AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Do you like TEA ? (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23461)

??? 2004-11-07 21:14

Do you like TEA ?

Ok.. I drink tea everyday, in very large quantity... the reason why i drink it is because it keeps me awake all night more then coffee and more healthy then coffee. I know that japanese peoples drink alot of tea cause its part of ther culture, especialy green tea. Everytime an anime character drink tea it makes me wanna drink tea even more. Maybe im addicted i donno what to say, i love tea.

Enhancing immune function
Lowering LDL cholesterol levels
Increasing HDL cholesterol levels
Reducing blood pressure
Thinning the blood
Reducing the risk of a heart attack
Lowering the risk of stroke
Reducing the risk of cancer
Boosting longevity
Aiding digestion
Preventing dental cavities and gingivitis

My favorite tea is the Chai Tea (Black Tea), what's your favorite tea ?

Shay 2004-11-07 21:22

You can flush all those plus points down the crapper if you drink tea the way I do.

Spoon full of tea and a cup full of sugar is the only way to drink tea!1

raikage 2004-11-07 21:24

I drink tea, but not because I saw someone do it in an anime once...

Meow 2004-11-07 21:31

Stevia

My favorite Tea is Stevia, MUCH MORE SWEET THEN SUGAR OR HONEY ! And do Prevent cavities and sugar level ! Its just a leaf. not like sugar :nono:

Sugar is BADDDDDDD

1 drop of stevia = 3 spoon of sugar
stevia is primarily used as a sweetener in Japan.

http://www.stevia.net/

Tzurial 2004-11-07 21:43

wow, I am a HUGE tea fan.

Im not too fond of the spice flavor most Indian teas have, but Chai is indeed exceptional and I like it's darker character. Myself, I tend to favor green teas..my favorite being toasted green tea (Hoji-cha) and brown rice tea is up there too (Genmai-cha). Jasmine tea is another one I like a lot, but more for the aroma than the taste because it gets bitter easily. I recently picked up Pekoe tea and I'd recommend that if you like Oolong.

What do you think of red tea? I really want to like it because of all it's health benefits, but honestly...it tastes like cough medicine.

ramune 2004-11-07 22:00

I drink tea, but I really don't like green tea though.

Shay 2004-11-07 22:00

My favourite tea is PG Tips then closely followed by Tetley’s. :D

TronDD 2004-11-07 22:05

I hate tea. It's aweful.

I don't like flavored water unless it's really strong. Coffee for example. I can't drink something that tastes watered down. Nothing like Fruit 2O or just a twist of lemon in a glass of water. Nasty.

Tea strong enough to not taste watered down tastes pretty bad, too.

guest 2004-11-07 22:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meow
My favorite Tea is Stevia, MUCH MORE SWEET THEN SUGAR OR HONEY ! And do Prevent cavities and sugar level ! Its just a leaf. not like sugar :nono:

Sugar is BADDDDDDD

Really??? Where can you get this Stevia (not online, please)? Starbucks? Do you recommend any brand? Maybe this can finally get rid of my fear toward tea. Right now...tea...plain bitter, too bitter. :o If you don't mind sharing, please do tell. :D

Bronwen Stx 2004-11-07 22:27

I love tea. One can say I'm addicted to it. But then again...I like anything that can keep you awake...like coffee.

*coughs* Anyways, I probably prefer jasmine tea over anything else but I'm willing to drink all sorts of flavour, sometimes I put honey in my tea. Yum.

Muir Woods 2004-11-07 22:28

I think there could be more options in this poll than just YES or NO (eg. "I like tea plain", "I like tea with sugar & cream"...). Anyways, I used drink tea, so I voted yes. My favorite kind of tea is red tea. More specifically, I like Oolong tea [鳥龍茶], and I used to drink it straight up, nearly everyday in the afternoon. But now I have to wake up at 6:30 AM, so I drink coffee in the morning. I find the one-two punch of caffeine and glucose gives me the energy I need to stay awake in my (very dull) bio 101 class at 8 AM. ZZZ.

Meow 2004-11-07 22:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by guest
Really??? Where can you get this Stevia (not online, please)? Starbucks? Do you recommend any brand? Maybe this can finally get rid of my fear toward tea. Right now...tea...plain bitter, too bitter. :o If you don't mind sharing, please do tell. :D

Its found in any Herbal Naturist Store (herbologist store). You can buy it as herb tea or liquid drop bottle. Because i love things sweet, i usualy add stevia drops on my milk, juice, cereal instead of sugar cause sugar is not good for your blood so. Yeah stevia is only an herb that taste MEGA MEGA sweet and is also good for you cause it contains vitamins. NOTHING on earth is sweeter then Stevia.

I recomment it to diabetes and dental care. After sleep i brush my teeth and then i take a drop of stevia to keep the sweet taste inside of my mouth :heh:
Sugar cause 100% cavities as for Stevia it kills germs and prevent cavities.

No maltose, no dextrose, no fructose, no FOS, or other carbohydrates like maltodextrin, NO Aspartame.

And taste the same as white sugar.

http://www.emperorsherbologist.com/stevsug.shtml
http://www.emperorsherbologist.com/steviawhy.shtml

mintyfresh 2004-11-07 23:02

What a peculiar thread.. ^^;

Well, yes, I drink tea. I like to have at least a cup or two everyday. Unless I'm completely drained, i always have a cup of tea with me on my drive to school/work instead of coffee.

Granted, I love coffee (and it's various cousins) as well. Seeing as I live in souther california, it's not too hard to come by seeing as there's a starbucks or/and coffee bean on every other corner. It's usually a life saver for me on some of the more sluggish days in my 3 hour classes..

But tea is stil my one true love -- simply the perfect way to start/end a day.

AnimeFangirl 2004-11-07 23:07

Earl Grey > all of you, mmkay? :D I like plain old tea in a teabag or tea leaves. None of those fancy herbal teas and weird thingies for me. Green tea isn't bad, but it's just funny-tasting hot water. Tea has to be TEA!! And don't forget the cream and sugar!!

mintyfresh 2004-11-07 23:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorfl
Earl Grey > all of you, mmkay? :D

you took the words out of my mouth.

Cammie 2004-11-07 23:16

Quote:

Earl Grey > all of you, mmkay? :D I like plain old tea in a teabag or tea leaves. None of those fancy herbal teas and weird thingies for me. Green tea isn't bad, but it's just funny-tasting hot water. Tea has to be TEA!! And don't forget the cream and sugar!!

I like Earl Grey also with some cream no sugar. My opinion sugar kills the flavor for hot and cold tea. Jasmine tea is by far my favorite. :) I really don't like those flavored teas with the hint of orange, cranberry, mint, ect...

edit: I'll have to try Chai Tea

Pika 2004-11-07 23:17

Stevia Tea kicks Gatorade's ASS :bow: :bow: :bow:

guest 2004-11-07 23:26

Quote:

Its found in any Herbal Naturist Store (herbologist store). You can buy it as herb tea or liquid drop bottle. Because i love things sweet, i usualy add stevia drops on my milk, juice, cereal instead of sugar cause sugar is not good for your blood so. Yeah stevia is only an herb that taste MEGA MEGA sweet and is also good for you cause it contains vitamins. NOTHING on earth is sweeter then Stevia.

I recomment it to diabetes and dental care. After sleep i brush my teeth and then i take a drop of stevia to keep the sweet taste inside of my mouth :heh:
Sugar cause 100% cavities as for Stevia it kills germs and prevent cavities.

No maltose, no dextrose, no fructose, no FOS, or other carbohydrates like maltodextrin, NO Aspartame.

And taste the same as white sugar.

http://www.emperorsherbologist.com/stevsug.shtml
http://www.emperorsherbologist.com/steviawhy.shtml

In other word, I have to make my own cup of Stevia if I want to try this. :eyebrow: I thougt I could just buy a cup of this somewhere. I just don't want to buy a jar of Stevia tea leaves and find out that I don't like it.
I guess I will keep my eyes peeled and look for a place where it's available. :cool:
By the way, do I have to learn how to make tea with this? My idea of tea is just hot water plus tea leaves. Is there anything I should know before I do this to Stevia? :D

sarcasteak 2004-11-07 23:31

I like the cheap tea they always serve in Chinese restaurants...I just drink them like water. :D

AnimeFangirl 2004-11-07 23:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cammie
I like Earl Grey also with some cream no sugar. My opinion sugar kills the flavor for hot and cold tea. Jasmine tea is by far my favorite. :) I really don't like those flavored teas with the hint of orange, cranberry, mint, ect...

I can go without sugar for hot tea, but if it's cold tea, there's gotta be some sweetness in there. Speaking of cold tea, has anyone tried that cold tea they serve at Chinese places, where they put some tapioca in it? Big brown pearls of tapioca, not the glutinous white type. It's quite delicious, though I don't have a clue what it's called. :p

Meow 2004-11-07 23:34

If you buy as tea you can serve in hot water, hot milk, hot juice.
If you buy it liquid you can serve in anything, food, cold drinks, hot drinks.... anything !

Meow 2004-11-07 23:36

Quote:

I can go without sugar for hot tea, but if it's cold tea, there's gotta be some sweetness in there. Speaking of cold tea, has anyone tried that cold tea they serve at Chinese places, where they put some tapioca in it? Big brown pearls of tapioca, not the glutinous white type. It's quite delicious, though I don't have a clue what it's called. :p

I love this Cold chinese tea :P The name you have been searching is: boba (mama's breast) tea :heh:

http://importfood.com/media/bubbletea_thai_mint.jpg
You can make your own here: http://importfood.com/bubbletea.html#Anchor-Thai-49575

Superchop 2004-11-07 23:47

I drink tea every now and again...

I don't really have any preference...i just drink what's around the house mostly a lemon flavored tea from lipton...

Kamui4356 2004-11-07 23:53

Quote:

Sugar is BADDDDDDD

Hmm, looks like the fda is in the sugar industry's pocket. :uhoh:

Anyway I drank tea before I even knew what anime was, but I don't drink it that often, unless you count iced tea. I also drink coffee on occasion and even tea and coffee mixed. Still I perfer cold drinks most of the time.

Sepiraph 2004-11-08 00:05

I drink both Chinese (Chai) and Orange Pekoe tea, and I'd prefer Pekoe tea over coffee or coke when at a coffee shop. In fact, I usally order a tea before I go to work.

Sakaki 2004-11-08 00:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cammie

Earl Grey would be my favorite hot tea, green and chai for Ice teas. During the summer I drink 2 or 3 quarts of ice tea a day.

I don't care for sweetened teas, so no sugar for me, no milk either.

Chai tea has cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, allspice, and ginger flavors in it, kind of like the flavor of pumpkin pie.

aahhsin 2004-11-08 00:20

Quote:

I love this Cold chinese tea :P The name you have been searching is: boba (mama's breast) tea :heh:

You can make your own here:

Boba is the little black balls that are found in the tea which are Taiwanese. The tea itself is just called "milk tea" and give the creation to the british.

Your right about one thing Boba does mean titties. A nice stab at the Taiwanese from the Hong Kong people.

raikage 2004-11-08 00:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by guest

Starbucks tea = crap.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarcasteak
I like the cheap tea they always serve in Chinese restaurants...I just drink them like water. :D

Chinese tea = great. Can't remember the exact name of that style of tea, though...I think my grandfather calls it pu ni cha or something like that...

ramune 2004-11-08 00:38

Quote:

The alternative names are Pearl tea and Bubble tea. They sound a lot better imo :heh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by aahhsin
Your right about one thing Boba does mean titties. A nice stab at the Taiwanese from the Hong Kong people.

To be exact Boba means BIG titties. You won't call a girl with flat chest "boba" :heh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by raikage
Chinese tea = great. Can't remember the exact name of that style of tea, though...I think my grandfather calls it pu ni cha or something like that...

Isn't it called pu li?

NoSanninWa 2004-11-08 02:23

Ah, tea! I love tea. It is the beverage I love best and most often drink.

Usually I drink black teas with sugar and no milk. Lately I've been enjoying Margaret's Hope Estate darjeeling that way.

There are some exceptions though....

Lately I've been enjoying an infusion of rose buds that Oneesama turned me on to. I drink that with honey instead of sugar. While I normally find that honey covers much of the teas complexity, in this rose bud tea it complements the natural flavor and aroma while enhancing complexity. YuUuuUuuMMmmmmy....

There are only two teas that I enjoy with milk. The first exception is English Breakfast. I like that with milk and honey. I brew it darker than other teas also.

For some reason those are the only two teas that I like with honey, otherwise sugar is best.

The other tea that I like with milk is Indian Chai of course. I brew that in milk instead of water so it is almost nothing except for milk. With the intense spices and rich milk it is very flavorful indeed.

Mr. Shabaz 2004-11-08 02:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by ???
Do you like TEA?

Wait a second... is it ICED tea??:heh:

Nevermind, bad joke. To stay on topic, I like tea, especially the mint flavor.

Avaj 2004-11-08 02:50

I like tea in general, standard mass produced Lipton brand, Chai, Pepermint.
Boy you can suck the flavor out of all sorts of dry things.

That stevia stuff sounds interesting, so even though it's a 'supplement' in the USA can it be purchased in a powdered form to be used like sugar?

ato 2004-11-08 03:51

Ahhh, tea. Also my favourite way of ingesting caffeine isomorphic molecules :) Especially black, hot and without lemon spoilage. Crurrently highest on my list are Assam (golden should be your choice if you can get it at all) and Darjeeling (first flush is better, but it does elevate the price a bit).

Interestingly, I have read that there is sold over 240% more darjeeling worldwide over the cause of a year than is actually produced. That should tell you something about cheap darjeeling tea ;) But seriously, good tea is far, far tastier than practically everything you can get in prepackaged bags. Especially if the bags have been well ventilated (as they almost always have been), making for a total lack of high flavour notes. At least IMHO.

Ah, my tea is getting cold! Means it's time to get back to work I guess :D

??? 2004-11-08 03:53

Yeah Stevia is soo sweet that your eye's will blink with just a single drop at your tongue. Ive tryed Stevia Tea and damn ... its more sweet then a cute girl at your bed. :heh:

Anywars, that boba tea sounds interesting ! feel free to post recipe :)

NoSanninWa 2004-11-08 04:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by ato
Interestingly, I have read that there is sold over 240% more darjeeling worldwide over the cause of a year than is actually produced. That should tell you something about cheap darjeeling tea ;) But seriously, good tea is far, far tastier than practically everything you can get in prepackaged bags. Especially if the bags have been well ventilated (as they almost always have been), making for a total lack of high flavour notes. At least IMHO.

That is interesting. I've heard that some people mix a little bit of darjeeling into other cheap black tea and call it darjeeling. But I had no idea that the problem was so sever as to inflate the quantity of darjeeling 240% worldwide! The moral is that you ought to be sure what you're getting when you buy tea.

I couldn't emphasize enough what you have to say about tea bags. Once I got used to the flavor of good loose tea I discovered that the tea bags I had once found quite satisfactory were quite bland due to their lacking those flavor notes. Anyone who has only had prepackaged tea bags only has a vague idea of what real tea tastes like.

tanuki 2004-11-08 07:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muir Woods
I think there could be more options in this poll than just YES or NO (eg. "I like tea plain", "I like tea with sugar & cream"...). Anyways, I used drink tea, so I voted yes. My favorite kind of tea is red tea. More specifically, I like Oolong tea [鳥龍茶], and I used to drink it straight up, nearly everyday in the afternoon. But now I have to wake up at 6:30 AM, so I drink coffee in the morning. I find the one-two punch of caffeine and glucose gives me the energy I need to stay awake in my (very dull) bio 101 class at 8 AM. ZZZ.

I drink large quantities of iced tea, but if served hot, I'd probably prefer coffee to tea. Oh, and if the goal is to be awake for a dull class first thing in the morning after getting too little sleep, I'd go with a Jolt Cola. ;)

sarcasteak 2004-11-08 07:31

Quote:

Speaking of cold tea, has anyone tried that cold tea they serve at Chinese places, where they put some tapioca in it? Big brown pearls of tapioca, not the glutinous white type. It's quite delicious, though I don't have a clue what it's called. :p

Like Meow said, it's generally called Boba Milk Tea, Tapioca Tea, or simply Boba (and for your information, boba means "Big Boobs" in Chinese). In most Asian-infested places such as California, the boba stores usually have a wide selection of tea you can choose instead of the generic milk tea. :)

dreamless 2004-11-08 08:03

I like tea, however I don't like tea with sugar, milk, juice or whatever else too much. I just love the plain original chinese tea. My favorite are the "silver needle" tea ( 银针 ) and Longjing tea ( 龙井 ) but the good ones are quite expensive, so I go with normal jasmine tea most of the time. Just put the tea leaves in a tea pot, put in boiling water, wait fifteen minutes and great tea! :)

My problem with milk teas, cream teas, sugar teas, juice teas etc. etc. is that I think those additives destroy the original flavor and aroma of the tea, and make them taste cheap IMO. If I want such cheap taste I'd go with other drinks. Nothing beats the calming aroma of the plain original chinese tea.

Shii 2004-11-08 08:27

|ω・)つ 旦~ Would you like some fancy japanese tea?

dreamless 2004-11-08 08:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashibaka
|ω・)つ 旦~ Would you like some fancy japanese tea?

personally I don't really like the japanese way of using powdered tea leaves to make tea and consuming the tea leaves with the tea... I just don't like eating the tea leaves, IMO they taste bad, powdered or not... :eyespin: