AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Serie/Series you Dislike (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=32164)

Gattzu 2006-05-14 07:19

I don't really dislike any of the Gundam series ive watched, but Zeta/ZZ, Wing and Victory are the ones I didn't like that much.

And as Obi said, Tomino is overrated.

Saying that Destiny has one sided battles is just fun, especially when Amuro Ray goe s and own everything except Char in the UC series, sure he was emo in Zeta.

Gundam SEED/GSD are the better Gundam series in my book, not so much slapping as in Zeta.

KiNA 2006-05-14 07:26

:D.. for me its Gundam Wing .. For all the rave reviews from some of you here, I was hoping I could like the series.. but very dissappointing .. and honestly, i prefer rewatching GS then watching GW ... And Relena easily could be 2nd in my hated character list .. With Gon HxH being the 1st. The fact that I do finished watching GW is one of a miracle to me (unlike HxH which I quit at ep 20+)

Shinji103 2006-05-14 07:34

As I recall, this thread is specifically made to say what series-es you dislike. So Obi, why don't you just not pay attention to other people's opinions, as I did. :p I didn't utter a word about your opinion that Zeta and Victory are boring. Even when Gerbera disagreed with you, I didn't go into anything about whether or not you were wrong in your opinion and I still won't, despite Zeta and Victory being two of my favorite Gundam serie-es. Obviously you've just got a problem accepting others' opinions. We all know you like GSD. You've made it perfectly clear before. So the only reason you have to tell me to "shut up" is if you don't accept other people's opinions, which is, quite frankly, your problem and not mine.

As for the jumping the bandwagon thing, I kept up the belief that GSD would be a great series as I watched it, and then made my judgement that it sucked after seeing the final episode aired. Until then, I was keeping the opinion that GSD would be good, but the series didn't deliever. So I for one didn't jump the wagon until the show was over.

And Last_Hope, I don't see why you're saying here that somebody will post about something being bad just because somebody else said it was good, since nobody, even Obi, said a word about GSD being good.

srb 2006-05-14 07:35

Quote:

Enjoyment of anime varies for various people
This is the key point - while Obi does have a point in that not all people hate GSD, he is rather blunt and reckless when defending it himself.

I do believe that GSD is a stinking pile of shit, but I also believe that it could have been one of the best anime shows ever if the production hadn't been so plagued, and with a few changed elements. What GSD most fundamentally lacks is feeling and suspense.

Quote:

Saying that Destiny has one sided battles is just fun, especially when Amuro Ray goe s and own everything except Char in the UC series,
Yeah, but the difference is that while Amuro and the other UC pilots have their moments of pure ownage, they also have their "holy freaking crap, I almost died!" moments.

The number of moments like these for the main pilots in GSD can be counted on one hand, and some may even be disqualified, for example the destruction of Freedom - we already knew that it was going to be destroyed or seriously maimed, and Kira didn't think anything about it later other than that he lost Lacus' precious sword. Besides these there are other things that make the battles so one-sided.

Sure, Amuro took out nine Rick Doms while they were exiting Side 6, a very impressive tally. However, Shinn took on 30 Windams and Neo, and won. Of course, the Windams didn't actually do anything, all Shinn had to do was to shoot a Windam, block a shot from Neo, rinse and repeat - that's a one-sided battle, since the Windams were there just to blow up. Then Kira took out 25 GOUFs and ZAKUs and three Nazca-class ships in two minutes with SF, and he toyed with the Babis in Freedom in episode 26, and Shinn toyed with Destroys in the last 12 episodes.

The scale is completely different. While the main pilots in UC certainly do kill their share of enemies and are important presences on the battlefield, it's because they're the Good Guys - they're supposed to win. However, they do still face challenges, and the ordinary grunts don't usually hang still in the air waiting for a subsonic boomerang to nail both of them.

Look at the last episodes of GS, with the battles against the druggies. There was suspense, Kira's life was in danger several times, it made for excellent fights despite some instances of reused animation since there was that aura of suspense.

Now look at GSD - there's just the reused animation, with no feelings behind it.

Shinji103 2006-05-14 07:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by srb
but I also believe that it could have been one of the best anime shows ever if the production hadn't been so plagued, and with a few changed elements.

Completely agreed. I also thought that GSD could have been, and still think it can be, thanks to the SEs, a great Gundam production. But the way the TV series went after episode 12 started to get bad and then hit rock bottom at 29 and up, imo. I did and still do love the first 12 episodes of GSD.

srb 2006-05-14 07:45

I pretty much agree. While there were some moments of annoyance in the first 12 episodes, they were generally good and more important than anything else, they showed promise regarding the show's future - they were setting up events and characters.

Unfortunately, nothing from the first twelve episodes actually bore fruit later on...

Red-Razor 2006-05-14 09:36

i realy realy hate the story of g-gundam or gundam g or whatever :S
why pilot a thing like that then you can even put a break dancer in the gundam and let the gundam break dance :S and the story i also dislike :S

yamikage 2006-05-14 09:45

I don't hate any particular series. Any Gundam series is fine by me since each have their own particular merits. I only dislike parts or certain circumstances of them. And hate is a strong word.

For example:

Spoiler:

BTW, I'm impressed this still isn't a legendary topic. I thought this woud be deleted quite quickly since the topic seemed trollbait.

Sekreteraren 2006-05-14 14:31

Gundam Wing. I never got this series. Characters are either bad or mediocre, the mecha design sucked (okay, the Tallgeese is kinda cool). And it isn't like the action was all that impressive either. Story had some original elements, but all in all it's at steaming pile of crap.

Seed Destiny. Lots of wasted potential all around. Insert all the common complaints here.

Obi-Wan 2006-05-14 15:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shinji103
Hello, my name is Shinji and I totally missed the point with my bullshit post.

Shinji, I don't have a problem accepting your opinion. If you want to be an anti-GSD homer, I'm not going to stop you. I have a problem with you saying "GSD sucks, just ask anyone who's seen it". I don't hate GSD, and I wish people like you would quit speaking for everyone. Use "I" statments. You may hate GSD, cool, whatever, but there are people here who don't hate it.

Shinji103 2006-05-14 16:17

Fyi since you apparently didn't realize it, I said "the many many faults have been debated many many times before." I didn't say everybody hates it. Most of the people I know who watched GSD don't like it, and most of the people I know who liked it still acknowledge its faults, so by asking anybody who watched it, chances are you'll find its faults anyway, hence "ask anybody who watched it." And as I said, we know you like GSD, so that automatically dissproves your idea that I believe and want to say everybody hates it, since if I know that you (as well as others) like it, then I can't believe everybody dislikes/hates it. Not to mention, I was like one of two or three people here who said "I dislike/hate GSD," out of what, 10-15 people? Obviously not everybody dislikes/hates it. So, yeah.

Obi-Wan 2006-05-14 20:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shinji103
GSD. Easily the worst Gundam series ever. This one doesn't need any explaining for anybody who has seen it...

Then choose your words more carefully next time.

Rich 2006-05-14 20:25

probaly gundam seed destiny, because it was practically like gundam seed.... like more like a replay...... but it started off good ..... well if there IS GS 3 i hope it won't be like another repeat..... but i liked GS but GSD totally blew me off, like not enough creativity...

example:

Freedom ---> Strike Freedom
Justice ---> Infinite Justice
Strike ---> Impulse
Providence ---> Legend

like they have to create more newer gundams, not similar ones .... !!

Crusader 2006-05-14 21:25

Hmm thats not a tough choice.

0080- That series just didn't work for me. Boring to the core, with uninteresting chracters.

G-Gundam- just couldn't get into it, still can't. Crappy looking gundam's at every turn, but humours stereotyping.

Zeta- Yes i said it. (prefers GSD to Zeta, perfers even pokemon to Zeta.) an all around cast of crummy chracters with an exception of a few. boring parts seemed to go on. The titans actions make no sense almost, especially towards the end. (like every jumping to the scirroco bandwagon, only to get vaporized in the end. Scirocco was just a plain sorry villian. Compared to Gilbert, he's nothing)

CCA- worse gundam movie ever (my opinion) Char just out and out sucked. The Actions of the Zeon just disgusted me. (they are gold diggers in a sense) first they were Zabi fan boys, then Haman, then Char (who dissed both Haman and the Zabi's, what happened to thier fanatical fanboyism/fangirlism?) Char's motives sucked it just ruined hsi chracter.

RX-78GP04G Gerbera 2006-05-14 21:30

CCA is just like the real world really...

People need something to believe in...people like Zeon Zum Deikun...the Zabi Family...Haman Karn....Char...they all gave people something to believe in and something they felt they could live for and without a leader, they felt completely lost and had no idea what to do.

Char's motives aren't really much different from Gilbert's really...they want to completely change humanity into something different and "better" to their eyes. Though while Char is more upfront and actually works towards his goal up close, Gilbert sits back and controls things from behind the scenes.

tetsuo69 2006-05-14 21:56

in my opinion it would have to be F91 and turn A worst Gundam series ever Rofl

GSD Rock!! it had the anti GSD haters and the Fanboys waiting over night every weekends for each episode...

Obi-Wan you should ignore shinji, he hates GSD,kira,lacus,clyne faction and i doubt anything will ever change his mind.

lenin 2006-05-14 22:50

I like the 08 ms team &0083
OVA of gundam can be always better than TV. and film
i think shiro amada is a good leader,that‘s the reason i prefer him to amuro ray。
a superman can't win a war .

we need good forces and leaders
that is what 08ms want to tell us

Shinji103 2006-05-14 22:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by tetsuo69
Obi-Wan you should ignore shinji, he hates GSD,kira,lacus,clyne faction and i doubt anything will ever change his mind.

Isn't that true of everybody who hates or likes GSD? :heh: I mean, the haters and the lovers, neither will ever change their mind about it, right? :heh: You, me, Obi, Wingdarkness... lol

Although I'll most certainly and gladly change my opinion about GSD if the SEs are good.

And I already told Obi to ignore me, and Nightengale also told him to ignore me as well, but he still chooses not to. I'm just not paying attention to him now though, to avoid any further forum emo here. :heh:

Obi-Wan 2006-05-15 01:46

Ignore, hmm...but then it wouldn't be any fun. If everyone just got to say what they wanted without anyone talking back, forums would boring as all hell.

sonicetom raeorf besiba

Viet_Nammer 2006-05-15 02:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rin-Sama
Gundam seed sucked. I liked it up until the last 2 episodes. The final battle was SO CLICHE!!! anf Flay dieing didn't help anything. I HATED THAT PART!

lol i hate that part to.