town where nearly everyone hates anime. :hmm:

Tenkawa-Chan 2004-01-31 21:37

yeah my mom won't met me..... :confused: I don't understand it, I could buy it at the store for way to much then it's really worth, or I could order it and pay almost half as much....:hmm:

I feel your pain. :( there's like two places in my whole town that sells anime. >_< and it's so overpiced it's not funny. -_-; either that or they don't have the whole series. >_>

maybe if I wait a few more years they might get the dvd box set in. :heh:

Mr_Anonomis 2004-01-31 21:47

yeah it sucks, i had to go through a couple years of begging til i got my stuff for my b-day... it really sucked, but i got it :)
then i got a job...sort of, as a camp counsler, and i got all my other anime stuff...and now, im happy

Roots 2004-02-01 16:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tenkawa-Chan
yeah my mom won't met me..... :confused: I don't understand it, I could buy it at the store for way to much then it's really worth, or I could order it and pay almost half as much....:hmm:

I feel your pain. :( there's like two places in my whole town that sells anime. >_< and it's so overpiced it's not funny. -_-; either that or they don't have the whole series. >_>

maybe if I wait a few more years they might get the dvd box set in. :heh:

Your mom is probably paranoid about identity theft from using her credit card on the net. I know how hard it is to convince paranoid mom's that they are being paranoid :) But luckly when I got into RK 3 years ago I had my own card which I used at Best Prices to buy all of my RK (and other) DVDs. I still need to finish off the last arc though.

But yeah I agree RK is the best.

*PS: Tenkawa-chan, your avatar is super-kawaii :D*

Rifka 2004-02-01 16:51

new box set available

Don't know if you've seen it yet but there is a wooden cased box set of the first 1/3 eps. that is beautiful. I just picked it up and the art goes with RK perfectly. I don't think they've released the two following, but will be doing so shortly. You can find it around $100.00, if you actually look, maybe even cheaper. Mine was less but it was a gift from a freind who works at an electronic/cd/dvd/etc store. Good luck.