AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L) Toriko (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=99768)

Westlo 2010-12-15 04:02

Toriko

Toriko finally got an anime green lit as mentioned in the upcoming issue of WSJ. will be set to take over the time slot currently being used by Dragon Ball Z Kai, which airs before One Piece. A lot of people were puzzled at the long wait for a Toriko tv series but it now makes sense if they want to use this time slot.

Wiki synopsis

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wiki
In a world where the taste and texture of food is extremely important there exist individuals known as Gourmet Hunters (bishoku-ya) who specialize in the acquisition of rare ingredients and animals. Toriko is one of these hunters and it is his dream to find the most precious foods in the world and create the ultimate dinner course. As one of the most skilled hunters in the world he is regularly hired by restaurants and the rich to seek out new ingredients and rare animals. A man with inhuman ability, he utilizes his incredible strength and knowledge of the animal kingdom to capture ferocious, evasive, and rare beasts to further his ultimate goal. He is accompanied by a weak and timid chef who, inspired by Toriko's ambition, travels with him to improve his culinary skills and to find rare ingredients. An organization that seeks to take control of the world's entire food supply increases the struggle.

Will change pic with the cover for this weeks Jump once its out.

Kafriel 2010-12-16 12:26

Any news on how long it will run for? I get the feeling this anime will be delicious and one of the few without the excessive semi-naked female fanservice that goes around these days :)

Fenrir_valindri 2010-12-16 22:35

Awesome news, recently discovered the manga and devoured it pretty quickly.

Looking forward to the mouth-watering food.

Bonta Kun 2010-12-16 23:20

Great stuff, my 4th favorite WSJ series finally gets an anime, hooray!(this follows after One Piece, Beelzlebub and Nura)

ellifeedn 2011-02-08 16:50

When does the anime premiere?

j0x 2011-02-09 11:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by ellifeedn (Post 3478043)
When does the anime premiere?

April 2011

Shiroth 2011-03-03 15:28

For those that have seen the Jump Special OVA from last October, does it spoil anything major?

ellifeedn 2011-03-03 16:23

^ Basically it's the first episode.

Shiroth 2011-03-03 16:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by ellifeedn (Post 3515422)
^ Basically it's the first episode.

Thanks. I might just wait for the TV series then.

Destinyblade 2011-03-03 19:33

It's nice to see a current manga series getting Dragon Ball Kai's timeslot instead of another classic remake like Gegege no Kitaro or another Digimon on there.

I may take a look at this when it comes out. It seems like a couple of new Jump series are premiering this upcoming season.

Genten 2011-03-05 22:59

Just bought the first volume of the manga due to some comments I read about this series containing some epic manly ridiculousness. It was really great: perfectly over the top and chocked full of manly Toriko goodness that I really want the next volumes (even if I don't have the funds righ now to buy them :( )

So, about this anime adaption: I'm super excited but I don't know if the anime can capture the insanity present in the manga. It's always a worry for me: an adaption of an over the top manga might not match the mood of it's original. Plus, since it's a Jump series, the animation quality might, ah, not be the best (although I can't remember who's animating the series off of the top of my head. . . or if there was a trailer released. . . I need to keep up with these things).

But still keeping my hopes up and looking forward to the anime :)

Shiroth 2011-03-06 15:22

I hear nothing but good comments about the manga, so i'm really looking forward to the anime. Actually, i'll probably give it 5 episodes before i marathon the manga.

larethian 2011-03-08 03:03

absolutely love the creativity of this!

mecharobot 2011-03-17 20:03

I thought the promo episode was ridiculous. In a good way. I'm definitely going to see how this turns out.

However, if the manga is still ongoing, I hope that theyll leave it at two seasons most. I don't want to watch fillers and butchered pacing.

ellifeedn 2011-03-17 20:19

Unlike most series, this one is the kind where fillers can actually work with the story.

Shiroth 2011-03-18 12:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by mecharobot (Post 3535541)
However, if the manga is still ongoing, I hope that theyll leave it at two seasons most. I don't want to watch fillers and butchered pacing.

This is Toei, so it will mostly liking last for a long time. If it does good enough that is, though i haven't heard anyone say anything bad about the manga yet.

Westlo 2011-03-18 15:26

Since this is taking over the Dragonball Kai timeslot which airs before One Piece I fully expect this to get to 100+ episodes rather easily....

If it was going to be just 26 episodes it would've got an anime much sooner and before Mago and Beezlebub...

Shiroth 2011-03-23 17:06

Finished reading the first volume, and this is certainly my kind of crazy and over the top. The anime should be a blast.

Destinyblade 2011-03-24 16:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Westlo (Post 3536393)
Since this is taking over the Dragonball Kai timeslot which airs before One Piece I fully expect this to get to 100+ episodes rather easily....

If it was going to be just 26 episodes it would've got an anime much sooner and before Mago and Beezlebub...

Not necessarily. Kekkaishi was on the old Inuyasha timeslot in Japan when it came out, and that was a timeslot that aired long running anime too (I believe that slot is gone now and is a news program). Yet instead of going on forever, it only ran for 52 episodes due to poor ratings. If Toriko doesn't deliver the ratings that Fuji TV or Toei Animation wants to see on there, I'm sure it'll get canned long before they reach Episode 100.

However, Toei seems to generally be more business-minded than most studios, so they probably have a better idea of what works and what doesn't. If they think Toriko can succeed on such a demanding slot, chances are it will.

Shiroth 2011-03-27 15:43

Here's the preview for the Toriko x One Piece crossover episode that will air next week.

Preview