AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

xeviouses 2016-08-21 02:36

^Wait, is that photoshopped or an actual model? 'Cause I'm seriously impressed if it's a model.

Tormenk 2016-08-21 02:46

You would be right to be impressed, it's the winning entry for the Australia GBWC.

---

Pity the RG Sinanju is a weak entry to the lineup even though it looks fantastic. Was hoping to get the eventual RG Sinanju Stein but seems like my hopes are dashed.

Faux Mecha 2016-08-21 03:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by xeviouses (Post 5927221)
^Wait, is that photoshopped or an actual model? 'Cause I'm seriously impressed if it's a model.

wait, what makes you think that was a photoshopped image? its just a simple trick that is buying three 00 Raisers & give the same pose then giving them gradient based paint jobs to give in illusion of after images from the Trans-Am effect. :heh:

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2016-08-21 03:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Global Sword 2 (Post 5927238)
wait, what makes you think that was a photoshopped image? its just a simple trick that is buying three 00 Raisers & give the same pose then giving them gradient based paint jobs to give in illusion of after images from the Trans-Am effect. :heh:

It's not a photoshop, but it's also not that simple. The single most-front kit alone involved assembling three different kits together: Regular RG + RG Trans-am (solid) + RG Trans-am (clear). Cut them in precisely in certain places and then combine them together before painting. Its a goddamn work of art. It's more than just three 00 Raisers. At least that's what I get from observing it.

xeviouses 2016-08-21 04:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Global Sword 2 (Post 5927238)

Because of the forefront model, that's a combination of three kits alone, Obelisk pointed out. Cut precisely in parts to give the idea that its entering/exiting trans-am.

Wow, the entire thing must be at least 3-4 kits used plus support packs.

Kuroi Hadou 2016-08-21 04:34

I count five kits in total: Three alone in the front one as Obelisk pointed out, and then the two separate kits behind it.

Router25 2016-08-21 06:11

It could also be two regular RG 00 and an RG Trans-Am clear version.
looking at the rear two, the GN condensers and the GN Sword III are both painted on meaning the artist could easily swap some condensers onto the front one and skillfully paint the clear parts to look like a regular one.

Faux Mecha 2016-08-21 06:27

if the person did use more than three or four 00 Raisers for that beautiful work of art, he/she deserved that winning entry, i salute him/her, i mean think of the remaining parts count as a result, heck i myself only bought two of the same RG kit just in case.

RRW 2016-08-21 08:27

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)
Dat Nekomimi mode

P-Bandai btw

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2016-08-21 09:07

^ I hope they fixed Supah-Fumina's eyes this time. The previous one's look creepy if you assemble it according to the manual. They need to come up with better techniques for making the eyes.

Kuroi Hadou 2016-08-21 09:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 5927452)
They need to come up with better techniques for making the eyes.

To be fair, it's not like those eyes are something they've made a lot of. :heh:

xeviouses 2016-08-21 09:19

Couldn't they just use the same design of the SD Gundam eyes on Supes Fuminah?

..Actually, nevermind, I just imagined it and creeped myself out.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2016-08-21 09:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou (Post 5927459)
To be fair, it's not like those eyes are something they've made a lot of. :heh:

Didn't Bandai made MS Girls and many other figurines?

Kuroi Hadou 2016-08-21 09:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 5927479)
Didn't Bandai made MS Girls and many other figurines?

They did? News to me.

Chibiloli 2016-08-21 10:00

The armor girls models? I doubt they need extensive assembly like Super Fumina does.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2016-08-21 10:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou (Post 5927507)
They did? News to me.

It's true. Look at their products:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chibiloli (Post 5927510)
The armor girls models? I doubt they need extensive assembly like Super Fumina does.

Well, they can always give us the pre-painted eye-part ready to be plugged on the face. Or a simpler (but better) technique of applying eye-sticker on humanoid face.

xeviouses 2016-08-21 12:08

I suppose Bandai wanted to emphasize the customization aspect of the GBF line, even amongst the Fumina line...

Though if that was the case, then wouldn't it be simpler (and better) to just make the Super Fuminas as figures? I don't understand Bandai at times.

Skye629 2016-08-21 16:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 5927524)
It's true. Look at their products:
Well, they can always give us the pre-painted eye-part ready to be plugged on the face. Or a simpler (but better) technique of applying eye-sticker on humanoid face.

I would assume that different people/team/branches/divisions worked on these separately

And since Super Fumina is sorta a first for a HG release they may have been experimenting around, not just with a model MS girl but other techniques on making them

darkone45 2016-08-22 02:33

Believe it or not, I buy the Armor girls models out of depression, for some reason when I'm sad, I buy them and after I build them, I'm still sad if that makes any sense ?

Router25 2016-08-22 03:07

I bought the cheapest AGP available at the time because the others were like the p-bandai version.
There are a bit of defects (with having two left human feet as the most major one but still negligible since you're supposed to use the mechanic feet) but after some customizing, it was well worth it.
If Bandai would be turning the Build Fighter girls into AGP.... well.. it might be costly.