AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

NBG 2017-03-22 00:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by crossgundam (Post 6054186)

You think they'll include the parts to make that skull shield pictured above?

crossgundam 2017-03-22 07:05

GUNDAM ASTAROTH RINASCIMENTO

https://i0.wp.com/www.taghobby.com/w...0321gekkou.jpg

Sworra 2017-03-22 16:02

Anyone know why Gundam Guys page has not been updated? Also I heard rumours of a MG Justice floating around anyone else hear anything?

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2017-03-22 18:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sworra (Post 6054889)
Also I heard rumours of a MG Justice floating around anyone else hear anything?

So far, we only got an image of MG Justice on display AFAIK. I guess you can see it here along with other news:
Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)

RRW 2017-03-23 11:11

http://i.imgur.com/qnTxgLx.jpg

Sworra 2017-03-23 13:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 6054959)
So far, we only got an image of MG Justice on display AFAIK.

Yeah that was the source I seen it from. I hope the rumour is true and we finally get a MG Justice.

silencer.001 2017-03-23 15:17

The MG Justice is actually confirmed for a June Release.

http://www.gundamkitscollection.com/...prototype.html

So, so happy.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-YP3YzOqsM...25281%2529.jpg

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2017-03-23 20:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sworra (Post 6055365)
Yeah that was the source I seen it from. I hope the rumour is true and we finally get a MG Justice.

It's not a rumor. Before that video, MG Justice was already confirmed by Bandai some time after MG Providence was announced. All we have to do is wait.

And yeah, that MG Justice sure looks rad. Even though it's a bit stylized from the original design, I'm still extremely happy. At least so far I don't see any drastic changes to the main weapons into something unnecessarily more complex like Freedom's balaena cannons.

Chibiloli 2017-03-31 19:42

So since Gundamguy hasn't updated for a while, I'm wondering if there is another place I can find more news on the new astaroth model.

Skye629 2017-03-31 20:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chibiloli (Post 6060185)
So since Gundamguy hasn't updated for a while, I'm wondering if there is another place I can find more news on the new astaroth model.

There isnt much news on the model at all outside of the lineart and the announcement of the kit

idk about what other good sites though, I just use the gunpla subreddit nowadays

NBG 2017-03-31 21:11

I love the dead design of the tristan

Skye629 2017-04-03 23:05

Not sure how long these have been out but:

MG Justice pics

http://www.gundamkitscollection.com/...ce-gundam.html



Also seems like were getting some sort of Cathedral variant thats not P-Bandai for the Amazing Ready mange

http://www.gundamkitscollection.com/...er-sample.html

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2017-04-03 23:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 6062288)
Not sure how long these have been out but:

MG Justice pics

http://www.gundamkitscollection.com/...ce-gundam.html

Also seems like were getting some sort of Cathedral variant thats not P-Bandai for the Amazing Ready mange

http://www.gundamkitscollection.com/...er-sample.html

Sexy MG Justice is the absolute justice :p

I'm glad I didn't waste my money to buy the normal RG Justice (I only have the RG Deactive Justice). Now I'll get the best of both worlds. I might have to get the RD Justice too to cement my fanboyism :D.

Btw, is it just me, or Denial mold is the sleeper hit of recent Gunpla? How many alternative kits of Denial that we have so far? Including HG Amazing Strike Freedom that shares Denial's shoulders. It might have as many kits as Fumina-related stuffs.

Skye629 2017-04-04 01:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 6062301)
Sexy MG Justice is the absolute justice :p

I'm glad I didn't waste my money to buy the normal RG Justice (I only have the RG Deactive Justice). Now I'll get the best of both worlds. I might have to get the RD Justice too to cement my fanboyism :D.

Btw, is it just me, or Denial mold is the sleeper hit of recent Gunpla? How many alternative kits of Denial that we have so far? Including HG Amazing Strike Freedom that shares Denial's shoulders. It might have as many kits as Fumina-related stuffs.

Not really? (on the Denial)

So far theres really only the base kit, Cathedral, and this new one

IMO calling the ASF a variant is a bit of a stretch since most of the kit is still the SF base

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2017-04-04 02:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 6062332)
Not really? (on the Denial)

So far theres really only the base kit, Cathedral, and this new one

IMO calling the ASF a variant is a bit of a stretch since most of the kit is still the SF base

Iunno. I mean, for an original side-Gundam with new mold and minimal screentime in its own series, it sure spawned more kits than it should have. It's not even the main big bad like Reborns & we didn't really get many variations out of HG Reborns. In that way, I still consider it a sleeper hit.

wavehawk 2017-04-13 07:23

Just a little remind for Easter break...
https://scontent.fmel1-1.fna.fbcdn.n...01&oe=59925BEC

wissenschaft 2017-04-18 12:43

https://www.theanimetropolis.com/wp-...odel-Kit-1.jpg

Nah, this is more like happyness. *admittedly I've never liked Zakus.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2017-04-19 23:34

Since this is mostly a new mold, I figured this is worthy to be posted here:

3rd Party (Dragon Momoko) DM MG 1/100 ZGMF-X12A Gundam Testament from Gundam SEED Destiny Astray manga:
Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread) And Bandai's Robot Damashii for comparison:
Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)
I honestly feel more and more grateful for the existence of 3rd parties. Not only because they provide a cheaper alternative for spare parts and customization, but also their willingness to go above and beyond to create something that fans want which Bandai will likely never make (eg. MG Hazel Gundam, MG Deathsythe Hell non-EW, etc). Oh, and most of them are committed to always improve their products. They are the dark horse and helpful sidekick during the dark age of Master Grades. They even convert the Metal Builds and release them as far cheaper (but still quite good) MG kits that you can assemble yourself.

Butagami 2017-04-21 06:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 6073690)
Since this is mostly a new mold, I figured this is worthy to be posted here:

3rd Party (Dragon Momoko) DM MG 1/100 ZGMF-X12A Gundam Testament from Gundam SEED Destiny Astray manga:
Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread) And Bandai's Robot Damashii for comparison:
Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)
I honestly feel more and more grateful for the existence of 3rd parties. Not only because they provide a cheaper alternative for spare parts and customization, but also their willingness to go above and beyond to create something that fans want which Bandai will likely never make (eg. MG Hazel Gundam, MG Deathsythe Hell non-EW, etc). Oh, and most of them are committed to always improve their products. They are the dark horse and helpful sidekick during the dark age of Master Grades. They even convert the Metal Builds and release them as far cheaper (but still quite good) MG kits that you can assemble yourself.

Dayum, I forgot how good Testament looked. I really want an official MG of that thing now. Any idea what the Dragon Momoko version costs/will cost?

And dark age of MG, that's both accurate and pretty depressing. I'm hoping for a revival soon, maybe with some more 00 MG's (Dynames or Zabanya or something) or something completely different.

CharKO84 2017-04-21 18:25

Is the Robot Damashii line pretty much dead now? I feel like it's been a while since any new releases were announced.

Rising Dragon 2017-04-21 18:54

http://puu.sh/vs0nJ/3831825977.jpg

They seem to be doing fine to me...

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2017-04-21 21:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butagami (Post 6074316)
Any idea what the Dragon Momoko version costs/will cost?

Well, since DM MG Akatsuki Gundam & Deathscythe Hell TV are around $40-50-ish, you can expect MG Testament in the same price range or slightly more expensive if the kit is better than the previous ones.

CharKO84 2017-04-22 04:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rising Dragon (Post 6074645)
http://puu.sh/vs0nJ/3831825977.jpg

They seem to be doing fine to me...

Looks like mostly a bunch of repaints and retools. That doesn't seem "fine" to me.

I remember they were gonna do Blu Duel and Verde Buster too...but no mention of them in the schedule it seems. My Strike Noir is lonely...

GN0010 Nosferatu 2017-04-22 06:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharKO84 (Post 6074777)
Looks like mostly a bunch of repaints and retools. That doesn't seem "fine" to me.

I remember they were gonna do Blu Duel and Verde Buster too...but no mention of them in the schedule it seems. My Strike Noir is lonely...

They have shown a lot of figures over the years that never get released. Blue Destiny, Gun-Ez, Gun Blaster, METEOR Unit, etc.

Strike Noir most likely didn't sell enough to produce the others. The primary focus of the Robot Spirits line is A.N.I.M.E line now, which is all OYW.

Skye629 2017-04-23 03:23

Some Upcoming P-Bandai

HGIBO Riden-Go

HGIBO Kings Throne

MG Advanced GN-X (fuck me....checks credit card, someone talk me out of this before things get out of hand, I need to save for the eventual P-Bandai Sandrock EW)



And one of my go to online shops Hobbywave is shutting down, so my credit card took a huge hit from IBO kits already (if you're in the US and want some cheaper kits you might want to check them out before its all over)

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2017-04-23 06:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 6075387)
MG Advanced GN-X (fuck me....checks credit card, someone talk me out of this before things get out of hand, I need to save for the eventual P-Bandai Sandrock EW)

Well, if it's any help, I can say that MG GN-X is not a really good base. There are problems of parts falling off, etc. MG Sandrock and its variant is definitely the better kit. Also, it's not like you're gonna lose any chance to buy the MG Adv GN-X later on if you hold off now. Bandai will keep on printing exclusives from time to time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 6075387)
And one of my go to online shops Hobbywave is shutting down, so my credit card took a huge hit from IBO kits already (if you're in the US and want some cheaper kits you might want to check them out before its all over)

Lucky you that they decided to do a clean-up sale with (I assume) cheaper price. What kits did you buy?

Skye629 2017-04-23 17:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 6075463)
Well, if it's any help, I can say that MG GN-X is not a really good base. There are problems of parts falling off, etc. MG Sandrock and its variant is definitely the better kit. Also, it's not like you're gonna lose any chance to buy the MG Adv GN-X later on if you hold off now. Bandai will keep on printing exclusives from time to time.

Lucky you that they decided to do a clean-up sale with (I assume) cheaper price. What kits did you buy?

FM Bael
HG Bael
McGillis Chara Stand
HG Graze Ritter
HG Kimaris Vidar
HG Graze Ein
Gaelio Chara Stand


Pretty much set on IBO kits for a while lol

Butagami 2017-04-27 08:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 6074679)
Well, since DM MG Akatsuki Gundam & Deathscythe Hell TV are around $40-50-ish, you can expect MG Testament in the same price range or slightly more expensive if the kit is better than the previous ones.

I looked up that Deathscythe MG, and I'm kinda dissapointed. It looks awesome, but nothing like the original MS. For a second I got excited....

I hope that Bandai will pull itself out of the dark age eventually, there are still so many MS's that deserve the MG treatment (the other 00 gundams, Abyss gundam, TV versions of Wing MS ( I'd really like a decent Virgo kit), Byarlant Custom, just to name a few)

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2017-04-27 15:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butagami (Post 6077245)
I looked up that Deathscythe MG, and I'm kinda dissapointed. It looks awesome, but nothing like the original MS. For a second I got excited....

Yeah, DM's MG Deathscythe is highly stylized. Though, we also got that treatment in official products too such as the Metal Builds (eg. MB Destiny is a huge departure from the actual lineart). And DM MG D-Hell does resemble the original design. The rib-cages chest, the shroud, the head, the feet, even the dual-bladed scythe was lifted almost-straight from Bandai's actual 1/100 Deathsythe Hell TV (I have the kit, so I can tell).

wissenschaft 2017-04-29 22:51

Oh yeah, the Deathscythe MG is a bit different but the model is beautiful. I think its worth the price but that depends on how much a stickler you are for accuracy.

Illsteir 2017-05-03 01:54

The next Real Grade:
Spoiler for Grenade of Possibility:

http://bandai-hobby.net/site/shizuokahobbyshow2017/
https://twitter.com/HobbySite/status/859637824794099713

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2017-05-03 02:24

^ Will it be transformable? If so, will Bandai shoot themselves in the foot like when they made RG Sinanju with RG Mk-II's frame? :uhoh:

RRW 2017-05-03 08:56

I am sure it going to have destroy mode.

.
.
.

It will be literally destroyed

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2017-05-06 00:08

It seems this thread needs some refreshment. Here's a new review of Gunpla Evo Project HG Zeta Gundam for you:

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)

RRW 2017-05-07 18:37

https://i.imgur.com/hsnIVxE_d.jpg?ma...&fidelity=high

CharKO84 2017-05-07 21:33

Is there a good substitute for the wire used for the 1/144 Barbatos Lupus Rex's tail you can buy? I kinda want to make mine longer.

Chibiloli 2017-05-10 08:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharKO84 (Post 6081556)
Is there a good substitute for the wire used for the 1/144 Barbatos Lupus Rex's tail you can buy? I kinda want to make mine longer.

Looks to be about the same thickness as the large paperclips, I have one myself but I've yet to test it with a large paperclip since my older sister doesn't appreaciate me stealing her office supplies.

So my Aunt is going to Japan at the end of the month, are there any exclusive HG sets released only in Japan or any models that will be released by then there? Because I'm considering asking her to get me one.

Chiu_fan 2017-05-10 09:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharKO84 (Post 6081556)
Is there a good substitute for the wire used for the 1/144 Barbatos Lupus Rex's tail you can buy? I kinda want to make mine longer.

You can try your local electronics/hardware shops for that. Just bring the one included in the kit for reference to get the right thickness of the wire.

Skye629 2017-05-10 18:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chibiloli (Post 6082682)
Looks to be about the same thickness as the large paperclips, I have one myself but I've yet to test it with a large paperclip since my older sister doesn't appreaciate me stealing her office supplies.

So my Aunt is going to Japan at the end of the month, are there any exclusive HG sets released only in Japan or any models that will be released by then there? Because I'm considering asking her to get me one.

Theres quite a few P-Bandai/limited edition kits out there, from what I heard hobbystores in japan tend to have them on the shelves sometimes, old and new. Cant say what exactly they would have though since availability is determined by supply (rereleased/reissued or not) and demand (how popular particular MS is)

Not sure about releases for this month, but theres quite a few being released and rereleased in june/july

RRW 2017-05-10 18:40

Finding p-bandai gunpla in Japan quite hard unless if you know store that sells them. Might as well buy those exclusive gunpla in Gundam Store


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:16.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.