AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   One Piece (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   One Piece - Chapter 521 [Manga] (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=73781)

xris 2008-11-04 07:11

One Piece - Chapter 521 [Manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Sordes Pilosus 2008-11-04 07:17

Well im hoping for a good Chapter, It will likly be a Chapter with quite alot of Conversation in it, regarding things like what the Mark on the back is. Sandersonia needs to move from her position afterall, or she might fall. At the time there is a big chance we will get the mark revealed and probably Luffy remember after hearing part of their story.

james0246 2008-11-04 10:59

I really do not want Boa to be Luffy's mother. This idea just seem too silly to be a valid story.

marvelB 2008-11-04 11:10

No spoilers yet, but in the meantime here's my lil' prediction:

We'll probably get a flashback that chronicles the events that led to the Boa sisters getting whatever mark is on their backs in the first place. I'm also going to go out on a limb and consider the possibility that the mark will somehow be connected to Dragon, which would further strengthen the "Hancock=Luffy's mother" theory....

Quote:

Originally Posted by james0246 (Post 2033957)
I really do not want Boa to be Luffy's mother. This idea just seem too silly to be a valid story.

Personally, I find the idea to berather intriguing. On an island inhabited by only women, a mother meets her bastard son whom she wanted nothing to do with.... So yes, even if they do turn out to be related, I wouldn't expect to see them getting along anytime soon.....

And hey, at least that twist is better than the "Hancock falling in love with Luffy" twist. :rolleyes:

james0246 2008-11-04 12:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by marvelB (Post 2033972)
And hey, at least that twist is better than the "Hancock falling in love with Luffy" twist. :rolleyes:

I would be relatively okay with Boa being his sister (previously unmentioned (like all Luffy's relatives :))) or even an aunt, but the mother angle just seems so...awkward. Then again, overall, maybe I just do not want Luffy to be related to Sandersonia and Marigold :).

Predictions: Boa was crying in the last episode not due to a tragic past, but because she is upset that she must now get down into the ring and attempt to kick Luffy's ass. So, she is crying because she is going to ruin her manicure :).

marvelB 2008-11-04 13:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by james0246 (Post 2034100)
Then again, overall, maybe I just do not want Luffy to be related to Sandersonia and Marigold :).

But who wouldn't want to have a couple of freaky snake women as their aunts? ;)

But kidding aside, Luffy's reaction to being related to the Boas should be highly amusing if it turns out to be true. He'd probably think that being related to transforming snake women would be the most awesome thing ever....

As far as Hancock being Luffy's sister goes.... I think that depends on how old she is. If she's over 30 years old, then I think we can rule out that possibility....

Quote:

Predictions: Boa was crying in the last episode not due to a tragic past, but because she is upset that she must now get down into the ring and attempt to kick Luffy's ass. So, she is crying because she is going to ruin her manicure :).

Yep, I see the possibility of Hancock being pissed, as well. However, I'm not 100% certain that she's the type of person who's afraid of getting her hands dirty. She certainly has no problem with kicking around kittens and throwing elderly folks out of windows, after all....

Rainbowman 2008-11-04 17:17

Well we have two possibilites before the summary is out:

1. Boa Hancock shows the markings on her back and tells her story about it.

or

2. Boa Hancock mentions the Devil Fruit she has and goes into combat with whatever other skills she has.

This outcome is as suspenseful as this election event between Obama and McCain.

marvelB 2008-11-04 17:30

LOL, I accidentally typed in "Hancock being Luffy's brother" in my last post.... silly me. I fixed the mistake but I still can't help but be reminded of a while back when a few people guessed that she was actually a man in drag shortly after she was revealed....

Oh, and I'm still crossing my fingers for elder Nyon to reappear and kick some ass soon! :D

Crimson Reaper 2008-11-04 17:30

Okay so I found a brief summary. I don't think it's been confirmed yet but I'll throw it out all the same.
-The sisters wonder what Luffys goal is as his actions confuse them.
-Luffy explains what happened to him back on Archipelago.
-Boa believes him and has a flashback on if she should or shouldn't fight to remain a Shikibukai.
-Boa says she'll sail for Archipelago.

Also the mark on their backs is the mark of the World Government, but again not confirmed.
Very interesting....if true that is. I smell tragic back story and ass kicking team up in the near future.

Freya 2008-11-04 18:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crimson Reaper (Post 2034533)
Okay so I found a brief summary. I don't think it's been confirmed yet but I'll throw it out all the same.
-Boa believes him and has a flashback on if she should or shouldn't fight to remain a Shikibukai.

Also the mark on their backs is the mark of the World Government, but again not confirmed.
Very interesting....if true that is. I smell tragic back story and ass kicking team up in the near future.

World Government tattoo? Now THAT would be just plain pathetic. Boa as Luffy's mom? Heck why not. Hottest mom? rofl. But dude....wait that would make no sense. The mark right seems like it could actually hurt someone if seen. A tattoo would be the last thing that would cause harm.

marvelB 2008-11-04 18:26

Yeah, I'm inclined to believe those spoilers are fake, as well. But not so much because of the WG tattoo thing, but the fact that Hancock was willing to sail Luffy back to Sabaody so soon. I don't think that she would let Luffy's offenses slide so easily, even if he were to explain his situation to her. She seems to be quite determined to protect her secret, even to the point of eliminating anyone who glances at her exposed back.....

Freya 2008-11-04 21:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by marvelB (Post 2034628)
Yeah, I'm inclined to believe those spoilers are fake, as well. But not so much because of the WG tattoo thing, but the fact that Hancock was willing to sail Luffy back to Sabaody so soon. I don't think that she would let Luffy's offenses slide so easily, even if he were to explain his situation to her. She seems to be quite determined to protect her secret, even to the point of eliminating anyone who glances at her exposed back.....

Yeah but for one thing Luffy had no effect seeing it and he also saved her sister.

Rainbowman 2008-11-04 23:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crimson Reaper (Post 2034533)

If the marks on their backs are confirmed, perhaps you can post a picture so we can all see. If that mark is of the World Government, then it would have to be proof that Luffy knows the significance of it.

BTW, Barrack Obama has won by 284 points. :D :smile: :hyper-^v^:

marvelB 2008-11-05 02:44

Well, the REAL summary is out now. It hasn't been fully translated yet, but here's some interesting tidbits:

-The Boa sisters are confirmed to be runaway slaves (well, at least that's one particular piece of speculation that turned out to be true....). Also, the mark on their backs is the sun tattoo that we see on Hachi and various other mermen.....

-Shakuyaku, Rayleigh's friend from Sabaody, was a former empress of Amazon Lily. Apparently, so was Lola's mother, but that doesn't seem to be 100% confirmed yet.....

Yep, very interesting chapter so far indeed. ;)

Edit: Pics are out! Nyon appears! Hancock also restores Margaret, Sweetpea and Aphelandra back to normal! Unfortunately, now people are getting the impression that Hancock will join Luffy. Well, I guess as long as it's temporary, I'd be cool with it.....

noktown 2008-11-05 03:07

Yeah as cool as it may be i don't like the idea of Boa joining Luffy,Margaret yeah,Boa - nooo...

So boa is turning into a good girl,i guess Luffy is just too good ;d

marvelB 2008-11-05 03:30

So that part about Shakky and Lola's mom being former empresses turned out to be fake after all (well, I DID say it wasn't 100% confirmed).

So... still no full translation yet, but apparently, the sun mark is actually a slave brand, and the mermen altered it a bit and made it their symbol. Also, Hancock mentions some dude named "Fisher Tiger" (I don't think he's a Yonkou.... he's probably a merman, judging by the name). So it looks like this storyline will tie in to the upcoming Merman Island arc after all. I still can't say I'm too fond of Hancock softening up to Luffy so soon, but as I said before, if she's only a temporary ally, then I'm cool with it....

Freya 2008-11-05 03:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by marvelB (Post 2035799)
So that part about Shakky and Lola's mom being former empresses turned out to be fake after all (well, I DID say it wasn't 100% confirmed).

So... still no full translation yet, but apparently, the sun mark is actually a slave brand, and the mermen altered it a bit and made it their symbol. Also, Hancock mentions some dude named "Fisher Tiger" (I don't think he's a Yonkou.... he's probably a merman, judging by the name). So it looks like this storyline will tie in to the upcoming Merman Island arc after all. I still can't say I'm too fond of Hancock softening up to Luffy so soon, but as I said before, if she's only a temporary ally, then I'm cool with it....

It's literally IMPOSSIBLE for her to join Luffy. Temporary ally as marvel said is the only logical alternative for her.

marvelB 2008-11-05 04:22

Okay, thanks to aohige, we have a full summary:

-Hancock agrees to undo the curse she placed on Margaret and co. The three sisters are shocked by Luffy's gratitude.

-Afterwards, Hancock shows Luffy her back and he says it looks similar to Hachi's tattoo. Elder Nyon appears and tells Hancock to explain the story behind the mark, since she knew that Luffy assaulted a World Noble (I guess she found out from that newspaper)....

-Hancock says she and her sisters were captured and sold to the World Nobles when she was 12 years old (she also notes that they men who enslaved her were the first ones she's ever seen). Four years after becoming a slave, a merman named Fisher Tiger (who became the original captain of the merman pirates) climbs up the Red Line with his bare hands and liberated ALL the slaves, despite his hatred of humans. Naturally, the government wasn't very happy about this. Afterwards, he formed the Sun Pirates with the slaves he rescued. He's passed away since then, and the merman pirates split into seperate groups......

-Hancock then asks Luffy if he hates her, but he says that it's the World Nobles that he hates. She then cheers up and tells him that she'll lend him a ship.....

Man, Fisher Tiger is freaking awesome. I think we'll learn more about him in the upcoming Merman Island storyline (hell, we better). It's also great to finally learn about the Sun Pirates. Of course, this now makes Arlong's hatred towards humans fully understandable, though I still wouldn't say that it justifies him terrorizing innocent people like he did in East Blue....

Still, it's kinda wierd when you also consider that Macro's crew, who also had the same mark, was cooperating with Duval in capturing slaves. I mean, I'd find that to be pretty low.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freya (Post 2035811)
It's literally IMPOSSIBLE for her to join Luffy. Temporary ally as marvel said is the only logical alternative for her.

Precisely. I mean, it doesn't really make sense for a person who already has her own crew to begin with to be a permanent member of Luffy's crew (sure, Usopp had a "crew", but it was only a pretend one). Plus, it would just be plain awkward for the final crewmember to be someone who's probably stronger than Luffy...

Sordes Pilosus 2008-11-05 04:32

Well if the Summery is accurate we probably have also found Margaret's role if she comes to joining. Bodyguard, If the part about Hancock "liking Luffy" as in not love or things like that but really like him as a person. Then she might send an Amazon to help protect him. Margaret would be the most logical one to send for the job.

james0246 2008-11-05 04:42

Say it loud, and say it proud, "I am Fisher Tiger." I hope he will have a voice like Kirk Douglas' :)

So the original predictions of a slavery tattoos were correct, as well as my original prediction that Luffy would simply ask for a ship and that the ending would be anti-climatic :). Oh well, at least Boa is not Luffy's mother ;).

Wai 2008-11-05 06:37

If the "sun" mark was based on the design of the "slave" mark, then are the tattoos on shipwright Tom's arms related to them in any way?

Bummer, I shouldn't have peeked into this thread, now that the contents of the upcoming chapter have been revealed haha. I knew Hancock could reverse her petrification abilities.

Hancock isn't ugly, so there is a chance of her joining Luffy's crew, but I seriously doubt that. Even if she were to join, what could she provide to the crew?

Nightengale 2008-11-05 07:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Small One (Post 2035923)
I think this has to be explained a bit more:
Why did he climb up the Red Line? How did he free all the slaves, and why didn't the WG do something against it, if they had a problem with this?

I think it's pretty obvious Life and Death of Fisher Tiger will be the obligatory flashback of the Merman Island arc, so I suppose we'll have to wait.

Besides, they also has to explain how Jinbei (( who's probably a more radical mate of Tiger's crew )) came into power as a Shichibukai after Tiger died. Besides, from the way it sounded along with what Hachi/Robin said in earlier chapters, it seems likely that it's the typical freedom fighter story, with the Fishman/Merman getting their rights soon after somehow.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wai (Post 2035973)
If the "sun" mark was based on the design of the "slave" mark, then are the tattoos on shipwright Tom's arms related to them in any way?

Bummer, I shouldn't have peeked into this thread, now that the contents of the upcoming chapter have been revealed haha. I knew Hancock could reverse her petrification abilities.

Hancock isn't ugly, so there is a chance of her joining Luffy's crew, but I seriously doubt that. Even if she were to join, what could she provide to the crew?

Well, Tom might've been a member of the Sun Pirates. After all, even Fish/Merman who weren't slaves weren't safe from discrimination. It should be much safer in the gang.

As for Hancock, ironically, she has better chances than Margeret to join, looking at the trends. Tragic past associated with the upcoming arc, Devil Fruit powers that are perfect against cannon fodder, but not so much against those with decent power levels.

Trax 2008-11-05 08:06

Wow, the spoiler I've seen looks very interesting. If Hancock had known beforehand that Luffy had punched a Tenryuubito it might not have
escalated to this point at all. Also, Luffy proved to them that not all men are as barbaric as they thought. Ofcourse they're mostly misgivings that are unlikely to be dispelled by the people they meet in their line of 'work'. Can't wait to read this one properly, bring it on! :D

aohige 2008-11-05 08:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Small One (Post 2035923)
I think this has to be explained a bit more:
Why did he climb up the Red Line? How did he free all the slaves, and why didn't the WG do something against it, if they had a problem with this?

He skipped that part of the summary.
He climbed the Redline to infiltrate Marie Joie to attack the city. Hancock says he fought with all his might to free the slaves. He turned into the enemy of the World Government, fought them, and created the Pirates of the Sun. It doesn't say in detail if he did it solo, but I doubt very many people could follow him up the Redline with their bare hands. :heh: He was most likely one tough mofo, on the level of the legends with Roger and others.

tzia_n 2008-11-05 08:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by james0246 (Post 2035860)
... as well as my original prediction that Luffy would simply ask for a ship and that the ending would be anti-climatic :)...

this is one piece, what did you expect? :p this is where the most absurd answers are the best ones :heh:

Paraden1989 2008-11-05 09:42

the only thing is if Margaret joins the crew she has to have a mentor who ether died or lost a limb because every Straw Hat member has lost a mentor or someone dear to them.

Boa could still be an option because Fisher Tiger could have been her "mentor figure," and he died so it kind of works hand in hand. idk if she would make a good straw hat, but i'm just pointing out the facts.

i'm glad though that this arc is ending really really quickly, and they are going to arrive at Merman Island hopefully soon! i still think it would be interesting if they had to fight a bunch of "fishermen" once they got to mermen island. they could be bounty hunters that specialize in mermen!

marvelB 2008-11-05 09:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by aohige (Post 2036053)
He skipped that part of the summary.
He climbed the Redline to infiltrate Marie Joie to attack the city. Hancock says he fought with all his might to free the slaves. He turned into the enemy of the World Government, fought them, and created the Pirates of the Sun. It doesn't say in detail if he did it solo, but I doubt very many people could follow him up the Redline with their bare hands. :heh:

Yeah, my bad. I meant to post that part, but I was up rather late and kinda skipped over that particular detail by accident. But knowing this, I have a particularly strong feeling that the World Nobles will have a huge part in the upcoming Merman Island storyline. After all, we saw how Sharlia wanted retribution for her KO'ed father and brother.....

Quote:

He was most likely one tough mofo, on the level of the legends with Roger and others

No doubt about that! :D The fact that he pulled such crazy stunts definitely suggests that Tiger was a lot stronger than the average merman. But I wonder.... what connection does Jinbei have to Fisher Tiger? Maybe he was his first mate during his Sun Pirate days? Chances are, he was probably a former slave as well. Yet, now he's a Shichibukai.... a government dog, in other words. Maybe there's a deeper reason why he accepted the title...?

Oh, and one amusing to point out: Judging from the spoiler pics, Marigold was a LOT slimmer when she was younger (but that was probably due to slave labor). I also noticed that the CP9 ministory featured another of the Buster Call marines, that one captain with an afro that Franky fought (I think his name was Berry Good?). I'm still hoping we get to see the Rokushiki master(s) soon, though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by james0246 (Post 2035860)
Oh well, at least Boa is not Luffy's mother ;).

That theory hasn't really been debunked yet. While it's true that she softened up sooner than I'd have liked, all she really did was undo the curse on Margaret and co., talked about her slave days, and agreed to lend Luffy a ship. Unless you're suggesting that she refuses to have a relationship with men because of her slave days? We still have yet to learn what the Boa sisters have done after Tiger freed them. Chances are, they haven't returned to Amazon Lily right away. Maybe Hancock even met Dragon during that time....

But what's really bothering me now is the amount of people who believe that Hancock will join Luffy's crew. As I said before, it wouldn't make sense for her to abandon her own crew and join Luffy at this point. That would be a sure-fire way for her to lose her Shichibukai status, for one thing (which is something she intends to keep). Then there's the fact that she's a huge role model for the Kuja. Recall her earlier speech with Nyon, where she said that Nyon was a traitor because she left her people. She'd be contradicting her own words, and would probably be considered a traitor herself. Lastly, it also wouldn't make sense for a powerful, experienced Shichibukai like her to join a rookie's crew, no matter what reasons she may have. So temporary ally? Fine. Permanent ally? No way, Jose.

If any of the Kuja were to join Luffy, I'd say that Margaret is the best bet at this point (though I'd still rather see Sweetpea join)....

Rurik 2008-11-05 10:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by marvelB (Post 2036173)
If any of the Kuja were to join Luffy, I'd say that Margaret is the best bet at this point (though I'd still rather see Sweetpea join)....

I don’t think It would be healthy to have a Girl with no experience in man whatsoever in the same boat Sanji is in….but it would be a set-up for a lot of laughs… =p

I do think that the next member needs to be an established Haki user

marvelB 2008-11-05 10:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rurik (Post 2036240)
I don’t think It would be healthy to have a Girl with no experience in man whatsoever in the same boat Sanji is in….but it would be a set-up for a lot of laughs… =p

I'd think Margaret's inexperience with males would be rather amusing as long as Oda doesn't have her spam the "kintama" gag to oblivion. But he probably will, anyway. :rolleyes:

Anyways, there's still two days left before Hancock gives her answer to Momonga. I wonder if during that time, the sisters (or Nyon) will teach Luffy about Haki? I don't think that he'll be undergoing some "training period" (because good lord do those get boring fast). He'll most likely just get some detailed explanation of how it works, and can work out the rest for himself. After all, he said he came up with the Gears after Aokiji defeated him, and it's not like we saw him training for that....

kari-no-sugata 2008-11-05 11:07

Not sure how many people predicted that the sisters were ex-slaves of Tenryuubito, but it was a pretty good bet. The extra detail about Fisher Tiger was quite interesting through.

Curious though - does Luffy know about Hancock being a Shichibukai? Doesn't seem to know about Ace yet.

Nice bit of the chapter: Hancock deliberately tests Luffy - giving him the choice between taking a ship back and un-petrifying the girls. The expect him to take the ship "and show his true nature" (as a selfish man) but instead he immediately asks to save the girls and bows deeply, surprising the sisters considerably. Luffy definitely had an effect on her :D

I wonder if she'll give Luffy any tips on Haki. Would seem a bit of a waste if something along those lines doesn't happen (though we might only find out later, rather than getting a "training" chapter)

marvelB 2008-11-05 11:17

Oh yeah, another little thing I forgot to mention: I'm pretty sure Hancock confirms that she ate the Mero Mero fruit, judging from the spoiler pics. I can definitely recognize the characters, despite my (very) limited Nihongo skills.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Small One (Post 2036274)
IMHO they don't need another member; they already have more than enough.
Besides: IIRC everytime a new member was introduced, it was when the whole crew was present. So it should be impossible to get a new member, with Luffy beeing alone somewhere.

Luffy said from the very beginning of the series that he wanted 10 people in his crew, so a tenth person will definitely join sooner or later. It may as well be sooner, I suppose....

Sordes Pilosus 2008-11-05 11:24

The Chapter with Brook joining confirmed that he is the 8th. So there will likly be 2 more, 1 wont come for a while i think, but Margaret has a decent chance of becomming the 9th. And if her chapter is named that, then the tenth wont be to far behind either. As for Boa, there is virtualy 0 chance for that. Perhaps thats why i fear it.. Oda likes 180's at times.

7th_dimension 2008-11-05 11:58

King's Disposition, haki...

I'm lufffy fan who is a little bit confused...

1. Silvers, Shanks, Doflamingo, Hebihime, Luffy...
Haki users? anything else?

2. Why kidd and trafalgar and their nakamas cannot be affected with silver's haki?

3. my friends frequently asked "Where did Luffy got the power of haki?". Is it true thats all about Luffy's destiny to become a King?

i know i'm a bit curious, otherwise it didnt related to chapter 521, but... at least i've got the answer.:D sankyuu...

mydecember 2008-11-05 15:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7th_dimension (Post 2036339)
1. Silvers, Shanks, Doflamingo, Hebihime, Luffy...
Haki users? anything else?

We're not sure if Flamingo also has the "King" type haki, but he doesn't seem to have it.
By far, only Luffy, Hancock (Hebihime), Shanks and Rayleigh seems to have it (That "king" type haki).
Quote:

Originally Posted by 7th_dimension
2. Why kidd and trafalgar and their nakamas cannot be affected with silver's haki?

Only the weak ones, are affected by it.
Quote:

Originally Posted by 7th_dimension
3. my friends frequently asked "Where did Luffy got the power of haki?". Is it true thats all about Luffy's destiny to become a King?

Anyone can have haki actually, if they learn it. All the people in Amazon Lily seems to know how to use it. But Luffy is an anomaly in this concept. While he doesn't know anything about haki, he seems to be able to blast it out, regarding to his emotions, and he has a special type of haki.

Trax 2008-11-05 17:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by mydecember (Post 2036595)
Anyone can have haki actually, if they learn it. All the people in Amazon Lily seems to know how to use it. But Luffy is an anomaly in this concept. While he doesn't know anything about haki, he seems to be able to blast it out, regarding to his emotions, and he has a special type of haki.

Personally I'm not yet conviced that anyone can learn haki, it's not yet a fact that all amazons can use it. Perhaps only the better warriors are able to learn it. I'm hoping Rayleigh will shed some light on it soon. :)

crescent_essence 2008-11-05 17:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Small One (Post 2036274)
IMHO they don't need another member; they already have more than enough.
Besides: IIRC everytime a new member was introduced, it was when the whole crew was present. So it should be impossible to get a new member, with Luffy beeing alone somewhere.

Well, in the first few chapters, Luffy did say he wanted about ten members. And they've already got to nine, so what's one more? Especially since it's someone as interesting and well liked as Margaret.

Good tidings to all you who reside here. This is my first post on Animesuki, so please be merciful to me...

Freya 2008-11-05 18:31

Boa being Luffys mom still doesn't make sense. Even if One Piece doesn't make sense in a lot of things, THIS for sure makes no sense. She's some random person and we say she's his mom? Eh...?

It's a good ending to the arc. We'll see Boa again for sure.

kari-no-sugata 2008-11-05 19:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freya (Post 2036877)
Boa being Luffys mom still doesn't make sense. Even if One Piece doesn't make sense in a lot of things, THIS for sure makes no sense. She's some random person and we say she's his mom? Eh...?

It's rather unhealthy I feel - if pushers of this "theory" want to take the "it's just a theory" excuse to defend raising it, but still raise it all the time, I don't think they're being honest with themselves. Luffy has to have a mother but that's no reason to finger any possible candidate just to satisfy a curiosity. Waste of energy...

Given that Boa Hancock was sold as a slave to World Nobles at a young age, and that the memories/humiliation are such that she and all her sisters would rather die, it's not too hard (that rather disgusting) to imagine what likely happened to them. It's not surprising that she sees men as beasts. Makes it all the more unlikely that she'd later fall in love with some man, get pregnant, deliberately avoid going back to Amazon Lilly for however many months then just give the baby away, rather than go back home and give birth to a girl.

james0246 2008-11-05 19:48

^ Are you trying to say that Boa is a lesbian? Because if you are, just come right out and say it, there is nothing to be ashamed about.
:).

---

Since Fisher Tiger has been implicitly compared to Luffy, is it possible that Jinbei is going to be an ally, or an even larger villain than previously predicted (depending on Jinbei's connection to Fisher Tiger)?

kari-no-sugata 2008-11-05 20:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by james0246 (Post 2037007)
^ Are you trying to say that Boa is a lesbian? Because if you are, just come right out and say it, there is nothing to be ashamed about.

Evidence for disgust in men is not evidence for interest in women.

Spoiler for the subject I wasn't interested in explicitly raising was: