AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Appel 2012-04-08 07:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by bio9205 (Post 4096416)
I've no experience with chromed parts - but the plastic underneath does show at the nub marks when you've nipped them off the runners, right?

yeah, that is always a huge problem with bandais extra finish versions :P
models that are designed to be chrome plated or to get an extra finish have undergated pieces. the places where you have to cut off the pieces from the sprue are designed not to leave a mark in a visible place.
but most of these extra finish models are just the regular model with the finish coating but without undergating.
prime examples for models like this that i actually own where you have REALLY terrible cut marks are the MG hyper mode G gundam and the MG/HG unicorn titanium finish version.
on the G gundam it isnt THAT bad because you can fix it with a metallic gold marker. but on my unicorn there are really terrible black marks on the white armor :P

http://www.abload.de/img/img_0090xka11.jpg
http://www.abload.de/img/img_0091hlbt0.jpg

and there is no way to fix that because it would ruin the effect of the finish.
plus, you have to be extra careful with this thing because the finish likes to come of very easily.

a good example for this is the MG sinanju titanium finish version though! because the armor is painted in this really dark ruby red you dont see the black marks at all! and it looks simply amazing^^

Sworra 2012-04-08 07:41

Yeah that is one problem i tend to stay away from extra finished kits. I'd prefer to save myself some money and get the regular version and paint it fancy myself instead of seeing nub marks. Right now im putting together the Akatsuki 1/100 NG and i must say its a pretty good kit, i have no problems with nub marks on this kit. But i can understand with other kits that have both regular and extra finish.

Appel 2012-04-08 07:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sworra (Post 4096680)
Yeah that is one problem i tend to stay away from extra finished kits. I'd prefer to save myself some money and get the regular version and paint it fancy myself instead of seeing nub marks. Right now im putting together the Akatsuki 1/100 NG and i must say its a pretty good kit, i have no problems with nub marks on this kit. But i can understand with other kits that have both regular and extra finish.

the unicorn and sinanju were my 3rd and 4th kit respectively (i guess)^^ i had no idea about how much extra finish versions suck at the time :P
building the titanium finish sinanju was quite the experience though. i remember how much in awe i was when i took my first look at the pieces! it is simply beautiful...
when i go just by how the kit looks it is definitely my favorite. its thats beautiful^^

and the titanium finish unicorn looks alright in unicorn more. you can hide most of the marks that way and because it looks more solid that way because you dont see the gaps in the armor that you see in destroy mode the finish really looks awesome.

Bashfulz 2012-04-08 08:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 4096645)

wow, did you do those subtle weathering on the edges? looks really good! in the first pic it looks like the nubmarks were battle-damage. :)

Appel 2012-04-08 08:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bashfulz (Post 4096708)
wow, did you do those subtle weathering on the edges? looks really good! in the first pic it looks like the nubmarks were battle-damage. :)

thanks but no, that wasnt me^^ there just is none of that finish on the edges. but i agree, it does look good there!
maybe they do that on purpose. i dont know.

Appel 2012-04-08 08:19

also, they showed this behind the 1/1 gundam statue:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-4EOPyZkaaX...e98/s640/1.jpg

i really hope these are hints as to which new RGs we will be getting! O_O

HasuMasu 2012-04-08 08:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 4096724)

^ Dammit, don't get my hopes up. :eyespin::heh:

Though I atleast hope for a Zeta before these two.

Appel 2012-04-08 08:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detective-san (Post 4096729)
^ Dammit, don't get my hopes up. :eyespin::heh:

Though I atleast hope for a Zeta before these two.

the zeta gundam is a transforming machine though... for that to work they would have to make an entirely new RG frame.
i suppose before they do that they will make a bunch of kits that use the same basic frame^^
although a zeta would be nice. i still need a model of it...

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2012-04-08 09:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 4096724)

Damn! Looking at them I was half expecting we'll get MG ver. 2.0 of them, or better yet, MG Evolve ver. :uhoh:

maknaedik 2012-04-08 09:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 4096788)
Damn! Looking at them I was half expecting we'll get MG ver. 2.0 of them, or better yet, MG Evolve ver. :uhoh:

Agreed! I want 2.0 versions of them as well. An Evolve version is perfectly fine for me too. An MG Sazabi that MOVES is what I want T_T

BTW, I already received my MC Nightingale. My sister has the camera (I don't have one) so I can't still take a pic. I wouldn't dare to start doing it unless I have a camera. I want its review to be detailed as possible so that I can help those who'll buy.

Appel 2012-04-08 09:45

just got meself a MG nemo on ebay for 14 bucks plus a little shipping^^
its already built but for roughly 18 bucks total i really dont care.
i do like the green armor color but maybe i will paint it in unicorn colors... im not quite sure yet :P it also has all the decals on, that would be quite a shame if i removed them or covered them all with paint...

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2012-04-08 09:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 4096834)
i do like the green armor color but maybe i will paint it in unicorn colors... im not quite sure yet :P it also has all the decals on, that would be quite a shame if i removed them or covered them all with paint...

Unless you're absolutely confident with your painting skill, I suggest you don't ;). Especially if the decals are already on. It'd be quite a waste to remove those decals, unless they are sloppily applied.

Appel 2012-04-08 10:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 4096847)
Unless you're absolutely confident with your painting skill, I suggest you don't ;). Especially if the decals are already on. It'd be quite a waste to remove those decals, unless they are sloppily applied.

it would definitely be a shame but to be honest, i can live without decals.
and i would only have to paint the green armor pieces which isnt that much of a big deal. there arent even that many green pieces. and with my airbrush and two coats of enamel paint this really shouldnt be a problem!
i will wait until its here, then i will decide what im gonna do with it^^
the only real problem might be the visor. the zeta version has an orange visor but the unicorn version has a blue one... and painting clear pieces a different color is kind of impossible :T

Sworra 2012-04-08 10:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 4096855)
and i would only have to paint the green armor pieces which isnt that much of a big deal. there arent even that many green pieces. and with my airbrush and two coats of enamel paint this really shouldnt be a problem!
i will wait until its here, then i will decide what im gonna do with it^^
the only real problem might be the visor. the zeta version has an orange visor but the unicorn version has a blue one... and painting clear pieces a different color is kind of impossible :T

well you could always get custom decals and reapply them.. That should be easy for you since you did that for your unicorn action base.

Appel 2012-04-08 10:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sworra (Post 4096885)
well you could always get custom decals and reapply them.. That should be easy for you since you did that for your unicorn action base.

yeah, i would just need a new sheat of decal paper. printing decals is pretty easy.
but as i said, im waiting until i actually have the model here^^ i have no idea how well the person whim i bought it from has put it together, making plans for it right now wouldnt make sense.
i mean, maybe it looks really great and a dash of top coat is enough^^
also, since i cant paint the orange clear visor blue the unicorn standard EFF colors wouldnt make a whole lot of sense. so maybe i will come up with a custom colorscheme, i dunno.

Sworra 2012-04-08 10:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 4096893)
yeah, i would just need a new sheat of decal paper. printing decals is pretty easy.
but as i said, im waiting until i actually have the model here^^ i have no idea how well the person whim i bought it from has put it together, making plans for it right now wouldnt make sense.
i mean, maybe it looks really great and a dash of top coat is enough^^
also, since i cant paint the orange clear visor blue the unicorn standard EFF colors wouldnt make a whole lot of sense. so maybe i will come up with a custom colorscheme, i dunno.

If you decide to do anything with it, take a before and after picture. Would like to see the difference.

Appel 2012-04-08 10:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sworra (Post 4096900)
If you decide to do anything with it, take a before and after picture. Would like to see the difference.

sure^^ right now i think i will be weathering it. i really like the green afterall, so why not? i have all the paints that i need for that here afterall.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2012-04-08 10:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 4096855)
and i would only have to paint the green armor pieces which isnt that much of a big deal. there arent even that many green pieces.

I mean, we rarely get green EF MSs beside this, GM Sniper, and Jegan. Personally, I will have that green over other colors and the decals are just the icing on the cake ;).

Appel 2012-04-08 11:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 4096913)
I mean, we rarely get green EF MSs beside this, GM Sniper, and Jegan. Personally, I will have that green over other colors and the decals are just the icing on the cake ;).

its true. green really is a rather rare good guy color.
so as i said, i will probably just weather it a little^^ i got all the needed paints and a dremel for some slight battledamage for the edges.

duotiga 2012-04-09 09:29

about to do finish hguc delta gundam, left the right hand & legs. my comment for the chrome gold, it is better than hg 1/144 akatsuki as when you do, there is no fingerprint marks unlike previous kit which is a good thing as when doing akatsuki the fingerprint marks can be annoying