AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Haladflire65 2009-10-05 16:40

What I've always thought about Gundam models is that they're always looks so cool in those promotional pictures, but when you see the actual thing it just looks like... plastic.

But I think the PG 00 Raiser's pretty awesome.

Correction: Very awesome.

Nerroth 2009-10-05 16:56

So, I started my first attempt at a painted gunpla.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...nsProject1.jpg

Spoiler for WIP, day 1:

Amber.Dawn 2009-10-05 17:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haladflire65 (Post 2685710)
What I've always thought about Gundam models is that they're always looks so cool in those promotional pictures, but when you see the actual thing it just looks like... plastic.

But I think the PG 00 Raiser's pretty awesome.

Correction: Very awesome.

Hmm, really? I often find the actual model in front of me to be cooler than pics online.

Amber.Dawn 2009-10-05 17:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakubeX2 (Post 2684738)
Look on the bright side, the developers said "it will be as good as the Astray" and look at how the PG Astray Red Frame turns out.

Umm, you said the PG Red Frame was bad, didn't you?

WaytoDawn 2009-10-06 01:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhus12 (Post 2684467)
is it hg 1/144 exia or 1/100?

Its a HG 1/144 exia.
That PG Raiser sure is nice!

bio9205 2009-10-06 01:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nerroth (Post 2685734)

Spoiler for WIP, day 1:

Not bad. But the yellow you're using is in the wrong shade - it should be something like beige. Also, instead of purple paint, I suggest using a purple permanent marker. Any kind will do, they work pretty well. That's for the chest piece though, the forehead piece looks better unpainted.

And the drives are supposed to be orange, not green.

KaiDamien 2009-10-06 06:33

Im curious, in the boxart of 1/100 astray mirage frame . Is the other MS the backside of astray mirage frame?

GrahamAker 2009-10-06 06:33

reborns gundam gets true gn drives

Quote:

Originally Posted by bio9205 (Post 2686647)
Not bad. But the yellow you're using is in the wrong shade - it should be something like beige. Also, instead of purple paint, I suggest using a purple permanent marker. Any kind will do, they work pretty well. That's for the chest piece though, the forehead piece looks better unpainted.

not bad at all . hes just trying to make tau twin drive suit into origiinal gn drive suit:heh:

bio9205 2009-10-06 07:26

Well, that doesn't make sense. It looks out of place as well - the green doesn't go with Reborns' colour scheme. Maybe you can panel-line over the green with a black Gundam marker, it'll look much better.

justsomeguy 2009-10-06 07:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nerroth (Post 2685734)

Spoiler for WIP, day 1:

You might want to paint the edges of the chest crystal purple, so it looks less like a clear piece when viewed from the front.

MakubeX2 2009-10-06 08:34

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/9819/1254829716811.jpg

Bandai showing off their record of expecting to achieve nearly 5000,000 kits sold for their SD line in their local and oversea market by the end of this year, thanks to their ROTK franchise. No doubt they will continue to milk the ROTK line for the near future as it's much easier to design a SD kit than a standard real size kit for a mech.

duotiga 2009-10-06 09:12

frankly speaking...i got no regrest on getting sd sanguo kits. the kits are great & fun doing it XD

StratoSpear 2009-10-06 11:01

I just purchased Ignition Mode Exia for S$80... God, I can't wait for it to arrive!!

X207 2009-10-06 19:14

doesnt tamiya have clear paints that can be mixed? i still need to get some light bllue for 00 gn swordII but you might get away with it by mixing red clear and blue clear paints?? i have yet to use clear colors but did cheat with throne drei by mixing normal colors.

Okamidum 2009-10-07 00:40

Anyone have any insight of the Rick Dom and Gouf Custom from MS IGLOO. I really want either one but dalong didnt have much of a rating for it but they look nice.

Tormenk 2009-10-07 00:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by X207 (Post 2688085)
doesnt tamiya have clear paints that can be mixed? i still need to get some light bllue for 00 gn swordII but you might get away with it by mixing red clear and blue clear paints?? i have yet to use clear colors but did cheat with throne drei by mixing normal colors.

Wouldn't that give you clear purple in the end? Tamiya's clear colors get darker with more coats so a light blue would be one or two coats at best. Otherwise you can source around for markers or highlighters for the light blue.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Okamidum (Post 2688588)
Anyone have any insight of the Rick Dom and Gouf Custom from MS IGLOO. I really want either one but dalong didnt have much of a rating for it but they look nice.

Basically recolors of the Dom and Gouf Custom released ages ago, with new decal sets. Look up the Dom to be sure, since there are subtle differences from it and the Rick Dom.

Vandalier 2009-10-07 02:01

Yayyyy
tommorrow bandai will display PG 00

i hope tommorrow afternoon we already can see the picture

bio9205 2009-10-07 06:16

Just started on my Reborns - done the head and torso. I don't paint, hardly panel-line - but it looks great! No regrets on this model indeed.

GrimmReaperNL 2009-10-07 11:30

i just decided i've finished my blue frame and posed him with my other astray frames.

as there's no blue frame model (apart from the one that one discontinued a long time ago) i bought a 2nd green frame and painted the damn thing. bought some armored core weapon kits and made them work for blue frame. here's the result:

hope you like it (them)

Nerroth 2009-10-07 13:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by bio9205 (Post 2686647)

The yellow might be a little different than advertised, but I like the slightly richer paint on the model, personally.

Also, I coloured the Drives based on what one of the painted-up suits in... I think it was either Dengeki Hobby or Hobby Japan (I forget which, but the store I got the Reborns in carries both - and I saw it there).

Plus, I think the green looks well on the suit.

(I like to think of it as a standby mode, when it's not producing particles. Kind of like an inverse traffic-light system, or something!)

Quote:

Originally Posted by justsomeguy (Post 2686984)
You might want to paint the edges of the chest crystal purple, so it looks less like a clear piece when viewed from the front.

As regards the purple, I'm not too sure which option to go for at the moment. I do want to have it cover the clear plastic, rather than be hidden behind it... I might try the marker option if I can't find a good way to paint something on.

Oh, and also:

Spoiler for Day 2: