AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Seed/Seed Destiny General Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=48636)

monster 2013-11-22 00:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by quagmire (Post 4917570)
That would make sense if the explosion originated from the Freedom. But, I thought it was greatly debated that it was the explosion from the positron cannon hitting the Archangel that tore apart the Freedom and Impulse?

The on-screen explosion is from the positron cannon, but the Freedom did break up/explode/whatever-you-want-to-call-it from the Impulse's sword.

It's just that it's not a nuclear explosion, the cockpit remained intact for the most part, and it happened off screen.

delorean2200 2013-11-26 12:52

I have a question regarding the HD remaster of Gundam SEED Destiny, will it be done by ~20th December, basically by Christmas ? Also which ending is it going to have, normal one or the Ending plus version ?

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2013-11-26 13:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by delorean2200 (Post 4922503)
Also which ending is it going to have, normal one or the Ending plus version ?

Well, in the copy of SEED Remaster box set, they included the short OVA After Phase: In the Valley of Stars (in Remastered form). So I think the Final Plus ending will be preferable for Destiny Remaster considering how many people dislike the rush-job original ending. Hell, they might make it even longer by adding some scenes from the final moments of the Special Edition movies not present in the Final Plus.

monster 2013-11-26 13:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by delorean2200 (Post 4922503)
I have a question regarding the HD remaster of Gundam SEED Destiny, will it be done by ~20th December, basically by Christmas ?

That should be around when the Strike Freedom makes its debut. There are still around 10 more episodes after that.
Quote:

Also which ending is it going to have, normal one or the Ending plus version ?
Probably the Final Plus ending (and possibly the TV Movie/SE IV ending as well).

blitz1/2 2013-11-27 20:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 4917573)
The on-screen explosion is from the positron cannon, but the Freedom did break up/explode/whatever-you-want-to-call-it from the Impulse's sword.

It's just that it's not a nuclear explosion, the cockpit remained intact for the most part, and it happened off screen.

I want to direct you to this. xD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcWHK...ature=youtu.be

monster 2013-11-27 22:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by blitz1/2 (Post 4923848)

I'm sorry, is this going to be a 20-minute rant? Just make your point, if you want, but I'm not watching that.

Rising Dragon 2013-11-27 22:07

Why bother making a point? You ignore it anyway when it says something negative about SEED.

monster 2013-11-27 23:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rising Dragon (Post 4923922)
Why bother making a point? You ignore it anyway when it says something negative about SEED.

Like what?

The American Average 2013-11-28 00:11

Quote:

>wackymodder
I'm out of here

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rising Dragon (Post 4923922)

lol true

monster 2013-11-28 00:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by The American Average (Post 4924053)
lol true

Well, maybe you can give an example.

Otherwise, all you people are doing are making baseless accusations.

Rising Dragon 2013-11-28 01:11

They already did. They linked you to that argument and you said you were just ignoring it.

blitz1/2 2013-11-28 01:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by The American Average (Post 4924053)
>wackymodder
I'm out of here

lol true

At least he makes valid points about the Freedom vs Impulse scenes, followed with scenes.

The American Average 2013-11-28 01:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by blitz1/2 (Post 4924122)
At least he makes valid points about the Freedom vs Impulse scenes, followed with scenes.

oh i know Wackymodder makes some interesting points that guy just bugs me is all, he usually floods comment sections of gundam videos with loads of replies and such.

monster 2013-11-28 02:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rising Dragon (Post 4924101)
They already did. They linked you to that argument and you said you were just ignoring it.

I'm not going to watch a 20-minute rant video, if that's what it is.

But I did ask for the point if blitz1/2 wants to share it. (Here's the me not ignoring part.)

Last I check, AnimeSuki is a forum where people are expected to type their posts, not just show some video, especially videos with condescending/mocking attitude right from the start, which can be expected to turn people away.

Rising Dragon 2013-11-28 02:47

Hmm. Well, you see, last I checked, it's not against the rules to link a video as per your posts, so I'm not sure where the hell you get off saying as much.

monster 2013-11-28 02:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rising Dragon (Post 4924166)
Hmm. Well, you see, last I checked, it's not against the rules to link a video as per your posts, so I'm not sure where the hell you get off saying as much.

I didn't say it was against the rule.

I said I didn't want to watch it (for stated reason), so I politely asked for the point instead.

Then you came out of nowhere accusing me of ignoring people's points.

Rising Dragon 2013-11-28 02:53

You have a history of it. We've been over this before, and I don't feel like rehashing it all at this very moment. But as I said--if you're not even willing to watch a video to find out the finer details of someone's post and opinions and how they agree with it, then what's the point of continuing? No one can debate with you on SEED about damn near anything, monster. It becomes a futile effort, it goes nowhere. And that's all I have to say on this.

Skye629 2013-11-28 02:55

Quote:

This video is F****** hilarious, the bottom line in reality is that a real fan would not give a shit what other people say and go about their own business and life

Watching this 20 minute rant is funny as hell

monster 2013-11-28 02:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rising Dragon (Post 4924169)
if you're not even willing to watch a video to find out the finer details of someone's post and opinions

If those details are worth it, then it can be summarized/pointed out so other people don't have to go through the rudeness of the video maker.

I tolerate the posting style of some AnimeSuki forum people because I choose to be here. I'm not going to do the same for some YouTube video.

Now, unless you would care to explain the point of the video as it relates to phase 34 of SEED Destiny, we're getting off-topic, so I'll stop.

kaito-kid 2013-11-28 08:30

Quote:

Ok, Watched it. Let me break this down.

- nuclear reactors can not cause a nuclear explosion.. EVER! Not in CE and not even in the real world. It's basic physics, but he doesn't seem to get it.

- no one knows where Freedoms nuclear reactor is located. (He is just assuming it's in the abdominal area)

- shutting down a nuclear reactor sounds absurd, but it makes sense in CE. Turning off the reactor would mean that the NJC turns off first. causing the Neutron Jammer‎ to effect the Freedom's reactor immediately. All free moving neutrons will be blocked and the Freedom's nuclear reactor will turn into an empty shell... It all works out.

- The last part of this battle is edited using a cinematic technique calked cross-cutting, this technique is often used to show the relation between different sets of action that occur simultaneously. It also creates suspense when used properly. So cutting between shots of the Impulse - Freedom fight and the Minerva - Archangel fight in this case is intentional. It's supposed to give the audience the impression that every action (shot by shot) is happening simultaneously and not one after the other like this guy is trying to argue.

And this is why his main argument (nuclear explosion, LOLz) doesn't hold up. Also, showing a frame of an explosion does not hold up in an argument like this. For example, he is showing a frame of an initial impact explosion when the Tannhauser hits the Archangel or the water and assume that this is the only explosion from the antimatter beam and that it has nothing to do with the big explosion at the end.. And he is also ignoring the fact that a large amount of antimatter is coming in contact with a an even larger amount of matter (the ocean). ...You can even see a red line between the Minerva and the center of the explosion (00,55 - 00,56 Episode 35), making it clear that the giant explosion is from the Tannhauser hitting the Archangel and / or the ocean and not the Freedom exploding. This single point alone is enough to debunk his entire argument.

His points don't hold up and he is not bringing anything new to the table either, we have already discussed every single point he brought up in this forum years ago. People here did a MUCH better job in pointing out all the bullshit in this episode than this youtube kid. I'm not impressed.

And I also have to agree with Monster on this one. Next time if you want to make point do it yourself instead of just linking me to some guy who makes the point for you. It's ok to use reference, but make your point here first. Because otherwise I'll have to presume that you agree with everything he says.