AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Scavenger Hunt III (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=117583)

Kudryavka 2013-01-26 16:30

Scavenger Hunt III

The Animesuki Scavenger Hunt - Third Coming

Because I and many other members loved the last scavenger hunt (thank you Nightwish!), I decided to hold a third one. Unfortunately at the moment I dont have the backing of any moderators, so this may not end well. But heres to hoping...

Spoiler for The rules from last time for legacy purposes:

This year's rules:

Quote:

1. I post a riddle, and you guys try your best to solve it by posting a link to the page. The riddle may point to a thread, a post, a user profile, or anything else on the forums or connected to the Animesuki site. This includes the Wiki, the torrent site, social groups, and anything else.
2. The regular time limit on riddles is two weeks, but hints will be given out if it goes on for too long. If its your riddle, please do not give out hints until I say its ok, otherwise the game may get too easy. Certain riddles may be given longer periods of time to be solved if they are deemed too difficult.
3. The first person to post a link to the correct page wins the round. The only exception is when two or more people post links and one post ninjas the other. There was some drama last time about this, so I'm changing that.
4. Considering this doesnt get locked and people actually want to play, it will last for twenty rounds, one riddle per round.
5. There will be two weeks to solve each riddle.
6. If no one solves the riddle after two days, a hint will be given out. After that more hints will be given out (how often to be determined) until it is solved.
I don't have Kairin's help either, so I think I will just post the riddles in this thread, and make a link to all of them in this first post. When its your turn to make up a riddle, dont post it in this thread, PM it to me. Otherwise it will not count.

My next post will be a test drive riddle, so it wont count for points, but it will help you out if you want to learn how it works. It will be the only riddle I write, unless things get really bad and there are no riddles left but people who want to play. That shouldn't happen though.

If me holding a contest is bad, then by all means please lock this thread asap.

Spoiler for Riddles::

Spoiler for Points::

Kudryavka 2013-01-26 16:51

Riddle 0:

Of a popular topic, yet I am so unnoticed here,
A child of one of the most famous in the concerned medium.
Perhaps it is because my topic is old? Yet I am not.
But how old can the story of an unwanted love be?
Even if it is crossing species.
Do you like my short body?
I guess I'll let the tiger stripes do the talking, darling.

Deathscyther 2013-01-26 20:29

I liked the scavenger hunt as well. It's been a while since I tried solving a riddle, so I'll give it a try. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kudryavka (Post 4529037)
Riddle 0:

Of a popular topic, yet I am so unnoticed here,
A child of one of the most famous in the concerned medium.
Perhaps it is because my topic is old? Yet I am not.
But how old can the story of an unwanted love be?
Even if it is crossing species.
Do you like my short body?
I guess I'll let the tiger stripes do the talking, darling.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=73374

Kudryavka 2013-01-26 21:00

Thanks for playing!

And no, I'm sorry thats not right, but a very good guess.

I think since this is Riddle 0 I'll give a hint quicker than usual...

Kudryavka 2013-02-02 19:56

Since no posting, I will assume no one is interested in playing at this time.

Please post when you want to play so I can continue doing it. :)

jdennis007 2013-02-02 20:23

My guess
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...urusei+yatsura

Kudryavka 2013-02-02 20:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdennis007 (Post 4538281)

Wow, that is correct! :)

Since you won this, you can send me a riddle (through PM, please). And then I'll post it and we'll all play some more. :)

This was a practice riddle, so no points however.

You know what, seeing how little interest there is right now, I may just open riddles up to everyone and then just post them in order I received them or maybe just as a backup reserve of riddles... I'll see how things go. But for now, jdennis, your riddle please, if you would like to continue playing.

Riddle explanation coming soon.

Haiprbim 2013-03-09 16:13

Due to this thread still being a sticky I am wondering, will we get the new riddle any time soon?
I'm totally in if there will be one!

monster 2013-03-09 16:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by P3tr (Post 4584496)
will we get the new riddle any time soon?

New riddles will depend on people submitting them.

Haiprbim 2013-03-09 16:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 4584500)
New riddles will depend on people submitting them.

Are those people the ones that win the riddle?
Because if they are, the game can break up pretty fast.
Also, I did read before I posted, so I'm pointing this part out:

"I'll see how things go. But for now, jdennis, your riddle please, if you would like to continue playing.
Riddle explanation coming soon."

So, by looking at the part "Riddle explanation coming soon.", I can expect that Kudryavka either received the message from jdennis007, is certain that he/she will receive it, or will make up a riddle by himself/herself.

monster 2013-03-09 16:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by P3tr (Post 4584509)
Are those people the ones that win the riddle?
Because if they are, the game can break up pretty fast.

Well, for that, you'd have to ask the organizer(s), which is probably only Kudryavka.
Quote:

Also, I did read before I posted, so I'm pointing this part out:

"I'll see how things go. But for now, jdennis, your riddle please, if you would like to continue playing.
Riddle explanation coming soon."

So, by looking at the part "Riddle explanation coming soon.", I can expect that Kudryavka either received the message from jdennis007, is certain that he/she will receive it, or will make up a riddle by himself/herself.
The explanation that was supposed to be coming is for Kudryavka's riddle. jdennis007 answered the riddle without giving an explanation.

Haiprbim 2013-03-09 16:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 4584520)
Well, for that, you'd have to ask the organizer(s), which is probably only Kudryavka.

For that I would have to ask the organizers what?
That post doesn't make any sense to what I posted.

Quote:

The explanation that was supposed to be coming is for Kudryavka's riddle. jdennis007 answered the riddle without giving an explanation.
I see, so, because jdennis007 has not given an explanation after answering the riddle, Kudryavka was focusing on himself/herself when he/she said "Riddle explanation coming soon."" I'm sorry, It's just a bit hard to understand what you mean by how you write it down, but I think I get the main picture, as I did on the start.

So, we come back to my main question.
As this thread is still a sticky, are we getting another riddle any time soon?
I hope you haven't forgotten that this is a sticky thread.

Thanks.

milan kyuubi 2014-02-08 05:18

Since Kudryavka hasn't visited the forum since last year. And this thread still being sticky. I decided I will post my own riddle. :)

This riddle was created for the previous contest, and was approved by Nightwish. But was never posted. Since another of my riddles were used.

Timeline. Since no one else is playing. I would say indefinitely. At least until someone solves my riddle.

About the prize for the winner? Well I have no idea. How about playing just for fun? :D

So here is the riddle!

The cries echoed around,
asking for it's creation.
Their cries reached to the person.
A calender should be replaced.
When winter reaches some places,
the construction has been finished.
On top of the construction sat one being.

Haak 2014-02-08 08:07

Winter Banner Contest?

milan kyuubi 2014-02-08 08:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haak (Post 5004979)

Nope! But thanks for playing! :)

RRW 2014-02-08 08:22

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=124476

milan kyuubi 2014-02-08 08:30

Keep them coming people! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by RRW (Post 5004989)

No. :)

Useful tip: This riddle was originally created for the previous Scavenger Hunt II.

So all threads/posts/etc created after that date are no no. ;)

milan kyuubi 2014-03-14 07:06

Well I hoped more people will try it. But oh, well....

Here is a hint that might help you all out. :)

Slowly blinking away.

milan kyuubi 2014-05-27 09:12

Another hint! :)

The user/thread/post this riddle leads to! The user changed it's own name somewhere in the last 5 pages of Username Change thread!