AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Light Novels (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=157)
-   -   Oda Nobuna no Yabou [Light Novel] (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=111769)

Avrorrange 2012-04-19 01:21

Oda Nobuna no Yabou [Light Novel]

Translated in English as ' Oda Nobuna's Ambition', Oda Nobuna no Yabou(O.N.n.Y) is another travel back in time story featuring the Sengoku Period. Much of the generals and daimyos were turned into women in this novel. The protagonist of the story is another 'average' perverted Japanese highschooler mysteriously traveled back in time. Armed with knowledge of the Sengoku Period from Koei's Nobunaga's Ambition, the protagonist attempts to alter the course of history and prevent the materialisation of the Honnoji-Incident, as well as assisting Oda Nobuna's dream to unify Japan and transforming it into a global major power.

So far, I have read up to the third chapter of the fifth volume. It's a mixture of historical fiction and alternate history. While certain dramatic events were altered due to the protagonist's intervention, much of what happened in history remained the same. While it may be uncreative for those who are unfamiliar with what happened during the Sengoku period, it was fairly entertaining for myself.

Kirihara_R 2012-07-15 13:18

is this another harem genre ? .. and
Spoiler for ?:

whsie 2012-07-15 14:52

It's a well written novel and the artist is the same as DxD if you feel the art looks familiar. For people who have access to it (i.e. language proficiency), I would recommend it. One of the major plot point is how the MC can prevent Oba's inevitable death in history (Honnoji Incident).

It's a mix of multiple genres including alternative history, historical fiction, comedy, and romance. Some people might say that it's a harem (there are other girls who like the MC), but I don't really think so.
Spoiler for romance:

The MC is a
Spoiler for position:

zgmf-x19a 2012-07-15 17:19

why does Nobuna downplay Saru's merit?

Belgaesh 2012-07-15 20:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by zgmf-x19a (Post 4256324)
why does Nobuna downplay Saru's merit?

Maybe it's to keep him anonymous, if he was know throughout the land as a great strategist a lot of Daimyou's would want him and that would make him a target. I think that it's Nobuna jealousy trying to keep him all for herself.

Keep in mind that I'm just speculating, I don't read the novels.

Master Assassin 2012-07-16 06:20

Spoiler for What I'd like to know:

Xacual 2012-07-16 07:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soul Assassin (Post 4257278)
Spoiler for What I'd like to know:

Spoiler for Speculation based on spoilers I've been told, take with a grain of salt:

Master Assassin 2012-07-16 08:32

^ So it hasn't come to that part yet, eh. Well, given that I've seen some people dumping the novel illustrations somewhere, I can make that much sense of why it would even begin.

zgmf-x19a 2012-07-16 11:38

Is the light novel being translated in English?

Algester 2012-07-17 11:32

http://shareraws.blogspot.com/2012/0...-no-yabou.html raws for the light novel if you can read Japanese...

BTDK 2012-07-17 20:22

I dont know what exactly happen from the reality MC was in.

He's somehow go back to the past and realize everything completely different. He help Nobuna to accomplish her dream then change the history. But the case if he was the part of history he would be disappear ... We still see him, so the result of everything he do might be finally same as what he know in future ...

Argh, It's a goooood story, just hope there will be big surprises for all the readers.

Sumeragi 2012-07-17 20:24

Frankly, I believe he is in an alternate universe, hence he cannot affect his own universe's timeline yet can affect the new one he is in. One could argue that whatver happens in the story will be the actual history of that universe, hence avoiding the time paradox problem.

BTDK 2012-07-17 20:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sumeragi (Post 4260042)
Frankly, I believe he is in an alternate universe, hence he cannot affect his own universe's timeline yet can affect the new one he is in. One could argue that whatver happens in the story will be the actual history of that universe, hence avoiding the time paradox problem.

Oh I see, a dimensional or alternate universe are fine, so "MC, free to go and do whatever you want to make new world"

Chaos2Frozen 2012-07-17 22:17

Yeah alternate reality is most likely the case.

The impression I got at the end of the episode was that Sagara has accepted that Nobuna is not Nobunaga even though they're going through the same thing- the part that gave it away for me was when he said that though he knows that person's future, he has no idea what her future would be.

ReaperxKingx 2012-07-17 22:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen (Post 4260188)
Yeah alternate reality is most likely the case.

The impression I got at the end of the episode was that Sagara has accepted that Nobuna is not Nobunaga even though they're going through the same thing- the part that gave it away for me was when he said that though he knows that person's future, he has no idea what her future would be.

In simple terms, he fell in love with her and is now trying to change the past events. Though it is an alternate reality or past. He done good so far, Nobuna killing her little brother is what actually sparks her lost of control. He prevented that, so it is a major change. What is different so far from the anime it doesn't look like a Harem, though the Light Novel is. I think I may ask Teh Ping if this Light Novel is worth putting in Baka-Tsuki for translation. Oh a little side note, the same artist who drew the pictures in Oda Nobuna no Yabou is the same as High School DXD Miyama Zero. One of the best anime artist I've seen, if you seen the illustration of High School DXD you'll know how good this Light Novel illustrations are. If not I can post some pictures here.

Chaos2Frozen 2012-07-17 22:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx (Post 4260195)
What is different so far from the anime it doesn't look like a Harem, though the Light Novel is.

That's a good thing isn't it? Harems shouldn't be too 'In-your-face'.

Quote:

Oh a little side note, the same artist who drew the pictures in Oda Nobuna no Yabou is the same as High School DXD Miyama Zero. One of the best anime artist I've seen, if you seen the illustration of High School DXD you'll know how good this Light Novel illustrations are. If not I can post some pictures here.

Nono it's okay I believe you :heh:

BTDK 2012-07-17 22:36

Quote:

In simple terms, he fell in love with her and is now trying to change the past events. Though it is an alternate reality or past. He done good so far, Nobuna killing her little brother is what actually sparks her lost of control. He prevented that, so it is a major change. What is diffe2ent so far from the anime it doesn't look like a Harem, though the Light Novel is. I think I may ask Teh Ping if this Light Novel is worth putting in Baka-Tsuki for translation. Oh a little side note, the same artist who drew the pictures in Oda Nobuna no Yabou is the same as High School DXD Miyama Zero. One of the best anime artist I've seen, if you seen the illustration of High School DXD you'll know how good this Light Novel illustrations are. If not I can post some pictures here.

We all know how good the illustrations are, just anime arts steal my heart :heh:

Eh ? I thought it's not like a harem according to those spoilers above ?

Chaos2Frozen 2012-07-17 22:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by BTDK (Post 4260219)
We all know how good the illustrations are, just anime arts steal my heart :heh:

:nod:

Quote:

Originally Posted by BTDK (Post 4260219)
Eh ? I thought it's not like a harem according to those spoilers above ?

Depends; as long as there's multiple heroines falling for him it's can still be considered a harem.

After all, the protagonist's own feelings doesn't have to be taken into account :p

deathcoy 2012-07-18 00:06

So, does sagara actually kill someone in the novel?

Or he is like Rock from Black Lagoon...

Sumeragi 2012-07-18 01:42

The artwork is fantastic, in fact more so than High School DxD in my opinion. The covers are also heaven, with some of them having a special alternative versions. Here's my favorite cover:

http://i.imgur.com/ejv05.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by deathcoy (Post 4260327)
So, does sagara actually kill someone in the novel?

Or he is like Rock from Black Lagoon...

From what I understand, he doesn't kill because he isn't used to it (being your average Japanese high schoolboy of a highly undermilitarized Japan). However, he will put his life on the life to save others. So if we compare him to Rock, his reluctance to kill is based on not having the guts for it, and not an issue of principles.