AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gurren-Lagann (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann - Q & A (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=47086)

Ravenblitz 2007-10-06 00:45

just curious...
Spoiler for episode 27:

fatalcrest 2007-10-06 23:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravenblitz (Post 1184943)
just curious...
Spoiler for episode 27:

I'm not completely sure, but I think
Spoiler for ep27:

Malintex_Terek 2007-10-07 04:38

Spiral Eyes = next step of evolution, probably. That characteristic was probably what distinguished Spiral Warriors from normal humanoids, only those with a ton of spiral power could alter their own phenotypes.

While that says something about Simon and Lord Genome, it says a LOT about Kittan, who transformed BOTH eyes in an instant.

kenjiharima 2007-10-10 08:35

Better than Byakugan, Ryu-gan and Sharingan neh? Hehehe :heh:

Well just a quick question. When will the rumored OVA air?

Hazelshock 2007-10-12 20:59

I have a small question, the scene from eps.1 with the space fighting, what was that about it never happened in the series from what I saw. Anyone know where that scene takes place?

DieH@rd 2007-10-20 04:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hazelshock (Post 1198474)
I have a small question, the scene from eps.1 with the space fighting, what was that about it never happened in the series from what I saw. Anyone know where that scene takes place?

That first scene is just a filler [or a "dream"] judging by the audio commentary...

Khaos 2007-11-12 16:51

I'm just wondering about that discontinuity at Nia's rescue at the end. Why the two different versions at the end of ep 26 and the beginning of ep 27?

Kyonne 2008-01-12 12:06

Is there a Opera-only version of Libera me from Hell? If yes... What is the name?

Ottocycle 2008-01-13 04:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Khaos (Post 1251235)
I'm just wondering about that discontinuity at Nia's rescue at the end. Why the two different versions at the end of ep 26 and the beginning of ep 27?

Well the only explanation I have is that there is no same version of the story old!Simon tells at every instance, and that that is one of the little differences.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyonne (Post 1339506)
Is there a Opera-only version of Libera me from Hell? If yes... What is the name?

No such version is available to the best of my knowledge.

Spectacular_Insanity 2008-01-13 15:59

Speaking of music, what was the music that played in the background near the end of Episode 7? It was a triumphant-sounding instrumental that played while the new additions to the Great Gurren Brigade introduced themselves.

Takeo 2008-01-13 21:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity (Post 1341313)
Speaking of music, what was the music that played in the background near the end of Episode 7? It was a triumphant-sounding instrumental that played while the new additions to the Great Gurren Brigade introduced themselves.

If it's the part I'm thinking of, then the song is:

"Omae no XXX de Ten wo Tsuke!"

It's the last track on the Gurren Lagann OST

Spectacular_Insanity 2008-01-13 22:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Takeo (Post 1341739)
If it's the part I'm thinking of, then the song is:

"Omae no XXX de Ten wo Tsuke!"

It's the last track on the Gurren Lagann OST

That's it EXACTLY!

Thanks very much. :)

Spectacular_Insanity 2008-01-13 22:22

Hey, does anyone know exactly how it is the beastmen can disguise themselves as humans? I never understood how they did that...

digitalmaster287 2008-01-27 18:24

Does anyone know exactly what the first scene of the anime is referring to? Because I looked at it again and it seems like its Simon inside the Cathedral Terra..

CJL13 2008-01-27 18:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalmaster287 (Post 1365827)
Does anyone know exactly what the first scene of the anime is referring to? Because I looked at it again and it seems like its Simon inside the Cathedral Terra..

It's just a dream.

digitalmaster287 2008-01-27 21:27

Oh and what does Garlock mean? I've heard it a bunch of times and I have no idea what it is.

CrowKenobi 2008-01-27 22:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalmaster287 (Post 1366090)
Oh and what does Garlock mean? I've heard it a bunch of times and I have no idea what it is.

Quote:

Garlock

The nickname for the future Simon seen in the prologue. Many Anonymous shat bricks when they first saw him, since he stood on the bridge of a moon sized battleship and was facing a galatic strike force so enormus they outshone all the stars in the sky. Many of his lines, like "They'll be a good match for us", "Gurren-Lagann! SPIN ON!" and "Who the hell do you think I am" (later attributed to Kamina) became popular with Anonymous. Garlock's imposing presence, not to mention his resemblance to Captain Harlock (the whole scene was a homage to the opening of Endless Orbit SSX) created a lot of anticipation among Anonymous to see Simon's metamorphosis unfold. The results were mixed - "Garlock" didn't appear in the series (see: Starlock) and his appearence in the prologue has been deliberately kept vague by Gainax. Nearly all Anonymous were disappointed and pissed off, although given Gurren-Lagann's epic end, the shitstorms were lessened somewhat. With the promise of more Gurren-Lagann, Anonymous awaits the "promised day" when Gainax animates the character in full glory.
source:http://lurkmore.com/wiki/index.php?t..._Gurren-Lagann

Lurkmore wiki definition of GAR

:cool:

Sesshiroth 2008-04-01 20:10

How old is Kamina? I heard someone where that both Simon and Yoko are 14 or there abouts...so would that make him around 18-ish (Kamina that is)?

CSakuraS 2008-04-01 20:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sesshiroth (Post 1504502)
How old is Kamina? I heard someone where that both Simon and Yoko are 14 or there abouts...so would that make him around 18-ish (Kamina that is)?

There are no official ages, but Japanese fandom considers him 17 years old.

Sesshiroth 2008-04-01 20:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by CSakuraS (Post 1504594)
There are no official ages, but Japanese fandom considers him 17 years old.

Thanks much, appreciate it. Happen to know where I could buy a boxed set? :D (completely off topic but might as well ask) I'm interested in buying it (thats rare for me ^^) but i keep seeing all these limited edition things, and then in separate. What do you guys recommend I buy?