AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Providenceangle 2013-08-06 06:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeydra (Post 4783739)
Been a while since I asked this question and it seems it's all I ever ask, I'm becoming a parrot. :heh:

So, I'm thinking of getting an order in with hlj for some attack on titan bookmarks, and was thinking of grabbing a kit with the order. Problem is that everything it seems is on order with nothing in stock, so I've settled for getting a delta plus master grade. The question, like a parrot (I'll not be asking this much more, I promise!) is how would a delta plus mg go for someone who's only built one master grade?

It's not a bad kit. Pay close attention to nub locations.(I kinda cut off some detail because it was too close to nubs...) I personally didn't like it much, only because it's a transforming fighter. I just personally prefer solid chests. Other then that, it's straight forward. It's not hard to build. Just take your time and you'll be fine.

Zeydra 2013-08-06 06:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Providenceangle (Post 4783813)
It's not a bad kit. Pay close attention to nub locations.(I kinda cut off some detail because it was too close to nubs...) I personally didn't like it much, only because it's a transforming fighter. I just personally prefer solid chests. Other then that, it's straight forward. It's not hard to build. Just take your time and you'll be fine.

Cool, it sounds like my kind of kit then, I'll get one in the private warehouse to wait for the bookmarks to be released. Thanks for the advice.

panzerfan 2013-08-06 06:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobotCat (Post 4783397)
So I actually got this about 1 and a half weeks ago but didn't get around to unboxing it until now. This is the Elyn Hobby 1/100th scale NZ-666 Kshatriya and it was ridiculously expensive. The box is gigantic (you can compare it to a normal Bandai 1/100th scale box in the parts picture).

The color seems show accurate, but I probably want to coat it with a layer of paint since the show colors don't look that great on plastic. I'll probably practice on that Tieren I bought first though, as this would be a really expensive screw up if I did mess anything up.

There were also 2 parts missing (really tiny, almost missed them when I was inspecting parts) so I had to e-mail them to get them to re-ship them. I'm guessing I might also need to do some putty work to get everything to fit together based on some other reviews I've read, but I'm actually pretty familiar with sculpting with putty so it shouldn't be too bad.

http://i.imgur.com/sxlqu3s.jpg?1

http://i.imgur.com/wydpHLK.jpg?1

http://i.imgur.com/Zi7CWMt.jpg?1

The quality of this kit is really something! The kit does run in the ballpark of 200 USD, but I can see why now... wow.

Znozzy 2013-08-06 06:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeydra (Post 4783739)
Been a while since I asked this question and it seems it's all I ever ask, I'm becoming a parrot. :heh:

So, I'm thinking of getting an order in with hlj for some attack on titan bookmarks, and was thinking of grabbing a kit with the order. Problem is that everything it seems is on order with nothing in stock, so I've settled for getting a delta plus master grade. The question, like a parrot (I'll not be asking this much more, I promise!) is how would a delta plus mg go for someone who's only built one master grade?

Honestly, there is no real difference between HG, NG 1/100, MG or even RG kits.

except the numbers of nubs you need to cut off

Other than the amount of parts, if you can build a HG without breaking anything, im quite sure you can handle a MG without problems, it's just alot more parts. that's it, lol.

If you have any doubt about being able to build it, check out dalong.net. They have most kit manuals up on their review page, great for checking out kits before buying them.

Providenceangle 2013-08-06 06:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeydra (Post 4783819)
Cool, it sounds like my kind of kit then, I'll get one in the private warehouse to wait for the bookmarks to be released. Thanks for the advice.

Oh yeah... Um... Get an action base for it. It sucks at standing lol

Zeydra 2013-08-06 07:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Providenceangle (Post 4783828)
Oh yeah... Um... Get an action base for it. It sucks at standing lol

It's sounding even more like a perfect fit, I myself suck at standing kits to begin with. :heh:

jimsbeanz 2013-08-06 09:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 4783653)
Wow, a $160 kit and there's still some missing parts? That sucks. Does that also happens when you buy other resin kits? I've never bought one before.

I find with resin kits it really depends on who you buy from. If it is from the original modeller who made the resin kit, the chances are you'll be fine maybe a duplicate mirrored piece or something.

IF you get a bootleg( copy or reprint of resin kit) from a 3rd party group you might run into issues because they don't have put the same amount of attention into packing as the original.

Providenceangle 2013-08-06 11:14

No more gunpla!!! You're not getting anymore of my money Bandai. You parasitic monsters!!

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w...ps41b579e6.jpg

Sworra 2013-08-06 12:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Providenceangle (Post 4784118)
No more gunpla!!! You're not getting anymore of my money Bandai. You parasitic monsters!!

Someone is going to be busy!!! You have the Duel already?

Providenceangle 2013-08-06 14:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sworra (Post 4784193)
Someone is going to be busy!!! You have the Duel already?

It was out of stock... I'll get it later. Only problem I see with the duel is, if I'll bother to use the assault shroud. I prefer the actual suit. Of course, if I decide to not use the armor, I lose the gimmicks too.

I might work on a huge display piece, with all the seed suits, I own. Only thing holding me back is, if I should go with their anime colours, or do I go with a custom set. I'll give them all leds and such. I'm worried about how it will come out is all.

Skye629 2013-08-06 15:36

Quote:

You know in your heart that your statement will eventually crumble into dust

Providenceangle 2013-08-06 16:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 4784339)
You know in your heart that your statement will eventually crumble into dust

I'm just venting the rage of my empty wallet...

As a non Seed fan. Having watched it back in the days, as well as recently... These MGs are amazing. "ANY"! Gunpla fan should have one. At least one of these 2012-13 releases. I'm a UC fan, but the seed kits are far better then the UC releases recently... I'm having more fun with the Buster, then I had with the Ver Ka Nu(one of my favorite suits period).

Sworra 2013-08-06 16:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Providenceangle (Post 4784289)
It was out of stock... I'll get it later. Only problem I see with the duel is, if I'll bother to use the assault shroud. I prefer the actual suit. Of course, if I decide to not use the armor, I lose the gimmicks too.

I might work on a huge display piece, with all the seed suits, I own. Only thing holding me back is, if I should go with their anime colours, or do I go with a custom set. I'll give them all leds and such. I'm worried about how it will come out is all.

Well if you don't bother with the assault shroud, you still have the option to use it later, or mod it and put it on something else. (like the Strike RM) it might share the same proportions. I like the actual suit myself but after seeing the assault shroud on the Duel its worth it..

If your doing a huge display, I would go with the anime colours. You have a lot of work already with the display (unless your considering making a diorama) I wouldn't change anything on the suits. But its your display you make it how you like it to be, either way i'd probably like it anyway you choose.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2013-08-06 17:36

Quote:

Only problem I see with the duel is, if I'll bother to use the assault shroud. I prefer the actual suit. Of course, if I decide to not use the armor, I lose the gimmicks too.

The AS is great. It doesn’t significantly reduce the articulation and actually makes the kit looks better.
Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread) It only have one problem: the front skirt likes to come off which sucks.

Still, preferring the “naked” mode is also fine.
Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)

Providenceangle 2013-08-06 21:09

I just like it naked. Like if I had been in charge of seed, Duel would have been strike. It looks far better imo.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sworra (Post 4784402)
mod it and put it on something else. (like the Strike RM)

Maybe I'll do that and make the Duel Aile and Strike Assault Shroud lol

So yeah building the Aegis, kinda run into some snags. I'll have to come up with a way to run light through the head camera and such... I donno how I will yet. Maybe I'll just leave the long top part clear coloured. Then run light through the rest of the head.

suiton629 2013-08-06 21:53

Quote:

Only way Bandai can make Seed/Seed Destiny MGs more tempting.

Freedom RM Ver.
Justice
Strike Freedom RM Ver.
Infinite Justice RM Ver.
Desting RM Ver.
Force Impulse RM Ver.
Sword Impulse RM Ver.
Blast Impulse
Savior

Imagine those getting MG releases.

>_<

Then Bandai would destroy my wallet forever. And then there's the rest of Wing EW, Age, and 00.

I recently pre-ordered the MG Strike Rouge Phoenix, MG Age-2 Normal Special Forces [online exclusive] and MG Age-1 Normal Unit 2 [online exclusive]...

firefox 2013-08-07 04:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by suiton629 (Post 4784623)
Only way Bandai can make Seed/Seed Destiny MGs more tempting.

Freedom RM Ver.
Justice
Strike Freedom RM Ver.
Infinite Justice RM Ver.
Desting RM Ver.
Force Impulse RM Ver.
Sword Impulse RM Ver.
Blast Impulse
Savior

Imagine those getting MG releases.

>_<

Then Bandai would destroy my wallet forever. And then there's the rest of Wing EW, Age, and 00.

I recently pre-ordered the MG Strike Rouge Phoenix, MG Age-2 Normal Special Forces [online exclusive] and MG Age-1 Normal Unit 2 [online exclusive]...

Here we go again, apparantly he's back from vacation....

When will you learn that you do not get a new kit for a model that allready has a modern kit out there?

You will not get a new destiny, strike freedom, Infinite justice or impulse in the next 5 years unless it's a new variant of the same existing kit.

Providenceangle 2013-08-07 06:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by firefox (Post 4784912)
Here we go again, apparantly he's back from vacation....

When will you learn that you do not get a new kit for a model that allready has a modern kit out there?

You will not get a new destiny, strike freedom, Infinite justice or impulse in the next 5 years unless it's a new variant of the same existing kit.

The only reason I can conceive, that he's so obsessed with RM or 2.0 releases, is because he doesn't paint. If you paint, make your own panel lines, scratch build. You will always make stuff better then bandai anyway.

Appel 2013-08-07 08:40

Quote:

I like it with and without the shroud. The shroud itself also doesn't add that many gimmicks, it's more about the looks than anything else.

Providenceangle 2013-08-07 10:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 4785087)
I like it with and without the shroud. The shroud itself also doesn't add that many gimmicks, it's more about the looks than anything else.

The missile bay is one. The jet pack part. I'll figure it out once I have the kit.

Man Aegis is nothing like the other kits... Still an interesting build.

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w...ps8bd5a59b.jpg