AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Manga (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   (L) Kaguya-sama wa kokurasetai (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=142045)

Tenzen12 2016-03-31 16:08

Kaguya-sama wa kokurasetai

Name: Kaguya-sama wa kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no renai zunousen
Alternative name: Kaguya wants to be confessed.
Author: Akasaka Aka
http://cdn.myanimelist.net/images/manga/3/169991l.jpg

Synopsis:
Quote:

People fall in love, confess and get together. No matter who you ask, everyone would agree that the hat is wonderful thing.

BUT THAT'S WRONG!! There is clearly defined relationship of power between lovers! One that controls and who is controlled. The one who obeys and one who is obeyed. Looser and winner. If you aspire for something higher than your position, you will undoubtedly became looser! Love is war and one that falls in love looses.

...or that what two most prominent members of highly prestigious private academy school council believe in at least. Who will one to confess and who will be one confessed. President Shirogane, or vice president Kaguya their everyday battles over supremacy begin.
It is sort of like Death note: the romcom. Where both main characters employ various over convulsive mind games to get other one make first step... with hilariously mixed results. Manga became the enough popular to switch from monthly magazine to weekly one recently

bakato 2016-03-31 19:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tenzen12 (Post 5815350)
Name: Kaguya-sama wa kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no renai zunousen
Alternative name: Kaguya wants to be confessed.
Author: Akasaka Aka
http://cdn.myanimelist.net/images/manga/3/169991l.jpg

Synopsis:

It is sort of like Death note: the romcom. Where both main characters employ various over convulsive mind games to get other one make first step... with hilariously mixed results. Manga became the enough popular to switch from monthly magazine to weekly one recently

They could learn a lesson from Brody and Hummer.

Kunagisa 2016-05-19 17:52

Kinda wish this continued on seiga on Nico. The tsukkomi was fun. Also, tfw Fujiwara actually lost in "Chapter 17" (they should've went with the new magazine's chapter numbering).

NeutralZero 2016-05-19 18:57

like the series and both characters are tsundere to one another
and these are the rare kind of tsundere and not the devil spawn of Louise tsundere
rooting for the 3rd wheel secretary to finally give them the push to confess to one another

Tenzen12 2016-05-20 09:45

Well, while they are definitely more benign than Louise, their mind is full of evil thoughts. Though they can't even compare to true criminal mastermind pretending to be airhead secretary...

NeutralZero 2016-05-20 11:03

The power of the air? head secretary should not be trifled with
but looks like a new wild card enters with Kaguya's valet, Ai hayasaka...
still can't get over with her after she asked Kaguya if the pres and the secretary started dating and even try texting the pres when kaguya's too tsun to do it...

Zooasaurus 2016-09-05 09:51

http://i.imgur.com/p3IOh7B.png
Just Ishigami things

Wandering Soul 2016-09-05 12:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zooasaurus (Post 5938729)
http://i.imgur.com/p3IOh7B.png
Just Ishigami things

I can relate to Ishigami on that

The One Above God 2016-09-05 17:37

Ishigami is easily the best side character here.

Tenzen12 2016-09-05 17:43

You mean he is better than "The puppet master"/"Cotton candy MK.2" secretary and ninja gal maid?

I wouldn't be so daring to clearly announce victor here...:heh:

Zooasaurus 2016-09-06 06:52

Fujiwara is the best supporting/side character. I mean, just look at the wiener and Club episode :D

Also, i don't quite understand why this thread is so empty. The manga is a brilliant romcom IMO

Wandering Soul 2016-09-06 20:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zooasaurus (Post 5939447)
Also, i don't quite understand why this thread is so empty. The manga is a brilliant romcom IMO

An episodic comedy manga like this doesn't exactly give much to discuss.

Irenicus 2016-09-07 00:21

There's A LOT more discussion on manga aggregate sites. Not unusual really, this sub-forum is a wooded mountain village compared to those online metropolises, and banter needs volume to sustain itself. For what's it worth this is inarguably one of the most popular commented upon manga on those sites. It's kind of brilliant.

WingedAccelerator 2016-09-07 07:00

Nice to see how the series gets more and more attention. ^^
I kinda played with the thought of an anime adaptation in the near or distant future. It has the advantage of being a weekly series with considerable amount of dialogue, so I don't really see more than 3 chapters being adapted into a single episode. The first 3 chapters would be perfect for the pilot episode. As for the cast:
The president screams Uchiyama Kouki for me. A nice deep voice that works really well with comedic scenes.
Not sure, if Hayami Saori gets a lot of hate or not being in many shows, but I think she would be great as Kaguya. She can do the tsun side and the dere side wihout fail.
Fujiwara just needs a cute voice, but to be more specific, Minase Inori would be my choice. Minase Inori has a tendency of voicing fan favorites, or rather her roles seems to be popular most of the time. Hestia, Rem, Chino...
For Ishigami, Okamoto Nobuhiko came to my mind first, but Matsuoka Yoshitsugu wouldn't be bad either.
Dunno about the studio though. If it gets decent budget and directing, then almost every studio would be fine.

Sixth 2016-09-07 07:34

Just read around 4 chapters, and wow, it did gave me the vibe of the death note in cute way. Both of them were meant for each other because they were definitely think too much. I like how Kaguya thinks Fujiwara as nothing but a cattle that trying to ruin her life. :heh:

Y Ddraig Goch 2016-09-07 07:37

This thread's finally getting some momentum, I see

Spoiler for Thoughts:

How is this manga doing in terms of sales? The author's previous work got axed. You could really feel the regret and want to continue it in the afterword. :/ Don't want the same thing befalling this one as well.

Tenzen12 2016-09-07 08:37

It have to sell pretty well. Kaguya was originally monthly manga but because popularity it changed to weekly magazine, so...

Speaking of possible adaptation Fukuyama would make nice president, Ishigami would be Ono. Hayamin is good VA, but I don't wanna see her as Kaguya, she can do moore than just ojou kuudere. Oregairu did pretty disservice to her boxing her in that archetype imho. Maybe have her play fujiwara, she is good in airhead roles.

WingedAccelerator 2016-09-07 09:44

The ratings from Amazon are also great, if it means anything.

As for the weekly rankings:
Spoiler:

If Hayamin won't get Kaguya, then Hayasaka is her role. It will be similar to her role as Ryu in DanMachi.

Tenzen12 2016-09-22 20:00

Oh so it's here, Shirogane and Kaguya together finally climbed stairs of adulthood...

Wandering Soul 2016-09-23 12:24

Wow, I really wasn't expecting that from Kaguya. I burst out laughing at that page.