AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Monogatari Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   Bakemonogatari - Episode 11 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=86384)

Zetsubo 2009-09-18 11:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by zato_1one (Post 2651813)
Considering that Araragi actually met Cat Tsubasa before and he didn't fall for her at that time (how could that possible!?!). So, I think that your hope can't be granted. :heh:

Dude... do you see how hard Hitagi had to work to get Koyomi to confess and he still didn't ?

She was naked, She dressed up super cute, She told him about the various perverted things she would do for him (naked apron etc).

He didn't budge.

Finally, She ended up confessing.

And to make it easy to get her man, she told koyomi all he had to do was consider himself unlucky that he got trapped by a crazy virgin starved for love.

Hitagi worked her ass off, overcame her fear of men, supressed her ego and pride as a woman and came out on top.

Tsubasa didn't do this... so... the cat lost its man milk.

apr 2009-09-18 11:26

Animation's back to normal (or even better?) and the Hitagi OP is back.

But I'm still cranky, because they've thrown the plot order into disarray. Probably so they can set up ep 12 to finish the TV broadcast with a bang?

I preferred the suspense approach.

zato_1one 2009-09-18 11:32

Raw is out very fast this time. It's breaking record. :D

Vexx 2009-09-18 11:33

I'm curious to see how ep 12 will be handled from a storytelling perspective...
cliffhanger (please watch our webcast!)
pseudo-closer (pssssst! must be attentive to know more follows)
or ambivalent...

Shiroth 2009-09-18 11:37

I just hope it's not a long wait after episode 12 airs to find out what they'll do in terms of broadcasting the last three episodes on the site. The most logical decision would be to have them up on the site the same time they'd air on TV, though this is SHAFT so i have no idea what they'll do.

Lummie 2009-09-18 12:03

Some screenies lol XD

NaweG 2009-09-18 12:07

Well now, this makes the following quote entirely appropriate (even if it is about 40 years old):

Spoiler for Episode and/or Old TV Series:

ickem 2009-09-18 12:09

I really enjoyed this episode, but then part of it could be from my lukewarm feelings for the Nadeko Snake arc:heh:. I'm a little disappointed in how they made the cat revelation so anti-climatic, but I guess it's pretty understandable with the broadcast+web episode thing. It looks like that made the mystery about what important matter Koyomi had with Senjougahara instead:p. It must be good since Koyomi was grinning like an idiot when he first ran out of the school gate;).

Zetsubo 2009-09-18 12:18

Times like this, I wish my Japanese fluency was beyond that of an 8 month old.

Shiroth 2009-09-18 13:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lummie (Post 2651886)
Spoiler for screens:

Why hello fang-tan.

qwertyman 2009-09-18 13:39

Decent episode, felt shorter than others. Can't say I'm entirely intrigued with Hanekawa's story yet, since they made it seem very straight-forward.

Notable things about this episode:
- Not even a glimpse of Senjougahara or Hachikuji. Kanbaru only got a few seconds of light.
- Nadeko's swimsuit kept disappearing out of Araragi's hand (tsk tsk, lazy shaft)
- Araragi is so rude. He yells too much.
- Nadeko is portrayed much better in this episode than in her own arc
- After seeing Nadeko run from Hanekawa, I'd like to Araragi's harem interact with each other more, and not just with Araragi

Can't wait for the new op next week!

Oh, and Araragi had a sloppy looking smile.

Raiga 2009-09-18 15:38

Well, the animation was back to normal, which is nice, and we get some interesting background on the story, with the flashback to the cat and all. Can't wait for subs (I think I say this every week), and of course I'm eager to see how they'll end the TV broadcast next week.

Clarste 2009-09-18 15:40

It's interesting that we're getting so much direct exposition so early on. I suppose it makes sense though, given that Araragi already knows the circumstances. It makes me curious where it's going though. "It happened again!" isn't much of a story.

Raiga 2009-09-18 15:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clarste (Post 2652182)
It's interesting that we're getting so much direct exposition so early on. I suppose it makes sense though, given that Araragi already knows the circumstances. It makes me curious where it's going though. "It happened again!" isn't much of a story.

Shinobu's intervention last time didn't really solve the problem, I think, just sort of temporarily defeated the Sawarineko. After all, it's been clear for the entire series so far that Hanekawa still has serious family problems; that's probably where the story's going.

Not to mention we need to resolve the whole issue with Araragi's relationship with Senjougahara and his "save-everybody" complex within the remaining four episodes. After all, these arcs aren't just about their respective title females.

apr 2009-09-18 15:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiga (Post 2652197)
Shinobu's intervention last time didn't really solve the problem, I think, just sort of temporarily defeated the Sawarineko. After all, it's been clear for the entire series so far that Hanekawa still has serious family problems; that's probably where the story's going.

Not to mention we need to resolve the whole issue with Araragi's relationship with Senjougahara and his "save-everybody" complex within the remaining four episodes. After all, these arcs aren't just about their respective title females.

Why do you think everything must be resolved this season? There are more books out, and even more yet to be published.

Raiga 2009-09-18 16:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by apr (Post 2652214)
Why do you think everything must be resolved this season? There are more books out, and even more yet to be published.

Well, granted, but I sort of figured it'd at least conclude the main issues that were introduced. I mean, this season does cover both volumes of Bakemonogatari, doesn't it?

I'm not a novel reader so I dunno how it'll all play out, but I assumed they'd tie up all the really big loose ends by the end, especially with all the set-up there's been. I suppose I can only wait and see, though.

Daniel E. 2009-09-18 16:11

Good to hear we didn't get another dose of what happened in eps. 10. :p

And damn........

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...8&postcount=11

I am really tempted to watch this RAW. :meh:

Woland 2009-09-18 16:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel E. (Post 2652243)
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...8&postcount=11

I am really tempted to watch this RAW. :meh:

You just have to watch DVD/BRD commercial for "that" ;)

http://www.bakemonogatari.com/special/dvd05_cm15.html

(sugar sweet nightmare seems promising)

Westlo 2009-09-18 17:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by qwertyman (Post 2652024)
Can't wait for the new op next week!

SHAFT would be silly to introduce a Tsubasa OP next week... if it was ready it should've been used this week instead of Staple Staple. I wonder if Staple Staple will even be included in any DVD episode aside from Ep 2... Anyway Ep 12 better have no OP shown period.. use up that extra 90 seconds SHAFT, you need it.

X10A_Freedom 2009-09-18 17:32

I really miss Senjougahara but this week was a seriously good episode. The conversation with Nadeko (sooo cute!) was seriously enjoyable, and of course the animation is back to the usual standard.

Very interesting to finally hear Hanekawa's backstory - Hanekawa herself has no recollection whatsoever, if I remember correct, thus her thinking Araragi is overreacting as usual. Should be interesting how this will play out. Can't wait for next week and I hope the stream for ep13-15 is as good as HD YouTube!