AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Love Live! (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   [Android/iOS] Love Live! School Idol Festival (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=126816)

blakstealth 2014-06-27 09:18

[Android/iOS] Love Live! School Idol Festival

http://i.imgur.com/aosTNEA.jpg

Love Live! School Idol Festival is a social rhythm game for mobile devices (both for iOS and Android) produced by KLabGames and bushiroad. In the game, the player creates units based on collectible virtual cards and performs Live concerts with a designated unit. All the songs used in the game are sung by members of the Love Live! idol group μ's.

School Idol Festival is available in English on the App Store on iTunes and the Google Play Store as a FREE download!

NEED SOME FRIENDS? LOOK NO FURTHER

Pablete 2014-06-27 10:01

Hanayo.

She saved my ass several times since I got her Pure UR card.

I owe her a lot.

blakstealth 2014-06-27 12:03

I've yet to obtain any UR idols; the closest thing I have is a SR Maki. D:

MrTerrorist 2014-06-27 12:15

I just got a Nico UR card after saving on Love Gems.

RWBladewing 2014-06-27 12:21

I have very weird luck with this game. I have UR Hanayo, all 3 idolized versions of the basic R Honoka, and 4 copies of the R Nico, yet I don't have a single Rin in any form and my Umi that I started the game with is still not idolized.

I enjoy the game quite a bit but I think the balance between stats and skill leans just a bit too far toward stats. Getting S-rank on songs I botched like crazy and B-rank on songs I've Full Combo'd just feels wrong sometimes. Of course, I realize it has to be this way since it's F2P and they'd be much less likely to make any money if the rarer characters with better stats didn't get you higher ranks.

UR Hanayo's special ability is pretty OP though; it's borderline impossible to actually fail a song with her in your lineup.:heh:

blakstealth 2014-06-27 13:09

Do you guys think it's worth it to level up an R idol to its max and then use her as Practice for another? Or just get rid of her while she's just level 1? I like only having one copy of an idol.

KBTKaiser 2014-06-27 15:26

I at least idolize and max bond for the album/progression rewards stuff.

Miraluka 2014-06-27 17:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by blakstealth (Post 5164654)
Do you guys think it's worth it to level up an R idol to its max and then use her as Practice for another? Or just get rid of her while she's just level 1? I like only having one copy of an idol.

Maximize an honor fully idolized R student, once you get the normal R from the same type, you'll level up their skill.

blakstealth 2014-06-27 19:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miraluka (Post 5164790)
Maximize an honor fully idolized R student, once you get the normal R from the same type, you'll level up their skill.

oh shit, so that's how you do it. Luckily, I've been doing that. lol

RWBladewing 2014-06-27 20:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miraluka (Post 5164790)

Wow, had no idea, glad I saved mine. Thanks for this info.

blakstealth 2014-06-29 06:22

So I have a fully leveled and fully max bonded and idol'd R Hanayo and tried to increase her skill level by using a regular R Hanayo as practice. I did it and it didn't go up. What am I missing? Does the R Hanayo have to be fully max bonded/leveled, too?

KBTKaiser 2014-06-29 14:55

there's a chance of failure when doing skill ups. It doesn't always work unless the RNG deems you worthy. For example, my Red Eli managed level 3 skill while my Red Umi failed an attempt and only managed level 2.

blakstealth 2014-06-29 21:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by KBTKaiser (Post 5166560)
there's a chance of failure when doing skill ups. It doesn't always work unless the RNG deems you worthy. For example, my Red Eli managed level 3 skill while my Red Umi failed an attempt and only managed level 2.

Ah...I was not worthy.

Yye1 2014-06-29 22:09

Wow, so that new song was pretty hard from the daily shows

Wild Goose 2014-06-29 22:40

So hype. Totally downloading this when I get home.

blakstealth 2014-06-29 22:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yye1 (Post 5166829)
Wow, so that new song was pretty hard from the daily shows

Yeah, the 3 newest songs they've added just destroyed my self-esteem.

Yye1 2014-06-29 23:03

^go over 206000 points and still in C....

Miraluka 2014-06-30 12:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by blakstealth (Post 5166779)
Ah...I was not worthy.

Did you max. Full their bonds before?

blakstealth 2014-06-30 14:09

For that situation I was talking about above, no. But I feel like all the others times I did it without maxing the bonds, it worked. I'll max the bonds from now on, though.

Cyprene 2014-06-30 21:04

Is there a way to play this with a rooted device?
Some people say no but some people say they have a copy of the game that lets them do it.

Marina2 2014-07-02 14:14

While all "hard difficulty" daily songs (25LP) are very hard, I found that their normal difficulty (15LP) are quite easy and they give out the same amount of exp. and money as hard difficulty hit song (15LP). So, I recommend you all to just play their normal difficulty.

About skill level upgrade, I read from somewhere that skill level upgrade will have 100% success if a practice partner has the same skill level. For example: if you want 100% success in upgrading skill lv 2 >> lv3 ,a partner skill level must be lv 2.

Question
1. I have idolized Maki SR and I just get another Maki SR. Should I use it to upgrade skill level of idolized Maki SR or should I put it on a team for more total team points??? It's so hard to decide.

RWBladewing 2014-07-02 14:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marina2 (Post 5169297)
While all "hard difficulty" daily songs (25LP) are very hard, I found that their normal difficulty (15LP) are quite easy and they give out the same amount of exp. and money as hard difficulty hit song (15LP). So, I recommend you all to just play their normal difficulty.

You should still try to complete them on hard at least once though, as you get a love gem for completing all 3 difficulties.

Pablete 2014-07-02 21:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marina2 (Post 5169297)

About skill level upgrade, I read from somewhere that skill level upgrade will have 100% success if a practice partner has the same skill level. For example: if you want 100% success in upgrading skill lv 2 >> lv3 ,a partner skill level must be lv 2.

Question
1. I have idolized Maki SR and I just get another Maki SR. Should I use it to upgrade skill level of idolized Maki SR or should I put it on a team for more total team points??? It's so hard to decide.

Since it's a SR better keep it and idolize it the bonuses when played on your team will be aboce having just one with a Level 2 skill.

blakstealth 2014-07-02 23:00

I didn't even realize that thee was a b-side. Sucks that it's green, too. My green team is the weakest :(

Yye1 2014-07-03 00:58

yesterday`s song totally wrecked my self esteem, soldier game was a godly song in many ways

amasposu 2014-07-03 01:30

My phone is rooted, so I can't play, either.

risingstar3110 2014-07-03 04:19

How can you actually progress in this game btw?

I means i can do easy and normal difficulty. But even with S combo, the reward is still only gold and Normal cards. I guess there should be a non-monetary way to get UR and SR cards somehow to keep new players happy?

But at this moment, i have like 2 Rare girls, 60 normal cards and lots of gold, without knowing what to do with them

blakstealth 2014-07-03 06:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by risingstar3110 (Post 5169708)

I means i can do easy and normal difficulty. But even with S combo, the reward is still only gold and Normal cards. I guess there should be a non-monetary way to get UR and SR cards somehow to keep new players happy?

But at this moment, i have like 2 Rare girls, 60 normal cards and lots of gold, without knowing what to do with them

You progress through the game by leveling yourself up. Leveling up can either raise your LP capacity or increase the number of Friends you can have. Leveling up also unlocks you chapters of the main story.

You have to do some scouting for Honor Students if you want the R idols and a small chance for the SR and UR idols lol. Even in the normal student scouting, there's a chance that you can get R idols. I recommend scouting them in bulk, though (scouting 10 idols for 1000 Friend Pts). There's even an extremely small chance that you can get an R idol when you complete songs. It has only happened to me once, though. And you can use the N idols to either level up other idols or you can idolize them. A good way to get Love Gems is to turn them into idols and maximizing their bonds. Doing that will get you 1 Love Gem for each idol with a maximized bond.

Marina2 2014-07-03 06:36

After playing for a while, I think it is better idea to build a team with the mix of all 3 colors because you will have a balance between scoring and surviving.

How do you guys teams look like currently?

These are mine

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)

Quote:

Originally Posted by risingstar3110 (Post 5169708)

You can get a love gem for free to scout for R,SR,UR

- Daily log-in gives you Love Gems
- Max relationship with an idolized member and go to read her story in story mode gives you 1 Love Gems. For new player, try to max out relationship with all idolized normal cards you can find.
- Complete a main story chapter gives you a Love Gems.

Non-love gem method

- Event gives out SR card
- Scout Regular student with Multiple Scouting will often give you R card(s).

risingstar3110 2014-07-03 07:07

Still not used to the terminology yet, but what do you means by " Max relationship with an idolized member and go to read her story in story mode gives you 1 Love Gems. For new player, try to max out relationship with all idolized normal cards you can find."

"Idolised", as , when you merged two similar cards? You only can do it once, right?

"Max relationship"? I guess play them in the same team for a long time?

Marina2 2014-07-03 07:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by risingstar
"Idolised", as , when you merged two similar cards? You only can do it once, right?

Yes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by risingstar
"Max relationship"? I guess play them in the same team for a long time?

In card status scene, you will see

Lv x/x
Exp y/y
Bond z/z

When card's bond point is full, that means it has max relationship and its story will be unlocked to read in story mode menu.

Your card get bond point from doing a live show. The amount per round depends on your combo count.

blakstealth 2014-07-03 07:52

Yup, that's what idolized means. And you can do it only once.

and do you notice that you get "Bond Pts" every time you finish a song? That is what will increase your bond for each girl. Idolizing them will increase the bond point gap and the level gap, and "maximizing the bond" for an idolized girl like I mentioned earlier will unlock her side story, which will award you 20,000 G and 1 Love Gem.

risingstar3110 2014-07-03 08:15

Does leader position give them extra bond points? As my Nico already reached 100 while other still barely reached 2 figure

Should I idolised a girl as soon as i have a copy of her? Or do we gain extra stat or exp if we do something else with that copy first (like max the bond point, or max the level, etc)?

Atm it's all Smile for me, as I barely get enough points for anything else (both the levelled up Rare was on Smile). But even perfect combo in Normal still not enough to get S then.

Hard is... well...just hard

Yye1 2014-07-03 16:19

Personally, I have been going at the daily songs, as completing all 3 difficulties gives you a love gem, and if you have enough skills to get A or above in the hard for the daily shows, they also give you love gems. Your team has to be stacked though, my highest was an A on the Nico and Nozomi duet

risingstar3110 2014-07-04 07:14

At this moment I'm still going on Daily Easy, just to steal the Friend Points to hope for Rare for normal recruit.

Attempted Normal daily. So close to get it, but the lost exp really deal hard on me (15*5=1.5 hours of prime time game play). And since i can't do hard anyway...so...

Maybe i will try to get all girls normal to maximum bonds first. Almost get all extra story for the Smile N team. So my current Smile teams consist of mostly Cool and Pure :heh:

risingstar3110 2014-07-04 10:17

This event is a scam on newbie.... :(

We get 1 point for every note, and 4 points for every note doing the event song (15 for ~60). It means every energy, we get 5 event points.

To get SR Nico. You need 13000 points, or 2600 energy, or 15600 minute. You have 10 days to do this event, and it only 1440 minutes a day. Assume we get some energy thank to level, then we still need 240 energies, or roughly 6-8 levels, which is quite significant.

In short i don't know how many points normal difficulty gives, but it requires 10 days continue playing without sleep for the newbie to get SR Nico. Which is impossible almost

Hiss13 2014-07-04 11:03

I just downloaded this last night 'cause I saw this thread and I remembered why I don't play rhythm games very often...because I'm not that good at them. :upset:

The event is crazy, though. I just want an SR Nico. :heh:
I've only got about 400 event points and Normal mode of the event song is pretty dang difficult for me. I used up a heart point on my first try just so I could finish it without wasting any of my notes. :upset:

I have to wonder how those people in the rankings have over 8000 event points already. :twitch:

Hopefully I can get 2000 event points by the time I go to sleep...but that's probably nothing more than an illusion that needs to be broken.

RWBladewing 2014-07-04 11:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hiss13 (Post 5170988)

I have to wonder how those people in the rankings have over 8000 event points already. :twitch:

They're playing for hours on end and using love gems to restore their LP so they can keep going without having to take a break.

I don't really even try to complete these events as I know I just don't have the time to dedicate to it. I found the previous one's event song fairly easy even on Hard, did it every time I could through the course of my normal play schedule, and didn't even get halfway towards SR Umi.

Hiss13 2014-07-04 11:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by RWBladewing (Post 5170993)
They're playing for hours on end and using love gems to restore their LP so they can keep going without having to take a break.

I don't really even try to complete these events as I know I just don't have the time to dedicate to it. I found the previous one's event song fairly easy even on Hard, did it every time I could through the course of my normal play schedule, and didn't even get halfway towards SR Umi.

That's kinda insane...I figured as much that it was something like that but it's still insane...

Bila 2014-07-04 11:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by risingstar3110 (Post 5170951)
This event is a scam on newbie.... :(

We get 1 point for every note, and 4 points for every note doing the event song (15 for ~60). It means every energy, we get 5 event points.

To get SR Nico. You need 13000 points, or 2600 energy, or 15600 minute. You have 10 days to do this event, and it only 1440 minutes a day. Assume we get some energy thank to level, then we still need 240 energies, or roughly 6-8 levels, which is quite significant.

In short i don't know how many points normal difficulty gives, but it requires 10 days continue playing without sleep for the newbie to get SR Nico. Which is impossible almost

I dunno i find the event easier to people with lower levels, since you get more level ups and with that a free LP refil of course, it really depends in what level are you right now :heh:
Each 45 LP roll on hard, gets you 48 points/novels, and a roll on event song on hard, one and a half on normal.

I've been playing the game since the western launch date, and in all events i've managed to get the SR with days before the event ends.
Also, in the end of this page you have a detailed numbers of points that you get each roll of the event song, and Hard = 16 Novels, Hard Daily = 27 Novels, Normal = 10 Novels, Easy 5 Novels.
http://decaf.kouhi.me/lovelive/index.php?title=Gameplay

Since this is a Nico event i've already spent 2 lovecas, and i'm with 1,2k points and 2 rolls of the hard event song to go, so 1,6k points.