AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

yusawateva 2009-07-02 22:15

what date is the release of MG exia again?
and does the GN drive's LED light light up the words on the chest's condensers too?

yeahitschris 2009-07-02 23:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by yusawateva (Post 2488548)
what date is the release of MG exia again?
and does the GN drive's LED light light up the words on the chest's condensers too?

says 7/25 on the picture. so im guessing july 25th? correct me if im wrong

edit; nvm answered it on my own haha

Nightwing(T_T) 2009-07-03 00:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweGear (Post 2484652)
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...ons/3558_1.jpg

:love:

And for some other kits:



Quote:

Originally Posted by astranagun (Post 2487731)



7/25 hmm I guess I'll go with the Ignition mode :D


Interesting CM Special Movie, Regular Version, Ignition Mode

MakubeX2 2009-07-03 00:21

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/7339/1246558049143.jpg
http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/8885/1246558128540.jpg

So, Gale Strike and Hail Buster. Anyone still willing to take the old SeeD bait over ?

yeahitschris 2009-07-03 01:19

can anyone explain to me the difference between

http://ep.yimg.com/ip/I/littlethings..._2061_98471951

and

http://ep.yimg.com/ip/I/littlethings..._2060_12127244

i can't seem to get whats the difference, other than the top one has another leg type thing on it.

LoweGear 2009-07-03 01:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by yeahitschris (Post 2488949)
can anyone explain to me the difference between

http://ep.yimg.com/ip/I/littlethings..._2061_98471951

and

http://ep.yimg.com/ip/I/littlethings..._2060_12127244

i can't seem to get whats the difference, other than the top one has another leg type thing on it.

The Action Base 1 (above) is a general purpose stand for 1/100 and 1/144 kits, while the Action Base 2 (below) is a smaller, cheaper stand strictly for 1/144 scale models (well technically speaking you can still attach 1/100 models to the Action Base 2, just that the stand is so small it wouldn't be practical :heh: ). The Action Base 2 also has extra articulation in the form of an additional joint at the top allowing for sideways rolling motion.

If you're just a 1/144 collector get the Action Base 2, though if you want some height to your displays, or collect 1/100 models as well (or you just desire a much larger base) get the Action Base 1.

RAVNEN 2009-07-03 02:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakubeX2 (Post 2488840)
http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/7339/1246558049143.jpg
http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/8885/1246558128540.jpg

So, Gale Strike and Hail Buster. Anyone still willing to take the old SeeD bait over ?

I do!!!:D I would buy the Hail Buster.Gale Strike would be awesome if it had a pair of beampistols.:D

Ardi220288 2009-07-03 02:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightwing(T_T) (Post 2488827)
7/25 hmm I guess I'll go with the Ignition mode :D
Interesting CM Special Movie, Regular Version, Ignition Mode

Interesting CM :D

@Seed I think I'll pass. I'd rather waiting for some of 00 MSV, 00 Movie, and Unicorn kit. more worth it

Nightwing(T_T) 2009-07-03 02:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ardi220288 (Post 2489059)
Interesting CM :D

@Seed I think I'll pass. I'd rather waiting for some of 00 MSV, 00 Movie, and Unicorn kit. more worth it

Same here MG Exia Ignition and HGUC Kshatriya in my most wanted list

especially if they sell 00 MSV :love:


theOtherGuy 2009-07-03 03:06

Hmm....

Gale Strike Gundam = Strike Gundam + Aile Pack Divided in Half Attached to Shoulders + Shield in Back = $$$ for more Strike Variants? :P

calubin_175 2009-07-03 03:17

The 2 Sangokuden Gaiden BB Senshis are rehashes of BB143 and 252, except for the hand held weapon.

StratoSpear 2009-07-03 07:25

I'm fine with the Hail Buster... But i still wanna know why Gale Strike's shield is placed on top of the thrusters...

evolution_ayu 2009-07-03 07:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicSP (Post 2487383)
Well,I was hoping it would do the same thing as a topcoat flat spray,which Ive never used,for that matter,this is my first airbrush project,an experniment/practice to speak.

I did mixed it with thinner,I did not use any paint with it though,it's definitely to sticky to spray on it's own.....it could actually be my airbrush technique however.I mixed most of it with thinnermit does create a slight whiteish liquid.

Basiscally what happened is that white effects appeared on it,but this is only after the things has dried however,it was clear before it dried.

Maybe I'm using the wrong type of paint or that my technique is too close....or my thiiner is too much/little.

You mix Flat Base with the paint you have to obtain a flat finish. That's why it's "Additive for Flat". It kinda misses the point when at the end of everything you spray on flat top coat anyway.

Nerroth 2009-07-03 10:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightwing(T_T) (Post 2489085)


Oh, that's the one! I love it.



Anyway, I got my R2 assembled:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...th/ExiaR21.jpg


SonicSP 2009-07-03 11:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by evolution_ayu (Post 2489373)
You mix Flat Base with the paint you have to obtain a flat finish. That's why it's "Additive for Flat". It kinda misses the point when at the end of everything you spray on flat top coat anyway.

Any idea on how much you usually mix with a normal paint to obtain the a good flat finish normally?

LordStrike 2009-07-03 14:31

i sooo wish i could get one of those stargazer O_O every were i search its sold out T_T R2 looking excellent congrats

Nerroth 2009-07-03 14:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordStrike (Post 2490127)
i sooo wish i could get one of those stargazer O_O every were i search its sold out T_T

I so wish they'd make a MG of it...


(The local model store I go to in Toronto has a Stargazer or two on hand, in case you are ever up here. Might want to ring up first, though.)

Quote:

R2 looking excellent congrats
It is nice, alright - and I still wish the parts for the R2 were included with the MG Exia!

(I can wait for a MG R2, though.)

GameraBaenre 2009-07-04 03:20

MG Exia on display at Anime Expo:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/30140854@N07/3683783884/

Critias 2009-07-04 11:13

ooooh, looks shiny! Ignition mode it is for me!

bbotmonster 2009-07-04 20:18

does anyone know or guess what type of tamiya paints was used to paint this MG Exia or techniques to make it look this good on the flickr link


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:40.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.