AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Un1ver5e 2009-12-11 20:52

Oh well, villians/anti heroes have the same definition in my dictionary. The red/black does provide a rather good contrast. Give me time, I'll do a Reborn/00 Raiser gattai next. That post will apply then. =)

Thanks for all your feedback. I'll try to improve on the designs for my subsequent works.

darkstrife 2009-12-11 22:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicSP (Post 2815961)
I wonder what Dalong thinks about the PG 00 Raiser?

Looks nice but it still doesnt feel like its worth of the price.And stangely,I have not seen many cool poses with it on the several modelers I've checked out.They seem to be a bit conservative with it.Perhaps their being careful about posing something so big even if it can be done so?

i just finished the waist and the both legs, i can tell u that the articulation isnt bad. the pelveis part can be shifted upwards to cover the square waist base so that it doesnt stick out.

the knee joint can be bent 90 degrees, the top part (thigh) can bend another 90 degrees. the thigh moves using a 'gear' system and moving it will cause the gears inside to make clicking sounds. the legs and the waist stand about 25cm high.

hope this helps u out in some way

Haladflire65 2009-12-11 23:56

Hey, I'm wanting another HG after Dynames and Exia Repair II - I'm trying to choose between Masuaro and Throne Eins. Which would be the better buy and easier build? I'm a Gunpla newb so I haven't gotten as far as painting and stuff yet... Are most HGs of simliar difficulty? If I managed Exia and Dynames with not much problem, would I be able to build most others, too?

Masuaro and Eins. Which one? Does anyone have any other good HG 00 suggestions?

GrahamAker 2009-12-12 00:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haladflire65 (Post 2816527)
Hey, I'm wanting another HG after Dynames and Exia Repair II - I'm trying to choose between Masuaro and Throne Eins. Which would be the better buy and easier build? I'm a Gunpla newb so I haven't gotten as far as painting and stuff yet... Are most HGs of simliar difficulty? If I managed Exia and Dynames with not much problem, would I be able to build most others, too?

1st point have confidence in yourself. Masurao is the best bet.few good recommendations: arche, (arios,seravee, cherudim) gnhw, 00r with gn sword III,reborns gundam.

Tormenk 2009-12-12 00:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haladflire65 (Post 2816527)

Well if you can do one HG you'll be fine with most others imo. Feel free to go for anything you like. Except for stuff like GN Arms may be? Since they're pretty huge and involve screws.

Masurao is a good pick. Pretty accurate in colors, just two foil stickers around the chest so there's no need to paint.

Chiu_fan 2009-12-12 01:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by helois (Post 2815183)
i still don't understand why a STEALTH mobile suit would be RED....

Um... 3x stealthier?:heh:

MG Victory Gundam ver. Ka. review (unpainted)
http://www.geocities.jp/hobby_no_tor...gundam-ka.html
http://www.geocities.jp/hobby_no_toriko/DSCF8699.JPGhttp://www.geocities.jp/hobby_no_toriko/DSCF8764.JPG

Skane 2009-12-12 04:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by helois (Post 2815183)
i still don't understand why a STEALTH mobile suit would be RED....

:s :s :s
if i'll buy Nebula Blitz i'll paint it in black or dark blue colors...

The Red ones stealth faster.

Cheers.

Un1ver5e 2009-12-12 04:55

Final kit bash for the year. :heh:

http://i861.photobucket.com/albums/a...W/DSCN2420.jpg

More pictures : http://s861.photobucket.com/home/Un1ver5e/allalbums

SonicSP 2009-12-12 06:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkstrife (Post 2816464)
i just finished the waist and the both legs, i can tell u that the articulation isnt bad. the pelveis part can be shifted upwards to cover the square waist base so that it doesnt stick out.

the knee joint can be bent 90 degrees, the top part (thigh) can bend another 90 degrees. the thigh moves using a 'gear' system and moving it will cause the gears inside to make clicking sounds. the legs and the waist stand about 25cm high.

hope this helps u out in some way

I'll probably wont be buying it anytime soon because its so pricey,I'm not a big fan of the bigger scales anhyway.I'm a HG kinda person.

But probably because I'm getting too lazy to even build HGs these days[takes me around 5 hours to build one].PG will kill me for sure.I'll probably wont have the time.

But its something I want to consider for the future perhaps,and since I'm a big fan of 00,I am hoping its good.

duotiga 2009-12-12 07:25

actually i do like final kitbash ^^

gummybear 2009-12-12 11:03

I like this one better than the other one on the last page, I give you a thumb up on this. Sorry if I sounded too mean but in my opinion is that douche and noble should not be merge together, that's why I don't like the other one you made.

SonicSP 2009-12-12 14:48

Sorry,universe,personally I iked your Arche/Susanowo combo alot,good job on that.

But the new Celestial Gundam?I'm personally not too fond of it,the old Celestial Gundam was better.

Art is seen differently by different people I guess,but credit to you.I don't even have a kit bash,maybe just a small swap of weapons here and there.I guess I like my stuff mostly canon........

Anyway,looking forward to any more bashes you'll make next year.

elindir 2009-12-12 14:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiu_fan (Post 2816642)
Um... 3x stealthier?:heh:

MG Victory Gundam ver. Ka. review (unpainted)
]

Man, I love this mobile suit. It's simplicity is beautiful.

Kitaeryu 2009-12-12 14:52

I have to say that all your kitbashs are really nice Universe. Good job =D

Haladflire65 2009-12-12 16:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrahamAker (Post 2816544)
1st point have confidence in yourself. Masurao is the best bet.few good recommendations: arche, (arios,seravee, cherudim) gnhw, 00r with gn sword III,reborns gundam.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tormenk
Well if you can do one HG you'll be fine with most others imo. Feel free to go for anything you like. Except for stuff like GN Arms may be? Since they're pretty huge and involve screws.

Masurao is a good pick. Pretty accurate in colors, just two foil stickers around the chest so there's no need to paint.

Thanks for your kind advice, guys :heh: I think I'll be going for the Masurao^^

GN0010 Nosferatu 2009-12-12 17:18

Celestial Gundam is going to give me nightmares.

Un1ver5e 2009-12-12 19:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicSP (Post 2815675)
Pretty good job,not too shabby.Did you have to do any modifications to the parts or did you simply had to snap some of them together?

Haha, let's just leave it that the change is irreversible. I had to saw off and glue some parts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gummybear (Post 2817160)
I like this one better than the other one on the last page, I give you a thumb up on this. Sorry if I sounded too mean but in my opinion is that douche and noble should not be merge together, that's why I don't like the other one you made.

Nah, don't worry about it. I know my kit bashes are not exactly conventional. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicSP (Post 2817435)
Sorry,universe,personally I iked your Arche/Susanowo combo alot,good job on that.

But the new Celestial Gundam?I'm personally not too fond of it,the old Celestial Gundam was better.

Art is seen differently by different people I guess,but credit to you.I don't even have a kit bash,maybe just a small swap of weapons here and there.I guess I like my stuff mostly canon........

Anyway,looking forward to any more bashes you'll make next year.

I've had some comments that the old one was better too. In this kit bash though, I wanted to incorporate a more bulky look to the gattai, much like the 00 Raiser combination instead of a streamline appearance. I did that following advice that Celestial Gundam I didn't look menecing enough; he looked much too thin. :heh:

Thanks though, I appreciate your honest opinion. Looking forward to your kits as well. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitaeryu (Post 2817441)
I have to say that all your kitbashs are really nice Universe. Good job =D

Quote:

Originally Posted by vektar (Post 2815864)
thats the best one yet, its so awesome looking all it needs is a good color scheme

Quote:

Originally Posted by Critias (Post 2816030)
Seriously, if that was all painted one color, that would be one helluva MS :D

Thanks. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 2816933)
actually i do like final kitbash ^^

Haha, bar Seraphim, the rest are your kits. Thanks for the price discount. :p

X207 2009-12-12 21:32

@un1ver5e: how did you kitbash that seravee to add all the extra weapons from the other 3 CB gundams? i really like it but it confuses me how you modified the seravee to make that suit. susarche looks so easy to make compared to that 5 in 1 O.O.

Okamidum 2009-12-12 22:09

Ahhh nooo I see super glue residue!.... Poor kits

Un1ver5e 2009-12-12 22:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by X207 (Post 2817989)
@un1ver5e: how did you kitbash that seravee to add all the extra weapons from the other 3 CB gundams? i really like it but it confuses me how you modified the seravee to make that suit. susarche looks so easy to make compared to that 5 in 1 O.O.

Seravee for the legs, Seraphim for the body, Arios for the right hand, Cherudim for the left hand, 00 for the back.:heh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Okamidum (Post 2818033)
Ahhh nooo I see super glue residue!.... Poor kits

Spue marks too, if you look carefully. I don't paint my kits, only panel lining with topcoat after. I tried to sand the marks down, including the leftover residue from the glue but unfortunately there's only that much you can do without paint.